Single Game Pricing

njdevil26

The team actually had only 3 fewer sellouts than the season before (when Kovy came and we took the division) and now over 1,700 new STHs.. I'm guessing that if we play well this season, we will see a great year attendance wise

As for you, find a STH to buy you brown section seats to the 30th Anniversary games.. They're only $11 (if a STH buys them for you)

Can any STH buy tickets at that price no matter where their season tix are? My Father is a STH, but he's got them in section 5, so would he still be able to buy those tix at $11? If so, then I'm a happy guy, lol.

@steriodesign- I really like the seats that are in corners in the lower bowl. Sections 5&6 , as well as sections 21&22 are in the corners that are on this side the Devils attack twice, so those are preferable imo. It's best to be at least 10-12 rows back so you can see over the glass alright and have a better view of the whole rink.

Edited by ATLL765

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its a business, and they'll always cater to the people who drop the big bucks to be locked in for the season, or companies who have a box on permanent reserve, but the major sports have to realize most of the STH sell off almost half their tickets to individual game attendees and the boxes are hardly ever used, especially for people who actually give a sh!t about the game going on and are just there for the luxury as a business tool. The success of the team is around the fanbase that can only attend a handful of games a season. I'd love to be one of those who can afford season tickets and actually attend all 41 games(and playoffs) but it just ain't possible. The heart of the Devils Army are those fans, not the STHs, the ones who watch from home when they can't go in person, and the ones who make it out when they can. The ones who bring their kids in to games, and the ones who support the team no matter what kind of season it is.....THOSE are the people who should be catered to, THOSE are the ones who should be in drawings on Fan Appreciation Day - not the guy who has season tickets, or the guy who signed up for a Visa card in the concourse, or whatever. THOSE are the people who should be able to get in on those "meet the team" events, watch the practices when it's open to people to watch, and the ones who should have their a$$es kissed a little. WE BLEED RED AND BLACK and would just like a little recognition for our dedication!:koolaid:

Im a STH and a die hard. Don't question loyalty because you assume STHs are rich and you're mad. I don't have money, this is the one thing I decided to spend some money on. It's BECAUSE of my loyalty that I decided it was worth it.

Edited by Blown01NJ

Yeah, its a business, and they'll always cater to the people who drop the big bucks to be locked in for the season, or companies who have a box on permanent reserve, but the major sports have to realize most of the STH sell off almost half their tickets to individual game attendees and the boxes are hardly ever used, especially for people who actually give a sh!t about the game going on and are just there for the luxury as a business tool. The success of the team is around the fanbase that can only attend a handful of games a season. I'd love to be one of those who can afford season tickets and actually attend all 41 games(and playoffs) but it just ain't possible. The heart of the Devils Army are those fans, not the STHs, the ones who watch from home when they can't go in person, and the ones who make it out when they can. The ones who bring their kids in to games, and the ones who support the team no matter what kind of season it is.....THOSE are the people who should be catered to, THOSE are the ones who should be in drawings on Fan Appreciation Day - not the guy who has season tickets, or the guy who signed up for a Visa card in the concourse, or whatever. THOSE are the people who should be able to get in on those "meet the team" events, watch the practices when it's open to people to watch, and the ones who should have their a$$es kissed a little. WE BLEED RED AND BLACK and would just like a little recognition for our dedication!:koolaid:

Thing is it is hard for the Devils to recognize those who go on a game to game basis as they look into their databases and see the STH are the ones who are putting the commitment to paying for the entire season. They can't assume what you are going to do with them after they sell the tickets to you and have no clue if you plan to sell more than half of your games to others. They reward those who they can actually see buying tickets on a full-time basis and those are the STH. The Devils do this as with pretty much every other professional sports team in the world.

They've been trying. Devil's Generals have done some stuff. I went to a Devils tweet up I found out about on here at Port 44 and won tickets. We don't have to be happy with everything, but despite some business decisions we don't like, they've certainly treated fans better since VBK took over.

Can any STH buy tickets at that price no matter where their season tix are? My Father is a STH, but he's got them in section 5, so would he still be able to buy those tix at $11? If so, then I'm a happy guy, lol.

@steriodesign- I really like the seats that are in corners in the lower bowl. Sections 5&6 , as well as sections 21&22 are in the corners that are on this side the Devils attack twice, so those are preferable imo. It's best to be at least 10-12 rows back so you can see over the glass alright and have a better view of the whole rink.

Yup any STH can buy them on September 6th at 10am

Edited by Colin226

I love the backwards logic that somehow a fan that goes to fewer games is more of a fan, or the generalization that all STH's are corporate and don't attend a majority of the games.

You make a lot of false assumptions about season ticket holders.. Sure there are the corporate holders in the clubs, but a huge majority of season ticket holders are extremely loyal fans who just can't make it to every game.. The team does a lot of things for non-STH, but in the end they are in the business of making money, so who are you going to reward - they person who gives you a lot of money for season tickets or the person who comes occasionally and watches on TV? Both fans are important to the team for sure, but you have to reward your higher paying customers

I love the backwards logic that somehow a fan that goes to fewer games is more of a fan, or the generalization that all STH's are corporate and don't attend a majority of the games.

Exactly :doh1:

So the fact that I don't have a lot of money, but work very hard to put some aside and purchase the cheapest season tickets available means I am somehow less of a fan than someone who watches games at home? I am somehow not the 'heart of the Devils Army', as you put it? I don't deserve to go to a 'meet the team' event, but you do because you're a huge fan?

I'm not getting the logic. Season ticket holders are fans. I didn't buy tickets for funsies. I bought them because I'm a fan.

Yeah, its a business, and they'll always cater to the people who drop the big bucks to be locked in for the season, or companies who have a box on permanent reserve, but the major sports have to realize most of the STH sell off almost half their tickets to individual game attendees and the boxes are hardly ever used, especially for people who actually give a sh!t about the game going on and are just there for the luxury as a business tool. The success of the team is around the fanbase that can only attend a handful of games a season.

Interesting. I'm not sure how to define who's being catered to. Would it be determined by a simple customer satisfaction survey? I've been very happy with the Devils, so guess that means that I (season ticket holder) have been well catered to. Have you had a lot gripes though?

I'd love to be one of those who can afford season tickets and actually attend all 41 games(and playoffs) but it just ain't possible. The heart of the Devils Army are those fans, not the STHs, the ones who watch from home when they can't go in person,

First off, season ticket holders don't watch games on tv? Are you serious? More to the point, how can you cater to a person who's watching on TV? They gave us Doc for the past decade, I think that's a service above and beyond for those of us watching on TV.

and the ones who make it out when they can. The ones who bring their kids in to games, and the ones who support the team no matter what kind of season it is.....THOSE are the people who should be catered to, THOSE are the ones who should be in drawings on Fan Appreciation Day - not the guy who has season tickets,

These have certainly been the subject of some debate. It feels like this has been done by a weighted lottery, with the more expensive seats getting better odds. On the other hand, I can't say that I remember hearing luxury suite ticket holders called. Since this is something for which we're all kept in the dark, I'm not sure what to think.

or the guy who signed up for a Visa card in the concourse, or whatever.

LOL, these events are paid for and run by the sponsoring companies. The Prudential Center is merely a vehicle of advertising, a captive audience if you will. Other than being an interruption to the game experience (as all advertising is), I see no issue here.

THOSE are the people who should be able to get in on those "meet the team" events, watch the practices when it's open to people to watch, and the ones who should have their a$$es kissed a little. WE BLEED RED AND BLACK and would just like a little recognition for our dedication!:koolaid:

Best part of your post. Something should be done. Any ideas though? It's difficult to make an event feel special if everyone's invited. Even if just the 30,000 (my estimate) or so distinct, single-game ticket buyers from the season get something, what could it be that is both financially feasible and special?

Those of us who bleed red and black care more than anybody else about seeing the team win. But unfortunately, the team needs that money from people who don't care very much if it's going to pay the bills to be a top, competitive team in the league (along with many other factors of course). Selling 30,000 $15 tickets isn't going to get it done, a tough reality, sure. I'm strongly in favor of the team promoting itself throughout all levels of the fan base. But the big money is extremely important. The biggest way we can all help without emptying our wallets is by watching on TV, so that the team's next deal will be big.

Im a STH and a die hard. Don't question loyalty because you assume STHs are rich and you're mad. I don't have money, this is the one thing I decided to spend some money on. It's BECAUSE of my loyalty that I decided it was worth it.

My season tickets probably exceed all of my other purchases that I would consider "luxuries" for the year (maybe not after I resell some). But I basically had Colin bargaining with the ticket rep before I was willing to take the plunge the first time. I'm super lucky to have as much money as I do, but I don't throw it around lightly, and Devils fandom is definitely very, very important to me.

hey guys, im planning on making the trip this year for a few games... i live 15 hrs away so i'd rather not make that never ending trip and then have a super sh!tty seat lol

what would you guys recommend? im willing to put serious money for a good seat... im just clueless what i should go for

It really depends what vantage point you like...do you want to have a good view of the net where we attack twice or the net where Marty defends twice? Is having a center ice view more your thing? If you want to sit really close, center ice would be better, but the clubs are the most expensive seats. You can get a really good view from the mezz though.

If youre interested in NOT paying as much...umm, yeah, shameless self-promotion over in the Marketplace :)

The way it works out for a STH, and it may have been discussed, is really not noticeable until it comes to placing extras on TicketExchange. The variable pricing allows a better price to be set on the non-premium games.

Teams like the Leafs, Rags, Habs that have the demand to pull this kind of strategy. Not the Devils who are trying to pull-in more fans. Adding to the increase is the fact that theyve also complicated the buying process more for the casual fan. If anything, this makes fans like me absolutely go to the secondary market 100% of the time now.

Also, no more $10, in this economy? Give me a break. The Devils act like they have the fanbase to do this...

You got it wrong. The teams with high demand, do not HAVE to do the tiered pricing. As a Rangers season ticket holder, I wish they would as I could then get more money for the more popular games I sell. For the Devils, the games against the Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, weekend games are going to sell even with more expensive tickets. Devils need to take advantage. Could also help the less popular games sell better. Make the thursday night in December against Calgary cheaper, and you might get some people who want to take advantage of the cheaper seats.

The trend now in sports is to give big discounts to season ticket holders. Those of you who can't commit to season ticket holders, do not buy from the box office or ticketdisaster, hit stubhub. You can get nice discounts. Friday night, I went to the Mets game, bought tickets on stubhub friday at 4:30pm. Got $130 club seats behind home plate for $45 each. My brother in law does it for Yankee games all the time. He'll get upper deck seats for less than $5 each on a regular basis.

Last year, I went to Dallas for Giants-Cowboys. Bought tickets on Stubhub for $80 each (plus fees). These same seats through ticketdisaster would have been $109 each plus fees. When I received the tickets, the face value was $65 each. The season ticket holder was able to make a few dollars on the seats, and I was able to save some money. Same thing happened for San Fran. Going for Giants-Niners this year. After fees, paid $173 for my pair of tickets. If I brought ticketdisaster, would have been $84 each plus fees, the face value is $59 each. Again, season ticket holder makes some money, and I save some money. On top of that, this year with the Niners, if you wanted to buy individual or group tickets to either the Giants, Cowboys, or Steelers games, you had to buy an equivalent number of tickets for one of the other 5 home games as well.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I ever read. They should cater to the people who watch at home rather than those who attend? They should cater to people who can only afford to go to a few games a year instead of those willing to pay upfront for 41 games?

This is nothing new to the NHL. I live near Washington, DC and tried to take my kids to a Devs/Caps game last season. For the first time ever, the Caps offered 4 different "types" of individual game tickets, all with different pricing, depending on the date and opponent. The cheapest ticket for the weekend game was around $90 and the cheapest ticket for the weekday game was around $50. And both of these were in the nose-bleed sections. This didn't stop fans from coming, though, as the team has sold out 106 consecutive home games.

On a side note, when I lived in Jersey in the late 90's, me and my buddies had a 16-game partial plan in the $20 seats. Attendance was suffering back then as it is now. After almost 30 years in Jersey, plus a new arena with greater access to public transportation, I can't see how the team finished 25th in the league with an average of 14,775 fans per game (for the 2010-11 season). I would understand this if the team didn't win any Cups or finished below .500 most seasons.

I consider myself a die-hard fan and try to make it to the Rock for a few games each year, but, in my opinion, with the increase in youth hockey in Jersey over the past decade or so, there's no excuse the Devils can't sell out every home game each year.

It doesn't have anything to do with the management of the team. It has everything to do with us, the fans.

So get out and support our team!

After almost 30 years in Jersey, plus a new arena with greater access to public transportation, I can't see how the team finished 25th in the league with an average of 14,775 fans per game (for the 2010-11 season). I would understand this if the team didn't win any Cups or finished below .500 most seasons.

You realize they sucked last year and were thisclose to becoming the worst team in hockey, right? And they haven't done anything great since 2003.

with the increase in youth hockey in Jersey over the past decade or so, there's no excuse the Devils can't sell out every home game each year.

So you expect sellouts in a fringe league during a winter weeknight against the Florida Panthers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators? Don't get me started on the west coast teams. This ain't the NFL. Youth hockey has nothing to do with attendance.

It doesn't have anything to do with the management of the team. It has everything to do with us, the fans.

It's both. Yeah some fans are spoiled and fickle and would rather go to a Rangers game than any other, but at the same time marketing(or lack thereof) is a huge problem. It will continue to be like that as long as Lou and his cronies are around with the "status-quo" crap and team-first attitude.

Edited by Marv4Life

This is nothing new to the NHL. I live near Washington, DC and tried to take my kids to a Devs/Caps game last season. For the first time ever, the Caps offered 4 different "types" of individual game tickets, all with different pricing, depending on the date and opponent. The cheapest ticket for the weekend game was around $90 and the cheapest ticket for the weekday game was around $50. And both of these were in the nose-bleed sections. This didn't stop fans from coming, though, as the team has sold out 106 consecutive home games.

On a side note, when I lived in Jersey in the late 90's, me and my buddies had a 16-game partial plan in the $20 seats. Attendance was suffering back then as it is now. After almost 30 years in Jersey, plus a new arena with greater access to public transportation, I can't see how the team finished 25th in the league with an average of 14,775 fans per game (for the 2010-11 season). I would understand this if the team didn't win any Cups or finished below .500 most seasons.

I consider myself a die-hard fan and try to make it to the Rock for a few games each year, but, in my opinion, with the increase in youth hockey in Jersey over the past decade or so, there's no excuse the Devils can't sell out every home game each year.

Capital tickets are ridiculous. They have two things going for them, 1) a band-wagon fan base 2) every other team in the market is awful.

Public transportation only does so much. The guy bringing his kids now has to pay multiple train fares rather than one parking fee. It would help bring in the 20-somethings who can then take the train and drink, however I have been to the arena a few times and haven't seen a spot where people can go for dinner and drinks before and after the game. Maybe I have just looked in the wrong place.

Edited by Matteau#32

Capital tickets are ridiculous. They have two things going for them, 1) a band-wagon fan base 2) every other team in the market is awful.

Public transportation only does so much. The guy bringing his kids now has to pay multiple train fares rather than one parking fee. It would help bring in the 20-somethings who can then take the train and drink, however I have been to the arena a few times and haven't seen a spot where people can go for dinner and drinks before and after the game. Maybe I have just looked in the wrong place.

There's about 40 places within 10 minutes walking places that one can eat or drink at, ranging from mediocre pizza places and rowdy bars to fine dining. Courtside Cafe, Arena Lounge, Port 44, Brick City B+G,

Theres a 14 page thread about eateries around the rock

Edited by DevilMinder

One bad season and the fans disappear?

It's happened before. Even in this market. You should know. Unless you're a masochist a bland, poor product isn't worth spending a ton of money for, sorry. And the Devs averaged much less in 2006 and 2007 than last year when they were in the 2nd round.

Public transportation only does so much. The guy bringing his kids now has to pay multiple train fares rather than one parking fee.

Kids(depending on age) ride free on weekends and have reduced fares any other time.But kids shouldn't be going to rivalry or playoff games anyway.

Edited by Marv4Life