White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the devils didn't have the assets to get burns. san jose gave up more.

This is true. Oh well I guess

Lou should resign White for league minimum.

And lose another pick for cap circumvention?!?! :giggle:

Edited by Devilsfan118

Well...certainly no more cap space problems.

Is this team really that..um...scary/imposing though?

(We should've acquired Burns...that's just my opinion though. And let Greene go)

This. Nothing against the Greenie monster, but we need to free space (roster and cap) to get the kids in and give us flexibility for the guys who are going to be UFA, so why keep him? Is he really worth more than White? Especially since we're essentially paying him an extra million when you factor in what we're paying White when we buy him out?

This. Nothing against the Greenie monster, but we need to free space (roster and cap) to get the kids in and give us flexibility for the guys who are going to be UFA, so why keep him? Is he really worth more than White?

He might be worth about the same as White next year - although White has only managed 80 games twice, whereas I think Greene has never been injured since coming into the NHL, so that probably tips the scales in favor of Greene. He's certainly worth more than White going forward - White probably has 2 years left as a full-time NHL defenseman, maybe less if he suffers a serious injury this season.

Especially since we're essentially paying him an extra million when you factor in what we're paying White when we buy him out?

I don't think the Devils anticipated that they would have to buy White out.

Edited by Triumph

He might be worth about the same as White next year - although White has only managed 80 games twice, whereas I think Greene has never been injured since coming into the NHL, so that probably tips the scales in favor of Greene. He's certainly worth more than White going forward - White probably has 2 years left as a full-time NHL defenseman, maybe less if he suffers a serious injury this season.

That's fair, though I think White's value is slightly higher because he plays physical. If we add Larrson or Corrente, we're fine in that department. I feel less confident with Urbom or especially Tao.

I don't think the Devils anticipated that they would have to buy White out.

What changed this?

This. Nothing against the Greenie monster, but we need to free space (roster and cap) to get the kids in and give us flexibility for the guys who are going to be UFA, so why keep him? Is he really worth more than White? Especially since we're essentially paying him an extra million when you factor in what we're paying White when we buy him out?

sorry but.... to have burns they give setoguchi .... who can we give for burns??? nothing in my mind

I can't speak for Tri, but maybe he was implying that the Devils expected someone to claim White on waivers.

no, i think they expected there to be a trade market for white. but with someone like scott hannan still an unrestricted free agent, that market hasn't materialized.

no, i think they expected there to be a trade market for white. but with someone like scott hannan still an unrestricted free agent, that market hasn't materialized.

Sorry about that; my fault on misrepresenting your ideas.

Edit: I thought you were saying that you felt the Devils wouldn't have to buy White out even after putting him on waivers. My bad. :doh1:

Edited by devils26

Rooster White ... Sweet.

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man

Haha I re-read that and thought HOw'd I think THAT was the line? I had "that's big talk for a one-eyed fat man" :doh1:

In the Cohen Bros version - Maddy reminds me so much of my daughter looks wise!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

The bad moves just keep adding up. What a great trade for Rolston.

The Kovy signing continues to be the bad move that continues to snowball.

If I heard the things you "said" during the game at the arena I'd probably start and big argument an make you look like a little b!t@h

So anyway -- I was thinking what's weird about Manta's opinions this past year is how he'd tolerate the crappy performance of the post-lockout Devils.

YES - CRAP is not making it past the second round in the play offs - only making it out of the first ONCE. that sucks! Something had to be done. If you're going to suck SUCK dont be all half-assed number one during the stupid regular season. What's good about that? How can anyone even tolerate that? It' meaningless! <_< GRRRRRR!!! Why have such low WIMPY BALL-LESS standards??!?!?! I get all infuriated thinking about it even :rant: