Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 11-12

Quinn01

The draft is now moved to Friday September 16th and 9:00 PM.

Also, if you would like to change your team name this is how you do it:

Click My Team

Edit Team Settings

and then change the name to what you want.

Just if you change it, post what name you are up here so we all know who we are playing.

Mine is now LatendresseOduya. :giggle:

Edited by Quinn01

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no chance we can do it during the day/ early evening on like saturday or sunday?

I may speak for myself but Friday night is.... Friday night..

I sent a message to everyone about a week ago asking what their thoughts about the draft was. I got 1 reply. As of now, I am going to leave it until I hear a few more people say otherwise.

I hope everyone shows up on the draft though.

I sent a message to everyone about a week ago asking what their thoughts about the draft was. I got 1 reply. As of now, I am going to leave it until I hear a few more people say otherwise.

I hope everyone shows up on the draft though.

gotchaa.

however, i did not get a message. so my reply would be as follows,

"I would respectfully like to request a different date... sometime not on a Friday night.... like mayyyyyybe Sunday at 7 :D

gotchaa.

however, i did not get a message. so my reply would be as follows,

"I would respectfully like to request a different date... sometime not on a Friday night.... like mayyyyyybe Sunday at 7 :D

Yeah I think you joined after I sent it out. hahaha Alright Ill send another MASS message to everyone checking in again.

The link sent me to an error page but it's telling me i'm not allowed to use the PM system? so far this is a bit more tricky than i thought it'd be hah

Ah ok. Just post your email address here. No one is going to send you useless sh!t.

Edited by Quinn01

I would like to request the date changed to this Sunday.

Also since this seems to be a pain in the ass, I might just suggest this to be an auto-draft instead of live. Live draft usually only works with co-workers where you can just meet up after work or a group of friends you know personally. Kinda hard to do that when you have just people from the board and everyone has much different schedules for something that could take a couple of hours doing live.

I was just thinking about making it an autodraft. While its alot more fun and interesting to do it all together live many people arent even responding to my emails that I send out asking their opinions. I hope these people dont disappear and not actually play.

I may just end up doing that. Ill give it another 12 hours for a majority response otherwise Ill just switch it over to an autodraft.

Everyone will have to rank their players in order of who you want so itll draft the team you want.

I was just thinking about making it an autodraft. While its alot more fun and interesting to do it all together live many people arent even responding to my emails that I send out asking their opinions. I hope these people dont disappear and not actually play.

I may just end up doing that. Ill give it another 12 hours for a majority response otherwise Ill just switch it over to an autodraft.

Everyone will have to rank their players in order of who you want so itll draft the team you want.

In my opinion, auto-draft is weak. It takes away any of the strategy, especially in the late rounds.

In my opinion, auto-draft is weak. It takes away any of the strategy, especially in the late rounds.

That is good for boring sports like baseball where you find hidden gems in the later rounds. Of all my years doing fantasy sports, they are tougher to come by in hockey.

Plus this is just a game. Strategy? We are not even playing for money so it doesn't concern me. IDK about you but I have a life outside this forum and fantasy sports that take priority.

That is good for boring sports like baseball where you find hidden gems in the later rounds. Of all my years doing fantasy sports, they are tougher to come by in hockey.

Plus this is just a game. Strategy? We are not even playing for money so it doesn't concern me. IDK about you but I have a life outside this forum and fantasy sports that take priority.

Congrats on you and your awesome life. I was just saying between the 2, I prefer a live draft. Why that means I somehow don't have a life outside of this forum or fantasy sports is sort of confusing. Come down off your high horse any time now.

You both are making valid points. All in all I want to make this as smooth running and fun for everyone. It doesnt matter to me.

At this point I am leaning toward just having an autodraft. Majority of teams arent responding which leads me to believe that they are to busy to even respond to the emails so they will be busy to do the draft.

I will still mull it over and think about it but I am leaning towards having an autodraft.

Either way....simmer down. We will figure it out. :cheers: