White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrique had 25-goals, 25-assists for 50-points in 73-games. Does not show faceoff percentage but he had a good season last season in Albany and think he will do good in his rookie season this season.

No one doubts his abilities. He may make the team, but it won't be at the expense of Steckel.

No one doubts his abilities. He may make the team, but it won't be at the expense of Steckel.

Don't think so either but I was just saying I would rather have Henrique than Steckel. I still think Lou may get rid of Steckel or trade him back to maybe Washington. Who knows but I do hope Lou puts him on waivers or buys him out. Just do not like Steckel and from what I have seen him play the remaining of the Devils season last season. Henrique has the talent and is the future part or piece of this Devils team. Henrique is a goal scorer and he wins a lot of faceoffs.

I am wondering this too. I have a white Edge replica I got a few months ago that is blank but was hoping to put Larsson on it. I just do not want to ship it to EP to letter it before the number is official.

If he makes the roster, I plan on shipping my authentic red jersey for lettering. :cheers:

I think with White gone now the torch has been passed to Larsson with the #5.

Hey SD, what are your sources saying about these buyouts? What's coming next?

I like concrete-absolutes.

Just saying my opinion here IG. Opinons are like a$$holes. Everyone has one. No concrete-absolutes at all.

Edited by SatansDevils

I know that these are your opinions - but where are the sources you've referred to in the past re: Devils news? Haven't they chimed in yet?

Maybe they have and maybe they have not. Like I am going to say them here. Really don't care what anyone thinks so I am not going to even bother to mention names because I am not like that to say who they are. If I did say then the calls and texts would stop so why would I do that? So believe what you want I really don't care. It's a waste of time to even say here who and what they are because of the way this board has been for years and nothing has really changed. So move on.

I am wondering this too. I have a white Edge replica I got a few months ago that is blank but was hoping to put Larsson on it. I just do not want to ship it to EP to letter it before the number is official.

You can ship it to them and ask them to hold it until Larsson is assigned a number.. That way you will get it back ASAP (they take a while)

Another thing thats bothering me is the fact that White has been with us his whole career, has given alot, has played despite his horrific eye injury, and Lou buys him out with one year left on his deal? I know its a business, but its just not very classy.

I'm surprised that no one has put the DeBoer/FLA + JBOU connection together yet with this move.

Hmmm.....

That's because people don't think we're even going to take on any salary at this point, let alone a salary that big. Not after an offseason where we didn't give Parise a long-term deal, gave away White and Rolston and have to deal with a dead cap hit for Hunter the next four seasons because we couldn't stick his salary in the minors.

The PDB connection I'm more concerned with is the one with Fraser, this does clear some of the competition for him to win a spot in the starting lineup :P

Another thing thats bothering me is the fact that White has been with us his whole career, has given alot, has played despite his horrific eye injury, and Lou buys him out with one year left on his deal? I know its a business, but its just not very classy.

Well White's getting $2 million from the Devils and odds are he'll make up most of the difference wherever he signs, so it's not like we're really screwing him. Especially since he was told the deal before the season ended.

Yeah it's too bad his Devil career ended this way, but it's become a bit more common in recent years as people from the old guard (Madden, Brylin, Langs, Pando) start to either get old or grumpy :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

So you're holding out? Not cool.

eh, time to throw a random thought out there for my own entertainment just 'cause it'll blow someone's mind. Devils will trade Salvador and Clarkson to the Canadiens for one reason and one reason alone: the return of Scott Gomez.

You're welcome. :e-drama:

Edited by insanity_gallops

People complain about the loyalty Lou has shown to players in the past with those 'reward' contracts, and people complain about when he doesn't reward them.

I'm not targeting you specifically, but Lou just can't win in these types of situations

People complain about the loyalty Lou has shown to players in the past with those 'reward' contracts, and people complain about when he doesn't reward them.

I'm not targeting you specifically, but Lou just can't win in these types of situations

Bingo. Reward them and it's overpaying, toe the line and it's reported Lou lowballed 'em.

eh, time to throw a random thought out there for my own entertainment just 'cause it'll blow someone's mind. Devils will trade Salvador and Clarkson to the Canadiens for one reason and one reason alone: the return of Scott Gomez.

mindblownp1.gif

Edited by Devilsfan118

And Lou knows it, which is why he keeps his business to himself and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.. And it works

So you're holding out? Not cool.

You're welcome. :e-drama:

That mayhave been an option if Rolston still had to be dealt with. I can't help but think Gomez would be a really good center for Kovy.

Maybe White wants to retire and Lou was nice enough to buy him out since he spent he career with us? He only has one year left on his contract, so his hit will be 1 million for the next two if I read things correctly.

Dunno about Hunter but oh well, he will be getting 667,000 a year over the next 4 years.

Both will be UFA, I just hope White doesn't play against us, and stays with us in some form or the other.

Well, late to the party due to a full day at work, but I'll miss Colin and was pretty surprised to read about it. We share a last name and more than that I lost an eye to cancer as a two year old myself, so I'm very familiar with that particular disadvantage.

I hope whatever happens going forward he and his family prosper and all that happy stuff.