Plane Crashes carrying Top HK Lokomotiv Team

jagknife

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from an aviation news site..."Russian news printed a witness report of the ATCO working the flight - he states that the airplane seemed to have power problems on ground already, accelerating very slowly and not leaving the ground until after the end of (3000m) runway, subsequently hitting a pole (possibly MM)."

This is from the NHL.com article... looks like 1980

NHL.com tends to either word things very wrong or their writers misunderstand what they are analyzing. It looks like that particular plane they were on was built in 1993 but the model of aircraft was first introduced in 1980 with production ending in 2002. Since 1980, there have been 7 crashes out of a total of 178 built.

This from an aviation news site..."Russian news printed a witness report of the ATCO working the flight - he states that the airplane seemed to have power problems on ground already, accelerating very slowly and not leaving the ground until after the end of (3000m) runway, subsequently hitting a pole (possibly MM)."

If that is the case, then maintenance records (if any) will be heavily examined.

not trying to be funny but with players dying directly on the bench with no medical staff around, teams dying in sh!tty airplanes maybe a little bit less players would choose to cross oversea for a little more $$$ than in the NHL.

Your forgetting that for most of the guys, if not all of them that Russia and Europe is home and not overseas. Vasy was playing for his home town team.

Also a lot of them had their time in the NHL and were making a living at the end of their career back where it started. There are very few Ray Emery's. I am sure that if the majorty of them were offered NHL contracts they would have taken them.

It's still almost 20 years old and if proper maintenance is not performed, forget it.

True. And from the supposed witness report, it sounds more mechanical than a case of pilot error. Have there been any reports of what the weather was at the time of the crash?

Also just saw this:

ilkkav Ilkka Viinikanoja

by samilepisto @samilepisto Ilta-Sanomat writes that the plane was taken into use in 1993 and was to be decommissioned at the beginning of October.

Edited by mmajeski06

I think he declined one or didn't want to consider and had already had his heart set on Russia by the end of last season.

I see. I think I remember reading that. He seemed like a good prospect with a good attitude. Terrible news, this plane crash...

Edited by devlman

Your forgetting that for most of the guys, if not all of them that Russia and Europe is home and not overseas. Vasy was playing for his home town team.

Also a lot of them had their time in the NHL and were making a living at the end of their career back where it started. There are very few Ray Emery's. I am sure that if the majorty of them were offered NHL contracts they would have taken them.

+ 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Devils have a little bit of a scare just a few seasons ago. I gotta look into it but I think it may have been a rough landing or something.

It was a game against Toronto if I remember right. I think something happened during landing but could be take-off. Was in the 09-10 season I believe.

Peoples lives are not worth meeting a deadline to be back on the ground in a different city. These companies need to go with their gut and keep the plane on the ground if they dont feel it is safe to go.

NHL.com tends to either word things very wrong or their writers misunderstand what they are analyzing. It looks like that particular plane they were on was built in 1993 but the model of aircraft was first introduced in 1980 with production ending in 2002. Since 1980, there have been 7 crashes out of a total of 178 built.

Thats what I got out of it. While the Yak-42 was produced from 79-02, I think this specific plane was built in 1993. As of TODAY there are 92 of these planes still in service around the world. I found this interesting:

Out of the 8 crashes involving this plane counting this specific crash with the team, 5 of the 8 flights crashed into mountains.

Edited by Quinn01

Really poor taste by the Pens and Crosby continuing with the presser.

Could not agree more. He's alive. These men aren't. Absolutely in horrible taste to have a press conference about his health at this time.