Dave Barr named assistant coach

thelastonealive

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=585466&navid=DL|NJD|home

Newark, NJ – The Devils today completed their coaching staff by adding Dave Barr as an assistant coach. He joins Head Coach Peter DeBoer, Assistant Coaches Larry Robinson and Adam Oates, and Goaltending Coach Chris Terreri. The announcement was made by Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

Newark, NJ – The Devils today completed their offensive corps by resigning forward Zach Parise to a multi year deal. He joins fellow left winger Ilya Kovalchuk, Travis Zajac, and Patrik Elias. The announcement was made by Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

Fixed.

So what do you guys think of this? I know some of you will call this proof that DeBoer is Lou's puppet. I'm trying to decide how I feel... about a LOT of things with this coaching staff.

Is it THAT hard to find an objective set of eyes with your same vision of hockey? DeBoer is in a tough spot in a way, because he could be described as a green coach.... I can see how being in his shoes you want to use the knowledge someone like Lou and his staff has.... but you need to find your own voice as well. I'm not worried about DeBoer finding his voice. He's got one loud and clear.

I worry about seeing through players eyes too much too. That's sort of what I'm getting at. Sure you've had huge success as a player -- but what it is it you are truly seeing? Pat Burns was seeing hockey. He had no choice. Players start seeing all sorts of crap putting themselves in players shoes. It works for and against a player. It's too easy to think you knwo how a player is thinking , what he's seeing. It's too easy to be misguided by your own experience. A non-NHLer I feel is going to be more articulate - he'll see more specifically. After last season it's just clear you gloss over stuff and you just don't see things when you think you know the organization and they SYSTEM <_< and the NHL even.

I'm happy with the coaching staff... it's not a big thing. It could go either way -- a strength a commonality --- or it could be a weakness the blind leading the blind. I like the set up -- but I'm not entirely comfortable with it.

and -- I am now of the opinion Stevens can not ever be an NHL coach. He can't do that to Donna. What -- when the kids are gone, leave again? Then what the hell does she have? I'd follow my husband around if he decided he was going to ditch me with the sh!tty farm and crap. <_< "Turns out I like you, sh!thead -- you don't get to dump me once we figure that out <_<:rant:" Yeah -- so... no coaching for Scotty :evil: Unless he's an a$$hole :evil: Then she can embark on a career as a writer... and artist... a... :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

So what do you guys think of this? I know some of you will call this proof that DeBoer is Lou's puppet. I'm trying to decide how I feel... about a LOT of things with this coaching staff.

Is it THAT hard to find an objective set of eyes with your same vision of hockey? DeBoer is in a tough spot in a way, because he could be described as a green coach.... I can see how being in his shoes you want to use the knowledge someone like Lou and his staff has.... but you need to find your own voice as well. I'm not worried about DeBoer finding his voice. He's got one loud and clear.

I worry about seeing through players eyes too much too. That's sort of what I'm getting at. Sure you've had huge success as a player -- but what it is it you are truly seeing? Pat Burns was seeing hockey. He had no choice. Players start seeing all sorts of crap putting themselves in players shoes. It works for and against a player. It's too easy to think you knwo how a player is thinking , what he's seeing. It's too easy to be misguided by your own experience. A non-NHLer I feel is going to be more articulate - he'll see more specifically. After last season it's just clear you gloss over stuff and you just don't see things when you think you know the organization and they SYSTEM <_< and the NHL even.

I'm happy with the coaching staff... it's not a big thing. It could go either way -- a strength a commonality --- or it could be a weakness the blind leading the blind. I like the set up -- but I'm not entirely comfortable with it.

and -- I am now of the opinion Stevens can not ever be an NHL coach. He can't do that to Donna. What -- when the kids are gone, leave again? Then what the hell does she have? I'd follow my husband around if he decided he was going to ditch me with the sh!tty farm and crap. <_< "Turns out I like you, sh!thead -- you don't get to dump me once we figure that out <_<:rant:" Yeah -- so... no coaching for Scotty :evil: Unless he's an a$hole :evil: Then she can embark on a career as a writer... and artist... a... :noclue:

tldr

I did read the fix. I was just wondering why anyone's joking about the Parise contract talks when we know everyone on this board is eagerly awaiting real news of something.

+1e100

DON'T JINX IT GAWD

Edited by Devilsfan118

I agree pCorn with the above but apply it moreso to JMac. We'll have to wait and see what autonomy Deboer creates for himself. This looks like a lou choice, but no one is sure. I doubt lou asked Deboer his opinion, but said, you have too much on your plate right now, I'll get another assistant for you.Guess we'll have to see how it shakes out. The hiring of Deboer I'm excited about because his coaching style mimics Sutter, which Zach thrioved under