What was your first jersey?

Quinn01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was a white Islanders Bossy jersey, maybe '80 or so. I used to wear it onstage in my punk band until it got really ratty. An old girlfriend fell in love with it so it's long gone now LOL

First jersey was a white red & green blank CCM replica.

First non-Devils jersey was a blank black Los Angeles Kings (Gretzky-era) jersey.

First jersey that I lettered was a replica home white red & black (1st year) which I lettered "STEVENS" with the "C" and the Stanley Cup 100th year annaversary patch.

First pro weight jersey was an away red and black that I lettered "BRODEUR" during his rookie year.

med_gallery_592_67_51175.jpg

The Red/Green one my daughter is wearing in this picture.. I got it from the pro shop at Ice World in 1984. I wanted desperately to get it customized with Chico's name/number, but mom didn't go for it :)

Edited by Exit56

Blank white Starter Devils jersey. Every year, me and the one kid my age on the street would trick or treat once wearing costumes with masks, then we'd go a second time, me in the Devils jersey and him in his Rangers jersey. We'd poll the neighborhood on which team they liked. We got a pretty even mix of Devils, Rangers, and "Who cares about hockey, take your candy and get outta here kid". After getting a red Stevens sweater, the blank Starter became the loaner I'd give to any jersey-less friends I was going to a game with.

First sports jersey I ever got was a black Steelers #26 Rod Woodson jersey on Christmas from my parents. Later that day, I got another one from my grandparents. While they were embarassed at their lack of gift communication, I was in heaven. I could wear a Woodson jersey to school two days a week without wearing dirty laundry. And you bet your ass I did just that. Stupid kids at school didn't notice one was a Starter and the other was an Apex, so they made fun of me regardless. I didn't care, though. Ah, youth.

Just found an old jersey at my parents that both my brother and I wore. It is a 1990 west Germany world cup replica jersey. It is a men's xxl and when I wore it after my bro in the mid 90s it was a tarp on me then and I just tried it on the other day and it is a little tight now.

I also have 94 Germany and USA blue world cup jerseys too someplace but cannot find them

i had a white marty jersey from when it was our home color i love that jersey . had it my whole life and i wont get rid of it no matter how small it is haha mabye give it to my kid lol we'll see

1st jersey ever was Patrick Ewing when my family went to the basketball HOF. I may be the only hockey fan on the planet who likes basketball, but I fvcking loved those Knicks teams, and it still crushes me that Patrick never won a title.

First hockey jersey was a blank red one, I think CCM, but I could be wrong -- I was a kid.

First real hockey was Madden home red with the a. I spilled birch beer on it the first or second time I wore it to the rock, and there's a light red stain, which drives me crazy, but I guess it's personality...

I also have a Langs away jersey. During the '09 and '10 playoffs I wore the Madden to work if we were home, the Langs if we were away. I need to get a new road jersey so I can do that again. I'll still proudly rock the Madden, but at this point I'm too pissed at Langs, though I did make one of my students whose a Rags fan skate 5 laps wearing it at a school fundraiser after we beat them in February. Thank god we won that game or I was wearing one of his jerseys in class.

First Devils jersey was those red practice CCM jerseys in the 90's. Loved it, but so did my ex wife and she took it. First Jersey with a name is the Broduer Rebook I wear now.

First Sports jersey was my Nettles Yankees jersey. I also had a Ken O'Brien old school Jets green jersey as a kid, with the screen print lettering. I still have my Ewing Knicks Champion jersey.

Mike

You know it. Ill have the Chico Eats theme song playing on my blackberry

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts. Its pretty funny.

Really interesting to read what everyones first jerseys were and how much of an impact a simple thing of fabric had on your childhoods.

It seems to have effected all of us in the same way.

Edited by Quinn01

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts. Its pretty funny.

Really interesting to read what everyones first jerseys were and how much of an impact a simple thing of fabric had on your childhoods.

It seems to have effected all of us in the same way.

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts as well- the white one they were selling back in 2008. It has all of the eateries at the Rock listed on the back. Love that shirt! :P