Devils Army Road Trip RESERVE YOUR SPOT ASAP

Colin226

Hey guys.. Well the Devils Generals are happy to bring the fans (aka Devils Army, get used to it) something we are very excited about.. Space is limited (although we can possibly get more tickets) so be sure to reserve your tickets..

We also might have more exciting extras to add to this event, but I will keep you all updated on that..

I will post below the details from the Generals blog, but also check it out.. Here's the link: http://devilsarmyblog.com/2011/08/03/devils-army-road-trip/

wpid-New-Jersey-Devils-vs-New-York-Islanders.jpg

The 2011-2012 NHL Schedule is out and what better way to celebrate than to plan a road trip?

The Devils Army Generals would like to extend an invitation to the greatest fans in the NHL as we head out to Long Island to see our New Jersey Devils take on the New York Islanders at the Coliseum.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, March 10, 2012, game time 7pm. We have 50 tickets available on a first come, first serve basis (with the possibility of purchasing more if needed). The seats will be at the end of the arena where the Devils shoot twice. Tickets are $46 (including S&H). Transportation will not be provided for this event.

If you are interested in attending this game, please send an email to devilsroadtrips@gmail.com. Please include your name, address and telephone number, and the number of tickets you would like to purchase.

Any questions can be directed to this email address as well.

More details regarding this trip to come as the date draws nearer!

We’re looking forward to this match-up and to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

The Devils Generals

Edited by Colin226

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anyone else, but i'd love to have transportation provded (for an additional cost of course) and make it a true road trip and group outing. I used to go on bus trips to assorted pro games when i was younger and it was alot of fun. With all the bus/transportation providers in the Northern NJ area i am sure this can be done.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'd love to have transportation provded (for an additional cost of course) and make it a true road trip and group outing. I used to go on bus trips to assorted pro games when i was younger and it was alot of fun. With all the bus/transportation providers in the Northern NJ area i am sure this can be done.

This is what I was thinking. It's not really much of a "road trip" if everyone is traveling separately. I understand not everybody would want to travel on a bus or something, but it would be cool if that was at least an option.

Just to make things clear, since many people do not understand the Devils Army thing and the Generals.. We are trying to make a Devils fan club for younger fans.. Not to undermine the great work that the Devils Fan Club does, but they tend to be older fans and this deters younger fans from wanting to really be a part..

So by doing viewing parties (which there will be lots of, and all over the state) this season and road trips, we are hoping to build a fan community of younger fans.. The Devils have a large number of young fans (ones who grew up during the Cups years and are just now coming of age, if you will) and we want to provide a lot of exciting events for them

Feel the same way here. Was interested in this until I read the part that transportation was not going to be offered. Basically this is just a discounted ticket deal for the most part then and you will be sitting near Devils fans at the arena.

Yeah we would like to do it too, but from what I've heard it would cause some legal issues and would add to the cost of the trip.. If enough people think it's a make-or-break thing for them then I will make a case that we should get it done

We also are considering doing things like a group tailgate before the game for people in the group, but again, we need to judge the interest in this before we go making extra plans and commitments, so if you are interested please post.. If you are only interested if there is transportation provided (which you will have to pay for) then say that as well

Edited by Colin226

Yeah we would like to do it too, but from what I've heard it would cause some legal issues and would add to the cost of the trip.. If enough people think it's a make-or-break thing for them then I will make a case that we should get it done

We also are considering doing things like a group tailgate before the game for people in the group, but again, we need to judge the interest in this before we go making extra plans and commitments

If it is insurance/legal issues, then we can all just sign waivers/permission slips just like back in school.

Good idea. Maybe down the road we can do one for MSG

I mean this like a test run so if it becomes popular we could do Boston, Philly, Rangers, Capitals, Pittsburgh, and beyond.. Much like the Devils Fan Club, only more geared towards younger people.. Most of us should be in favor of that (sorry oldies)

Coliseum is virtually in my backyard so I'd be a part of this, hands down.

Would be pretty awesome if we could manage to get an even bigger group together. 50 people is nothing to sneeze at, but it'd be very possible to snag up an entire section or two in the Coliseum -- especially in the 300's.

As far as transportation, there is Marriott hotel in the Coliseum parking lot if anyone wanted to make a weekend of it.

yeah im down haha i think the Busses would be cooler idk just add more of an atmosphere to it i guess haha i'd make a case for it =D

Yeah enough people seem to want buses that we will be looking into it and hopefully I can get more details on it soon.. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on this as soon as I get an update

Yeah enough people seem to want buses that we will be looking into it and hopefully I can get more details on it soon.. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on this as soon as I get an update

thanks man either way ill still go i just thing the busses would make it more of an experience.

we did something like this in high school for my physics class to go to great adventures and my friend and i got left behind haha

luckily they came back. someone would need to be a bus leader and do a headcount

we did something like this in high school for my physics class to go to great adventures and my friend and i got left behind haha

luckily they came back. someone would need to be a bus leader and do a headcount

dangg haha hate to have that happen if this works out gabe you better come lmaoo your the only person i actually kinda know from the boards haha

The Generals would be bus leaders.. Hopefully everyone else would be intoxicated and rowdy :cheers:

I proposed that we leave from the Prudential Center parking lot.. It's a Saturday evening so the lot next to the practice rink will be empty for everyone to park in, and in general it would be good to set off from our home arena

The Generals would be bus leaders.. Hopefully everyone else would be intoxicated and rowdy :cheers:

I proposed that we leave from the Prudential Center parking lot.. It's a Saturday evening so the lot next to the practice rink will be empty for everyone to park in, and in general it would be good to set off from our home arena

yeahh i def agree with that once again sets atmosphere lmao