Devils 30-In-30

Zubie#8

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=586085&navid=DL|NHL|home

Really good write up by Mike Morreale on the current state of the Devils.

Always nice to see Devils on the homepage of nhl.com even if they are doing this with every team B )

Adam Henrique, C/W -- The Devils' third-round pick (No. 82) in 2008 almost made the team out of training camp last season and will have every opportunity to earn a roster spot this year. Henrique, who was drafted as a center, will likely begin his NHL career at left wing -- the position he spent the majority of his playing time during Devils rookie camp last month.

"I'm going to (training camp) focused," Henrique said. "My goal is to make the team whether there is a spot or not. I'm going to try to do my best to make the coach's decision to send me down as hard as possible."

I really hope Henrique cracks the lineup so we can see what he can bring to the table.

Edited by Zubie#8

EJ picked us to miss the playoffs after complimenting Lou's moves to sign Zach and free up some cap space. We all know he's a little bit of a NJD hater, so I don't take too much offense but I'll be the first one to send him a nice email if we win the Atlantic.

I am so ready for October.

Not a bad write up, though I have some issues. Why would Clarkson be on the top line over Zubrus? Also, much as I'd like to see Henrique succeed, I don't see him cracking the line-up as a LW. We have a lot of wingers, and short of burying Clarkson on the 4th line (which I could live with) or getting rid of NaPalm (which probably won't help, since he's a RW and there's no evidence that Henrique can play on the right side), he's not better than the guys we have, unless it's somehow better for his development to play 4th line minutes in the NHL rather than spending more time in Albany.

Jason didn't Henrique go down on the opening day of the season?

I believe what happened was that he was cut a couple of games into the preseason, and then was called up for a day or so at the beginning of the regular season, but never played a game. Had something to do with cap juggling if I recall correctly.

Edited by Daniel

EJ picked us to miss the playoffs after complimenting Lou's moves to sign Zach and free up some cap space. We all know he's a little bit of a NJD hater, so I don't take too much offense but I'll be the first one to send him a nice email if we win the Atlantic.

I am so ready for October.

took the words wright out of my mouth. EJ is a little over-rated in my opinion

Plus, i'm starting to get "Larrson Fever", i'm more desperate for hockey now then i was before this. i just want the pre-season to start already, come on September. :boogie:

Plus, i'm starting to get "Larrson Fever", i'm more desperate for hockey now then i was before this. i just want the pre-season to start already, come on September. :boogie:

+1 and Urbom interests me as well. He was too young the first call up, looked better the second, and I'd like to see him break in and stick. If Sal's healthy, I'm fine waiting a year for him (or Larrson), but I would have no problem with both in the lineup.

Great write up. I cant wait for hockey to start back up. I feel like a lost puppy without it. :unsure:

Same here...the only thing keeping me going in NHL 11 right now...its awful. NHL 12 will be here soon though so that will get me really excited for the season. Training camp cant get here fast enough...this season is going to be awesome.

Edited by RizzMB30

Same here...the only thing keeping me going in NHL 11 right now...its awful. NHL 12 will be here soon though so that will get me really excited for the season. Training camp cant get here fast enough...this season is going to be awesome.

Same here. New video game really gets me hyped up for the season :lol:

...is it October September 13th yet?

printed the article for the train ride home

Mike

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

"Adam (Larsson) has unique abilities that are evolving. I don't want to call him a neophyte, but they are evolving, and that's where coaching comes in … to maximize those abilities. He's got the size and skill, but until they manifest themselves, answering whether or not he'll play with the team this year is an unanswerable question."

Translate into he will be playing in Albany this year, which is AOK by me

"Adam (Larsson) has unique abilities that are evolving. I don't want to call him a neophyte, but they are evolving, and that's where coaching comes in … to maximize those abilities. He's got the size and skill, but until they manifest themselves, answering whether or not he'll play with the team this year is an unanswerable question."

Translate into he will be playing in Albany this year, which is AOK by me

Who said that quote?

IDK I have a feeling he will crack the lineup this year and will at least start the year on the team.

As do I. I am hoping he will get more then 10. I haven't seen him enough to say whether or not he will get a full season in.

Give him the pre season games to play and get used to the speed and pace of the NHL compared to SEL and take it from there.

Edited by Quinn01

I completely agree with the number 1 question we have being the status of our new coach. We saw what happened last year early on, and I would hate to see a new coach come in and disturb the motivation we gained at the end of last year. As the article states, DeBoer has to try and not alter the Devils game too much.

I would like to see us grab some more help defensively with the cap room we've generated. But with all this being said, we all know we have a lot of talent right now. A lot of questions, and a lot of potential

IDK I have a feeling he will crack the lineup this year and will at least start the year on the team.

It won't surprise me if he plays the whole season in the NHL either. The only scenario that would surprise me is him not playing 10 NHL games and having his ELC slide a season.