Mattias Tedenby

Devs4LIFE

So a few weeks ago I wrote a thread about Mark Fayne and where he stands with the team next season and what everyone thinks about him as a player. Today I decided to do everyone's favorite Swedish meatball, Mattias Tedenby.

Where to start? There's really not much to dislike about Teddy's game except for the fact that he is a little undersized and could work on his play in the defensive zone (Something he worked hard at to improve upon last season).

Teddy was drafted as a LW but was converted to RW when he made it to the NHL, something we should all be extremely happy about since he could very well be our best RW next season. Another good thing about him is that I think he will be able to play on any line and still be able to contribute offensively, he scores goals, he makes nice passes and he can dangle like it's his job....which I guess it is and he goes hard to the net or into the corners. He reminds me of a poor man's Martin St. Louis.

Last year in 58 games played he had 8 GOALS and 14 ASSISTS and was plus 3 all while playing on an average of 12:32 per games.....not bad for a 21 year old. His TOI will probably go up next season by a couple of minutes which can only help him as he receives more ES/PP time.

Off topic but if I was the coach I'd stick him on a line like this:

Henrique-Elias-Tedenby

Awesome...

Anyway what do you guys think about him and how will he contribute to the team next season?

He will be a Devil for a long time. To early to say whether or not for his career obviously but he wont be going anywhere any time soon.

Ill say hell have 12 goals this season and 17 assists.

Im happy hes around. I think he will be a solid first liner for us in a few seasons.

Im so pumped about teddy...

Were used to winning but were not used that much to crazy dekes and stuff... We had Elias whks a dangler but now we have teddy and kovy, parise is not much of a big dangler but hes still pulling some sick moves here and there... Its getting so fun to watch

My main hope is that this off season he has hit the gym and added to his frame. Not as a direct comparison, but the reason Mart St Louis has been so sucsessful and lasted in the NHL for a player of his size is that he is completley solid physically, many people have commented that he has legs the size of tree trunks and he is in fantastic shape.

Teddy has to make sure his body can handle the contact, becuase although he can use his speed to dodge quite a lot of it, he will get hit, and he needs to make usre he can cope with that.

His speed and his hands are awesome weapons, he is so much fun to watch, and he is a hard worker like Parise. Given the lack of depth at RW i could see him being around the 1st line this year.

As others have said he is a ton of fun to watch play. My daughters got really into hockey after coming to a game with me last season and watching him play. :) Great skill, great hustle, he'll definitely be a fan favorite - not much not to like!

Definitely a future fan favorite. He's a little on the tiny side but hopefully as others have said he's hit the gym this summer to bulk up a bit.

If he gets enough ice time this year I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 20 goal mark

Tedenby has some serious potential and I think saying he "could be a 20-30 goal scorer" is underselling his potential. Unless you were talking about next season, with which I will agree. If you want to get excited, go compare him his rookie year stats to Parise. Not saying he'll develop as far as Zach has, but this kid is a serious prospect with oodles of talent.

Definitely a future fan favorite. He's a little on the tiny side but hopefully as others have said he's hit the gym this summer to bulk up a bit.

If he gets enough ice time this year I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the 20 goal mark

I can definatly see him being a fan favorite. He seems to be a pretty funny guy and he definatly is my favorite swedish meatball :lol: