NJDevs FHL Season #9 is underway!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it a risk? Vanek's a proven performer over a longer period and has more than twice Ryan's points. The only way it doesn't work out for you is if 'both' Ryan and Pietrangelo seriously pick it up.

Very True... And i wanted Vanek in the draft, just waited too long to take him....

I'm done trading unless i get blown away, ;ove my team right now, plus I'm betting that Bdub is only leading becuase he has played 80+ games more than me....

Eric Staal is an a$$hole. Benched him, 3 pts so far. a$$hole. Major a$$hole.

One of the few pluses of having a second division team with injury problems is that you don't play matchups as much, with fewer viable options to begin with lol. At least that's true up front...defensively the Enstrom and Liles injuries have turned my D into a daily hodgepodge.

One of the few pluses of having a second division team with injury problems is that you don't play matchups as much, with fewer viable options to begin with lol. At least that's true up front...defensively the Enstrom and Liles injuries have turned my D into a daily hodgepodge.

I don't play matchups... I benched him for Zajac. And this is how he repays me :)

Very True... And i wanted Vanek in the draft, just waited too long to take him....

I'm done trading unless i get blown away, I love my team right now, plus I'm betting that Bdub is only leading becuase he has played 80+ games more than me....

I think Bdub is really middle of the pack when you discount his GP's.

I really need to get my goals scored up and hits (where I'm only getting 5 pts)... there is some room to make up on the hits, but I don't think I'd be able to catch up to you (you have 120 more hits, 20 more GP)... and again, I don't value Bdub's lead at all in any of those categories since he has 93 more GP than me currently.

I think Bdub is really middle of the pack when you discount his GP's.

I really need to get my goals scored up and hits (where I'm only getting 5 pts)... there is some room to make up on the hits, but I don't think I'd be able to catch up to you (you have 120 more hits, 20 more GP)... and again, I don't value Bdub's lead at all in any of those categories since he has 93 more GP than me currently.

I have doe an embarrassing job in goals and pts. but ive put alot of focus elsewhere and its paid off so far, we will see how far it will take me....

• 2 weeks later...

I draft and pickup talent quite well... but have lost on my trades quite badly.

Zetterberg/Hossa ---> received Perry/Callahan - I really wanted Perry, but tossing in Hossa was a mistake

Elias/Fippula/Brodeur ---> Staal/Garon - I was trying to sell high, buy low... Elias has remained great this year, and Fippula is doing well too... Staal while better than he was when I got him, has not recovered to be his old self... and Brodeur, /shrug... I wouldn't be playing him anyways.

Henrique/Callahan --> Stastny ... I really wanted a center. Stastny was doing good, but an injury slowed him down. And yea, Henrique seems like the real deal... I got hosed and it was my own offer. My saving grace, it was a roster move to free up a healthy player off IR... but should have kept Henrique.

I draft and pickup talent quite well... but have lost on my trades quite badly.

Zetterberg/Hossa ---> received Perry/Callahan - I really wanted Perry, but tossing in Hossa was a mistake

Elias/Fippula/Brodeur ---> Staal/Garon - I was trying to sell high, buy low... Elias has remained great this year, and Fippula is doing well too... Staal while better than he was when I got him, has not recovered to be his old self... and Brodeur, /shrug... I wouldn't be playing him anyways.

Henrique/Callahan --> Stastny ... I really wanted a center. Stastny was doing good, but an injury slowed him down. And yea, Henrique seems like the real deal... I got hosed and it was my own offer. My saving grace, it was a roster move to free up a healthy player off IR... but should have kept Henrique.

Funny because i probably would have done the deal w/out Henrique!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm offering up Hiller for anyone that wants him now that he and the Ducks are on a crazy run to the playoffs. Don't want a goalie back but need defensive help in return since my D this side of Enstrom blows.

Too bad most of the teams that need goalies are the dead teams :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm offering up Hiller for anyone that wants him now that he and the Ducks are on a crazy run to the playoffs. Don't want a goalie back but need defensive help in return since my D this side of Enstrom blows.

Too bad most of the teams that need goalies are the dead teams :P

I have too many goalies too... I remember in years past not being able to find an even "I play once a month" backup.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread to prematurely congratulate aylbert on winning this year's league (don't think it's too soon to call it with a 30-point lead and a week left lol). He could win a league and cup double, like in the soccer leagues if he wins the other league's playoff too.

Enjoy your dominance while it lasts buddy, next year you'll have competition because there'll be no computer snafus on my end next draft...or the thing's getting trashed :P At least my consolation is being in the final of my 'other' league, so it wasn't a total waste this year despite my wasteland team here.

Enjoy your dominance while it lasts buddy, next year you'll have competition because there'll be no computer snafus on my end next draft...or the thing's getting trashed :P At least my consolation is being in the final of my 'other' league, so it wasn't a total waste this year despite my wasteland team here.

I still think you're hiding behind a snafu in the 5th round :) Other than that, nothing seems that far out of line. Also, some of my key starters were from you:

E Staal (who rebounded nicely in our trade--- but you also got 3 starters in Elias, Filppula and Brodeur).

Ennis - Who has been great since his return.

Jokinen - who's been sucking a bit in the stretch, but was great for me in the middle of the season

If I do win this season... Team MVP will either be Stamkos or Quick... I'm leaning toward Quick. But overall, besides Stamkos and Staal, my team seems to be well rounded players who get it done on the PP as well.

I'm just most happy to follow up last seasons 2nd place with a 1st this year. I sucked it up for a while, not paying attention to the faceoffs, hit/blocks, etc categories.

That whole picking Hiller over Brodeur off my phone thing wasn't even my main issue (especially since their numbers wound up being similar anyway), heck if I was on a computer after the first round I would have picked Thomas in the 2nd. It was just having almost the 'whole' draft being autopicked aside from Ovechkin until I finally got in later then was forced to pick guys like Liles and other scraps late. Hedberg as my last pick was probably my best one lol.

And no, preranking doesn't help in my mind - aside from weeding out injuries that haven't been accounted for in the Yahoo rankings - since you're drafting for value and trends as much as anything. Having a defenseman ranked above a center isn't going to help if you realize the center's better value at that point in the draft or if you've picked two defensemen already, and ranking different positions against each other is almost pointless anyway.

It was just a season where just about anything that could go wrong did for me, I was due one of them. Even players I was autodrafted and liked had poor years. I'm glad you won the league in spite of our trade though, I would have felt bad about you losing based off overpaying me Elias, Marty and Filpulla for Staal lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978