White and Hunter bought out.

jagknife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New candidate for most useless post in thread:

now I'm starting to think about not having White scratchy voice around... :saddevil: but he didn't look like white to me anymore after his facial surgery. It was weird. It made him better looking though :noclue: Stuff like that distracts me though... Like Larry the Coach isn't even Larry the player -- they're two different guys to me. and now... what's up with the hair even... if the solid white is that bad to you, then get low lights dude!

had to help Colin226 out there -- :thumbsup:

I thought Luke Skywalker didn't look like Luke Skywalker after Mark Hamill got into that car accident.

I guess the question is, who becomes the new board whipping boy? Mottau is gone, White is gone - can Andy Greene really fill Colin White's role as new board-hated defenseman? Only time will tell.

He's had two give-aways since the news broke. But for Marty they were take-aways.

Wow, I really, really hope it's making room for an aquisition. The compensation for signing RFAs isn't always all that monstrous as long as the contract isn't something like 7 million. I just hope they don't go with a UFA - most guys are washed out and Rangers' sloppy seconds (McCabe? Drury? Come on...).

Otherwise, no reason to clear cap space so rapidly before this season if it's not about financial problems (but that's what Lou is hinting, unfortunately).

Reading TG's tweets, he said Lou mentioned the word "budgetary" a couple of times, so the ownership situation I guess has something to do with this.

Gee what a surprise. It is comical that we're only saving a couple million in real money if they both don't get claimed and bought out. But I guess there are only so many places we can pinch pennies.

Wow, I really, really hope it's making room for an aquisition. The compensation for signing RFAs isn't always all that monstrous as long as the contract isn't something like 7 million. I just hope they don't go with a UFA - most guys are washed out and Rangers' sloppy seconds (McCabe? Drury? Come on...).

Otherwise, no reason to clear cap space so rapidly before this season if it's not about financial problems (but that's what Lou is hinting, unfortunately).

However, the move doesn't make much sense when Salvador is set to play next season. If anyone should have, he should have been bought out. He's older, only 100,000 less than White, has long term concussion issues and doesn't have a NMC or NTC. Just doesn't make sense.

I guess the lesson is, with Lou NTC's mean nothing.

original post. http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62452&st=0

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:44 PM by Elias26

Time for a major youth movement in this team.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:46 PM by cubanjd305

Is good to dream, but there's no youth movement to be seen.

I posted the NTCs of this team in the Daniel's offseason thread. Whiner, Winky, One-eyed and company have NTCs

Edited by Elias26

However, the move doesn't make much sense when Salvador is set to play next season. If anyone should have, he should have been bought out. He's older, only 100,000 less than White, has long term concussion issues and doesn't have a NMC or NTC. Just doesn't make sense.

I agree. Guess we'll have to wait a few more days (weeks) to see what's really cooking.

What is this I don't even...sh!ts getting blown up!

Some good reasons for the buyout in this thread, but I mean...as was mentioned above:

1. Volchenkov - Greene

2. Tallinder - ??

3. ?? - ??

with the '??' representing unproven talent.

We've had this debate before on the boards, but I still don't think Tao is proven. Obviously Larsson is a rookie but will probably play in the bottom pairing. Fayne had a solid-ish second half last year, but is he a top 4? Salvador, off of not playing for an entire year? Fraser ( :argh: )?

I think logically...

Volchenkov-Greene

Tallinder-Salvador or Fayne

Taormina- ??

Lou & Friends have said the Devils have depth at Defense and RW. I think the depth at defense with all the POSSIBLE people that can be called on to perform. Training camp is going to be so interesting this year. Even Taormina is kind of a question mark, but I'm thinking that Lou might see a little bit of a young White in Fayne. Big and physical. Fayne plays a smart physical game from what I've seen from him. Fayne has played those minutes last year and seems like a logical backup if Salvador isn't able to play. I'd also like to point out that White has been a pretty decent tenured D-man here and should get respect from the fans on here considering the bad luck we've had with defensemen leaving us. We should be ready for a rocky season because we're going to be younger...unless some crazy deal comes through, but I doubt that. We're going to be younger and that's exciting.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Garth was interested in White last season. I could see him picked off waivers. Should know soon, Isles one of the first he has to clear through. No way he brings Hunter back. Injuries and slow feet. They picked up Marty Reasoner and now Rolston. There's vet leadership. If he did re-sign Hunter, it would be ultra shady and something to do with circumventing the cap.