Soccer style NHL Jerseys

jagknife

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In soccer, usually the club name is on the upper left chest and usually signified with a small seal while the center of the chest/stomach area is usually reserved for the clubs largest sponsor.

I like the devils white but hate the red because of that stupid sash look. Team USA had it on their blues in the last world cup and it looks dumb.

Washington and Pittsburgh blue looks good. The rags are actually decent too.

Meh, maybe if I worked for Prudential I would think about it.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but soccer "jerseys" are horrible, and don't even look like jerseys. It makes no sense to dwarf the team crest so that a corporate sponsor can take the center stage. It's unappealing and makes it difficult to figure out which team is which unless you're up close. And isn't the whole point of a jersey to clearly separate each team with a unique crest and color scheme? In soccer, all jerseys look the same - like ugly billboards.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but soccer "jerseys" are horrible, and don't even look like jerseys. It makes no sense to dwarf the team crest so that a corporate sponsor can take the center stage. It's unappealing and makes it difficult to figure out which team is which unless you're up close. And isn't the whole point of a jersey to clearly separate each team with a unique crest and color scheme? In soccer, all jerseys look the same - like ugly billboards.

Completely disagree. In Soccer the the jersey don't look all the same. Anyone who watches Soccer can tell you which team is which team by looking at his TV (no close ups)

Soccer jerseys also got the renewing upside where the company who makes the kit have to come up with a new one every year. I agree that it sometimes make the fans hate a jersey for a year when they come up with something ugly , but it usually makes the sponsors come up with some new details that make you want to buy a new jersey every year.

I'm not saying Soccer jerseys are better than Hockey jerseys, but I think it would be completely unfair to say that they are ugly.

Soccer jerseys also got the renewing upside where the company who makes the kit have to come up with a new one every year. I agree that it sometimes make the fans hate a jersey for a year when they come up with something ugly , but it usually makes the sponsors come up with some new details that make you want to buy a new jersey every year.

I think that would bother me almost as much as a corporate sponsor being more important than the team's logo on its own jersey.

I think that would bother me almost as much as a corporate sponsor being more important than the team's logo on its own jersey.

I think its not bad since they usually keep the main colors and design of the jerseys and add some little details to it. Nothing that drastically change the look of the jersey.

I think its not bad since they usually keep the main colors and design of the jerseys and add some little details to it. Nothing that drastically change the look of the jersey.

Still, I would hate if the jersey I bought a year ago is suddenly outdated, and I hate messing with the team's identity in any fashion, and slapping a bigass sponsor in the middle of the jersey and relegating the team logo to a smaller portion in a less noticeable spot is egregious in my opinion. Just to be fair, I don't want to just single out soccer, hockey is like this too outside North America.

I understand your point. Its a good one. I guess its a question of preferences and what type of jerseys you are used to. I personally watch Soccer as much as I watch hockey and I see upsides and downsides in each ones, but I perfectly understand where your coming from.

Haha most of those are pretty good.

I think in most cases the sponsor on the front is to large, and all the crests are a bit to high up the chest, but on the whole not bad.

I copuldn't actually bring myself to buy a Devils Shirt in that style because it looks like a Machester United Shirt.

I'd buy one as well. Sometimes still wish lou would reconsider a 3rd jersey. I remember lou commenting on this after Marty said (post game interview) that he wished they did the throwback stuff 5-6 times a year as opposed to just one day.(St. Patty's)Lou's comment was "a lot of good it did, we lost"