Buyin a Jersey

Onddeck

So I've waited till this time (to see what contract Parise gets) to buy a jersey. I reallllly want to get a Parise jersey, the guy is by far one of my favorite players.. obviously the question of what happens after this one year deal remains. I want to grab a jersey before the season, do I take a chance and buy a Parise?

Obviously you can't go that wrong with a Brodeur cuz the guys a legend, but with not many years left, is it that worth it?

I've also thought about Kovy and Elias.

Is the Parise risk worth taking? By the way, this would be the first jersey I've bought. If anyone could drop a word of advice that'd be sick

So I've waited till this time (to see what contract Parise gets) to buy a jersey. I reallllly want to get a Parise jersey, the guy is by far one of my favorite players.. obviously the question of what happens after this one year deal remains. I want to grab a jersey before the season, do I take a chance and buy a Parise?

Obviously you can't go that wrong with a Brodeur cuz the guys a legend, but with not many years left, is it that worth it?

I've also thought about Kovy and Elias.

Is the Parise risk worth taking? By the way, this would be the first jersey I've bought. If anyone could drop a word of advice that'd be sick

As long as you do not choose a phrase or weird number then do whatever name you want.

You must figure out which player (or blank?) jersey you want. You need to decide for yourself though I would get any of the one you listed without much thought. In fact I have purchased (though not always for myself) every player you listed.

Damn....I thought this was gonna be the monthly "real vs fake" jersey spat :P

Anyway, a friend once told me and she was right....you don't choose your favorite player....they choose you....just go with it, the hell with free agency!

First jersey, definitely go with the Devils' "hero" you grew up idolizing.. That way, you won't be disappointed because their career is already solidified in history.. Stevens is a good choice, and actually not that common at the arena.. Brodeur is by far the most common, but at least he still plays..

I got Marty and then Elias, because they still play but are definitely solid career Devils..

Edited by Colin226

First jersey, definitely go with the Devils' "hero" you grew up idolizing.. That way, you won't be disappointed because their career is already solidified in history.. Stevens is a good choice, and actually not that common at the arena.. Brodeur is by far the most common, but at least he still plays..

I got Marty and then Elias, because they still play but are definitely solid career Devils..

Good point but the fact that everyone and their mom has a Brodeur jersey is kinda a turnoff

I have a Elias, Scott Stevens and a throwback Marty with #29 (You should see the puzzled looks I get sometimes)

I'd go with a classic jersey like a Dano or really go nuts and get a Chico Resch. How about Sean Burke or Chris Terreri? Current roster players sometimes make me nervous because of the possibility of a trade.

I've got a Madden, which I wear to games and a Langenbrunner, which I don't. My next is either gonna be an Elias or a Dano. Only way I get Zach next is if I get his team USA jersey, which I would do regardless of his next deal (unless he goes to the Rags of Flyers). I want a Devils jersey next, especially since I don't have a current player now (not that Dano solves that problem, but he retired a Devil at least).

Edited by mouse

Anyway, a friend once told me and she was right....you don't choose your favorite player....they choose you....just go with it, the hell with free agency!

There is ALWAYS a moment of pause and reflection WHENEVER I agree with something Crash sez, but I gotta agree with him here.

Look Zach is awesome. You like the guys play (as you should). Will you like him if he goes bye-bye? That's really the only question here. If yes, get his jersey and wear it proudly for the time he served here. If he stays, you get to wear it proudly for the time he SERVES here! koolaid.gif AND you get to brag about how you got it before he signed the LTC knowing full well he'd be a Devil 4 life!!! koolaid.gifkoolaid.gif

i am the worse person to give advice on this topic because I had a customized mike sherrard jersey for the giants back in the day, a kevin boss jersey for the giants which i bought last year, and a customized alexander semak jersey back then haha

currently i only have kovy, parise, madden, and rafalski (which is my favorite)

i am the worse person to give advice on this topic because I had a customized mike sherrard jersey for the giants back in the day, a kevin boss jersey for the giants which i bought last year, and a customized alexander semak jersey back then haha

currently i only have kovy, parise, madden, and rafalski (which is my favorite)

haha interesting, you just reminded me that I havent had quite the success with jerseys either. I bought a Jeremy Shockey jersey right before the Giants got rid of him, and a Nenad Krstic jersey for the Nets literally weeks before he blew out his knee and left NJ

Completely agree.. Almost got a Volchenkov jersey after we signed him last year.. Would have regretted that decision last season lol.. He's good but the hype was a little much last offseason

I have a Brodeur Rebook jersey. I am in the process of customizing a throwback with Brodeur's #29. I would like to eventually grab a Stevens, Dano and possibly a Lemieux jersey as well.

Mike

You can't go wrong with a Richer #44! :) That's my go to jersey if I'm skating at the Flyers headquarters in Voorhees, but an Elias is great jersey too. Anyone on the '95 team would rock - get a Peluso or a McKay and make some new friends at the next game you go to :) Besides those two I've got Madden, Stevens, Daneyko, and Kovalchuk. I'd love to get a Lemieux as well, and maybe another old guy like Albelin.