Islanders New Third Jersey?

Quinn01

Have to disagree Zerogravity, The Islanders have one of the better logos in all the NHL.

Not liking that alt too much. Looks like a bootleg jersey you would buy in Walmart. I would rather they went to the "Orange Crush" Third Alt.

Mike

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a fan. Pretty much includes every recent trend with jerseys that I find ugly...black for black's sake, the mismatched nameplate color, arched lettering on the front. All it needed was a fauxback circular logo with "Islanders Hockey Club" and light blue to include them all.

there is zero originality in the logo, it's been terrible all its life, classic or not.

What kind of originality would you like to see? What suggestions you have?

We have basically the letter N and J over each other with a tail at the end of the J and horns at the top. This is superimposed over a white circle. Not a ton of originality and it was a pretty obvious design but I still think it is a fanastic one and proof you do not need to have something wild or out there.

Look at how all the other jerseys have done with "originality":

Islanders Fish Sticks Jersey

Mighty Ducks WildWing 3rd jersey

St. Louis Blues mid-90's never-worn 3rd trumpet jersey (thank you Keenan for sparing us)

Dallas Stars Uterus jersey

your argument is filled with holes, you are telling me that there are plenty of other teams which have terrible logos. also, i don't need to have any suggestions, i am commenting on the existing idea, not taking part in the creative process, but if i did, i think i could easily come up with something better; this might be a fun site competition actually, alternate logo competition with poll.

anyway devils logo is elegant, there is thought that goes into a stylized letters that incorporates the name, that's pure classic. redwings, blackhawks, etc. all have very elegant designs. islanders and old jets for that matter throw on the namesake and the name of their location and got it done in under 5 minutes. at least that's how they look.

btw, a little work on the fish sticks idea would yield something pretty cool i think.

there is zero originality in the logo, it's been terrible all its life, classic or not.

The logo incorporates Long Island, NY and a subtle nod to the 4 Cups the 4 bands around the hockey stick shaft (the previous logo only had 3, 4 was the subtle upgrade). I think for a team called the "New York Islanders" it's imagery is pretty solid. ( FWIW...What kind of logo can you make out of an Island anyway? A person of some sort, since a person from Long Island is an Islander? Oh wait...they did that and it sucked).

The Devils logo has been criticized itself to a cow sitting on a fence since 1982, but it's becoming a modern classic in and of itself because of it's image incorporation of team nicname and state. Would you rather have a fire breathing Devil or something gimmicky?

The Fish sticks era jerseys were terrible, even with the traditional NYI logo on them. The teal trim was a poor effort to capitalize on the Sharks, Marlins, Hornets early to mid-90's merchandising success using teal. The lighthouse secondary logo was not a bad effort could have been something there, though.

Edited by SJP20

your argument is filled with holes, you are telling me that there are plenty of other teams which have terrible logos. also, i don't need to have any suggestions, i am commenting on the existing idea, not taking part in the creative process, but if i did, i think i could easily come up with something better; this might be a fun site competition actually, alternate logo competition with poll.

anyway devils logo is elegant, there is thought that goes into a stylized letters that incorporates the name, that's pure classic. redwings, blackhawks, etc. all have very elegant designs. islanders and old jets for that matter throw on the namesake and the name of their location and got it done in under 5 minutes. at least that's how they look.

btw, a little work on the fish sticks idea would yield something pretty cool i think.

you lost me at saying that the fishsticks jersey just needed a little work.

I love the Devils logo and is def amongst the better designs in the NHL. But do you really think it is because it is that classic or because a lot of the newer jerseys just suck? I think a little bit of both as it now has the history and just about every other team that has come in after them have jerseys that look terrible.

Also there is a trend now in the NHL to go back to the older style designs and logos. In the past few years Buffalo, Vancouver, Islanders, Capitals, and even the Kings to a certain extent are going back to a more classic look. There is a reason for this and that is because people do not want gimmicks and other silly designs that first started with SJ and just want something simple and clean.

Edited by DevsMan84

you lost me at saying that the fishsticks jersey just needed a little work.

I love the Devils logo and is def amongst the better designs in the NHL. But do you really think it is because it is that classic or because a lot of the newer jerseys just suck? I think a little bit of both as it now has the history and just about every other team that has come in after them have jerseys that look terrible.

Also there is a trend now in the NHL to go back to the older style designs and logos. In the past few years Buffalo, Vancouver, Islanders, Capitals, and even the Kings to a certain extent are going back to a more classic look. There is a reason for this and that is because people do not want gimmicks and other silly designs that first started with SJ and just want something simple and clean.

fish stick is bad, but could be redrawn based on a fisherman idea sort of like how the cheesy sharks logo got badass.

Devils logo is one of the minimal logos that will always be great like detroit, habs, boston etc.

Let's go Mets!

This. The Flyers have it and it annoys the hell out of me. Why make it a different color than the sweater?

The Flyers white nameplates on the orange jerseys are a throwback to the "Game of The Week" telecasts in the 1970's. NBC wanted the team jerseys to have a nameplate so people would know the players. The Flyers just put the nameplates from their white jerseys onto the orange ones.

The Flyers white nameplates on the orange jerseys are a throwback to the "Game of The Week" telecasts in the 1970's. NBC wanted the team jerseys to have a nameplate so people would know the players. The Flyers just put the nameplates from their white jerseys onto the orange ones.

That's actually pretty neat, thanks for cluing me in on that.

I don't like it for a lot of the reasons already listed.

But at least it doesn't have numbers (like Dallas) or a logo (like Vancouver) under the text to clutter up the front of the jersey. But I really dislike this lettering-on-the-front trend. If you're gonna do that, go diagonal like the Rangers and old Penguins sweaters. But, then again, the Isles wouldn't exactly want to look like the Rangers ...

What is with blue and orange teams needing to add black to their uniforms? I hate the black on the Mets and think this looks terrible as well. The Mets look best in their home pinstripes w/out the black and the Islanders look good in their current uniforms. Why do something like this?

Agreed. I am a die hard Yankees fan, but I can admit that the Mets should just wear their pinstripe unis and ditch the ugly black jerseys as well as their all white unis. If they have to have a thrid jersey, why not that blue and orange bp jersey?

Mike

By Brooklyn you me Queens right? because thats Mets colors not Nets

No, it was in reference to the Barclay's Center arena opening in Brooklyn in 2012 where, conceivably, the Islanders could move when their lease with Nassau Vetrans is over.

No, it was in reference to the Barclay's Center arena opening in Brooklyn in 2012 where, conceivably, the Islanders could move when their lease with Nassau Vetrans is over.

Hey Jim, did you see the pictures from the Devils Dancers auditions are up now on the site?

A couple of cuties but the rest well......