2011-12 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

Sunday 4/8

OHL Semifinals:

Plymouth defeated Kitchener 2-0 (Series tied 1-1)* Plymouth outshot Kitchener 45-26

Scott Wedgewood (G): 26 Save Shutout - 2nd Star

Its worth noting that Plymouth is going up against 18 year old, American goalie John Gibson who is a solid prospect for the Ducks (2/39 in 2011) and he was also a member of the USWJC team. This year he posted 2.75 GAA with a .928 SV% with a 21-10-0-0 record. He has a 1.99 GAA with a .953 SV% in the playoffs so far. Wedgewood through 8 playoff games has a 1.99 GAA with a .937 SV%.

With Nick Ebert taking a huge fall since last season, projected anywhere in between 3rd and 5th rounds, do we take a chance at him late? He is a Jersey kid and was highly touted last season. I think it would be a boom/bust pick like Merrill and Gelinas just slightly later and if he does pan out, we could have a studded blue line for years to come.

With Nick Ebert taking a huge fall since last season, projected anywhere in between 3rd and 5th rounds, do we take a chance at him late? He is a Jersey kid and was highly touted last season. I think it would be a boom/bust pick like Merrill and Gelinas just slightly later and if he does pan out, we could have a studded blue line for years to come.

His draft stock really has fallen off a cliff but perhaps the Devils would have interest in him in the later rounds. As you said he is a local kid, plus he is a right handed shooting defenseman, and is 6'1 185 lbs turning 18 next month.

Man, Wedgewood really cranks it up once playoffs hit, eh?

Wedgewood seems to embrace the pressure, whether its OHL play or international play. He's by far my favorite out of the Devils goaltending prospects. The series he is in now is going to be a helluva goaltending duel too, another solid test for him.

I know we operate a take the best player available regardless of on ice position policy, but this year we really need to add some forward depth.

The defence has considerable depth to it with some real quality, there is potentially a log jam ahead in the next few years. We have added some solid depth in net, although an additional pick wouldn't hurt.

But if you look at our forward depth, its thin, and with very little quallity.

I would rather use any picks we have on a potentially solid forward, than another boom or bust defenseman.

Hey Fiesty, hope you will reconsider not posting on the forum.

This thread is testament to what an awesome poster you are and what you bring to the forum.

Just my 2 pence dude, but this place will be a much worse place if you do stop posting.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hey Fiesty, hope you will reconsider not posting on the forum.

This thread is testament to what an awesome poster you are and what you bring to the forum.

Just my 2 pence dude, but this place will be a much worse place if you do stop posting.

Agreed 100%. Threads with this kind of information are why most people really come here, and it'd be a damn shame to lose one of the good posters who talks hockey.

Agreed 100%. Threads with this kind of information are why most people really come here, and it'd be a damn shame to lose one of the good posters who talks hockey.

what do you mean he's not posting anymore?!?!?! that is terrible news if true...your one of the main reasons i check this board so often

Feels dirty just doing this...

Sunday 4/15

OHL Semifinals:

Plymouth lost to Kitchener 4-2 (series tied 3-3)

Scott Wedgewood (G): 40 saves on 43 shots (3rd star)

Playoff Stats: 12 GP 7-5 2.16 GAA .935 SV%

Game 7 Tuesday night.

Feisty, come back and do this right!

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Thanks for the support everyone! After I had a chance to calm down and sleep on it, I decided the last thing I wanted to do was leave a board that's been a big part of my life for years and has had so many posters that have taught me various things over the years. Its hard for me to imagine how I ever followed the Devils and enjoyed it so much without this board, I really love this place. I was going through a bit of a rough patch yesterday and let the issue get under my skin too much. I certainly didn't want to go out like that and I apologize if it was a bit immature on my part. Maturing as a person is a constant evolution and while I've made a lot of progress over the years, I still have work to do and make mistakes from time to time. Whats in the past is in the past and its time to move on with my fellow Devils fans. :cheers: Once again, thanks to everyone for your support, I truly appreciate it!

Thanks for posting the update Devil Dan 56. I can't wait for Game 7 tomorrow night. Wedgewood excels in these pressured situations and he is facing a great goaltender in John Gibson for Kitchener. It should be a great game!

Thanks for the support everyone! After I had a chance to calm down and sleep on it, I decided the last thing I wanted to do was leave a board that's been a big part of my life for years and has had so many posters that have taught me various things over the years. Its hard for me to imagine how I ever followed the Devils and enjoyed it so much without this board, I really love this place. I was going through a bit of a rough patch yesterday and let the issue get under my skin too much. I certainly didn't want to go out like that and I apologize if it was a bit immature on my part. Maturing as a person is a constant evolution and while I've made a lot of progress over the years, I still have work to do and make mistakes from time to time. Whats in the past is in the past and its time to move on with my fellow Devils fans. :cheers: Once again, thanks to everyone for your support, I truly appreciate it!

Thanks for posting the update Devil Dan 56. I can't wait for Game 7 tomorrow night. Wedgewood excels in these pressured situations and he is facing a great goaltender in John Gibson for Kitchener. It should be a great game!

Glad to hear it - I really appreciate these updates, as well as the Albany updates.

:clap:

Pleased to hear it, everyone has days like that, i have had a few recently!

Hope everything picks up for you.

And keep up the good work.

Well, I wish I could come with a better update after our Devils lost but unfortunately prospect following season ended tonight for us. I do plan on updating the draft thread with info as we draw near that. Thanks for following along this year everyone, its been a blast! B )

Tuesday 4/17

OHL Semifinals:

Plymouth lost to Kitchener 6-3 (Lose Series 4-3)

Scott Wedgewood (G): 25 Saves on 30 Shots

Season: 43 GP 28-10-2-1 3.02 GAA .911 SV% 3 SO 2 A

Playoffs: 13 GP 7-6 2.38 GAA .928 SV% 2 SO

Gotta give John Gibson a ton of credit for stealing this series for his Kitchener team.

I also want to say, that I am a huge fan of Wedgewood's and I truly believe he could be the goalie of the future for the Devils. Keep in mind I'm not a scout or expert and that I have only seen a handful of his games but everything I've read on him makes me believe he can be the real deal.