10-11 Team Hero/ Team Goat/ Team Rook, Predict 11-12 Too

Sharifijanov2099

First looking back at last year, I'd say Patty Elias was the team hero by far. Had 14 points more than he had in the season before (for 62 total), and was just simply a steady player all season long through the ups and downs. Great leader. Great veteran presence. Love having him on the Devils, and the guy proves versatile too. Team goat... there were many: Brodeur, Greene, (in the eyes of some, Kovalchuk), but for my money, I am going with Zajac, who had an unacceptably low offensive output with 44 points, after posting seasons of 62 and 67. He's supposed to be our #1 center, and proved fairly impotent without linemate Parise. I think everyone was looking for him to break 70. Instead, he took a step (a fairly big one) backwards. Team rook...a few good ones from which to choose: Josefson, Palmieri, Fayne, but I go with Tedenby, who proved he's got some jam and some slick moves, and can play in the NHL despite being the size of a garden gnome. Teddy had 8g-14a-22 pts in 58 games. I'd like to see those totals doubled this year for him.

2010-2011 TH, TG, TR (Summary)

TH: Elias

TG: Zajac

TR: Teddy

Now, predicting this year, team hero, I fully expect Kovalchuk to begin where he left off. He knows he's got a huge contract and has to deliver, and hopefully now has learned the behaviors of line mates. I think the guy has already shown that he wants to win, has a great passion for the game, and will do what coaches ask of him, even if it is a defensive assignment. For a guy like him, a 30g-30a type season isn't good enough. Look for K-chuk to score 45 goals this year to go along with 40 helpers. Team goat... not something to look forward to, but any number of guys could disappoint (even Zach Parise depending on the money he gets). Guys like Tallinder and Volchenkov are on good money and need to play better from the start to prove their worth. But I'm going to modestly predict that Palmieri falls out of favor and doesn't produce, and eventually falls back into the farm system, despite his promising season last year. Team rookie...I believe Taormina will still qualify as a rookie, and I predict he will have a good offensive year, but may stumble defensively. Still, I say he puts up 40 points and gets a lot of PP time, and proves valuable as a puck mover.

2011-2012 TH, TG, TR (Summary)

TH: Kovalchuk

TG: Palmieri

TR: Taormina

Now you!

11-12

TH: Kovy

TG: Hunter

I can't see TG being Hunter, who has no real shot of even cracking the 3rd line. IE, what possible expectations could there be for him? Even if he blows, he won't affect much. He won't be so bad where he's giving the puck away left and right. If he's bad, stuff him in the AHL, and his value is still immense (ie, the man responsible for swapping with Rolston and freeing 3M... he's practically a team hero no matter what he does!) I think Team Goat has to be a guy around which there is some degree of expectation, who is expected to play a decent role. Picking Hunter is like picking Fraser, who might not even make the team.

First looking back at last year, I'd say Patty Elias was the team hero by far. Had 14 points more than he had in the season before (for 62 total), and was just simply a steady player all season long through the ups and downs. Great leader. Great veteran presence. Love having him on the Devils, and the guy proves versatile too. Team goat... there were many: Brodeur, Greene, (in the eyes of some, Kovalchuk), but for my money, I am going with Zajac, who had an unacceptably low offensive output with 44 points, after posting seasons of 62 and 67. He's supposed to be our #1 center, and proved fairly impotent without linemate Parise. I think everyone was looking for him to break 70. Instead, he took a step (a fairly big one) backwards. Team rook...a few good ones from which to choose: Josefson, Palmieri, Fayne, but I go with Tedenby, who proved he's got some jam and some slick moves, and can play in the NHL despite being the size of a garden gnome. Teddy had 8g-14a-22 pts in 58 games. I'd like to see those totals doubled this year for him.

2010-2011 TH, TG, TR (Summary)

TG: Zajac

TR: Teddy

Zajac the team goat of last season? are you serious, did you watch most of last season, no one on the team had a great year. I think there are people who deserve that more than Zajac.

TH:Elias

TG:Rolston

TR:Tedenby

Edited by Demonic26

Since last year was so fragmented, I'll do it in halfs

10-11 First Half

TG: Almost everyone, but especially Langenbrunner and Rolston

10-11 Second Half

TG: Clarkson

TR: Fayne

PREDICTIONS

11-12

TH: Parise

TG: Greene

TR: Josefson

TG:Kovalchuk

:rolleyes:

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

10-11

TH: Kovalchuk - Seemed like the heart and soul of the team during the second half. And all of those GWGs were amazing.

TG: Greene - Not a great year for him. I'm still waiting for him to go back to what he showed in the 09-10 season, and even the '10 playoffs where he was looking really good

TR: Tedenby - Although Fayne's role was probably more useful this past year, this kid began to really show his potential and I look forward to having him on the team for years to come.

11-12

TH: Kovy - predicting another very strong year for him. I hope he continues to grow as a two-way player without sacrificing scoring.

TG: Clarkson - I really hope I'm wrong about this, but I really want some offensive production from him now that he has been relieved from the position of "team tough guy". I just can't see it happening, sadly.

TR: Taormina - I hope he gets a lot of time because he looks so confident out there, and great on the PP. I don't think Larsson will be playing full time yet (and hoping for this) because he needs to take his time developing to his full potential.