White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are claimed off of waivers, does that relieve the Devils of any obligation to pay them?

This is clearly not a cap issue, but a hard dollars issue. Keep an eye on September 1, when the team has to write an $80 million check.

They don't get actually bought out until they clear waivers. Andrew Peters was bought out then Florida picked him up but the Devils still pay him. If they clear waivers THEN get bought out.... the Devils will pay them whether another team signs them or not.

If they are claimed off of waivers, does that relieve the Devils of any obligation to pay them?

yes. hunter won't be claimed, there's a slim chance white will be.

This is clearly not a cap issue, but a hard dollars issue. Keep an eye on September 1, when the team has to write an $80 million check.

hunter is not a cap issue but a 'i don't want to play this guy' issue. white, i don't know. if salvador is healthy why didn't they just buy him out instead? strange things are afoot at the circle K.

Very saddened to hear this about White. He was a whipping boy around here for a long time, but was a Devil through and through. Between practically playing with one eye, to being the vet on the blueline. Sad to see him go. On a personal note, still remember when he was only coming up around the same time I was getting hooked (19 now).

there's a slim chance white will be.

I could see White being claimed. Although he plays only a defensive game he is a veteran and doesn't let crap go on to his teammates. Even at 3M, maybe.

Also one of our only guys who stands up for his teammates and doesn't take sh!t is leaving...

I don't get the idea that Lou is dropping White supposedly to bring up younger talent. Salvador is, according to Lou, possibly going to be in the lineup and he's older than White and has potential long-term concussion related issues. If anything, Lou should buy out Salvador too if the goal is to get younger.

1. Langs

2. Arnott

3. Rolston

4. White

5. ______

Whos next on the whipping post?

I don't like gutting the veteran part of the team but the truth is all of these primes are gone. Last year of Langs, Arnott, Rolston, White, and Elias who put up a great season or atleast played up to their contract? Langenbrunner didn't seem like a leader, Arnott just didn't set in, Rolston was overpaid and didn't produce up to standards. White and Elias were the only positive players I saw out of that group. Arnott was OK and Rolston played better in the 2nd half.

1. Langs

2. Arnott

3. Rolston

4. White

5. ______

Whos next on the whipping post?

Well it depends on who's whipping post.

Mine was Langs, before that Madden ... Rolston and White I've never been thrilled with - and my expectations never met what people said they brought to the table even. Arnott redux never bugged me either way. He didn't do what I'd hoped but he never did to start with so :noclue: no big deal.

next up on mine: Salvadore. The man chokes chokes CHOKES in playoffs.... what the heck is he doing here?

so... if he actually never sees action... I'll have to decide :evil:

For THIS BOARD -- Next year will be one of the goalies... couldn't say who just yet :evil:

white makes no sense at this time unless something else is coming, but i can't imagine what that could be.

there's no reason that he needed to be jettisoned at this time. he was a good defenseman last year.

Lou better damn well have a trade up his sleeve for an upgrade, or this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, financially or otherwise.

Is Urbom a potential White replacement? Just curious on people's thoughts.. Lou and the staff seem to really like Urbom, and they did bring him up the last game of the season against Boston (he scored a goal too, although Boston was clearly saving themselves for the Cup Finals)

Sorry, but I'm going to agree with the "financial-woes" theorists on this issue. This saves the club $2.33 million in "cash" by paying the buyouts rather than the full salaries. The cap was not an issue if these guys stuck around, and Lou mentioned it was a "budget decision."

Now we have lingering cap hits for buyouts for the next four years ($1.66 mil of dead money in 12-13, another $667k in 13-14 and 14-15).

Ok and I've read Salvador about 5 times in this thread already. Salvador is not replacing White. No one knows if the guy can even fvcking play. So can we stop with that idiotic suggestion?

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Lamoriello said Salvador remains symptom free with no setbacks during summer training, but biggest test will be full contact in camp.

Tom Gulitti

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Lamoriello mentioned the team's young defensemen and possible return of Bryce Salvador.

Given that Lou keeps talking about him I think it's worth discussing.

if bryce salvador retires, 'retirement' will take care of his salary.

white is reaching that age where we would expect him to decline, and i think his days of getting top 4 ice time for this team were over, but still - i don't see how they couldn't find a trade for him where they'd get a guy making 1.5 to 2.5M and then buy him out.