• Igor Zhivelov - copilot
  • Nadezhda Maksumova - flight attendant
  • Vladimir Matyushin - flight engineer
  • Elena Sarmatova - flight attendant
  • Elena Shavina - flight attendant
  • Sergey Zhuravlev - mechanic

[edit] Confirmed survivor
  • Alexander Sizov - flight engineer[16]

Given that the Pens gave notice so the press could travel to Pitt; I don't see why they would cancel it. They paid their respects... but what would delaying it accomplish? There sadly isn't anything we can do about the crash :(

I agree. I didnt hear the first part of the presser but I would expect them to give a few words and carry on. There isnt much you can do but keep them and their families in your minds. You also have to keep in mind that overall this is a business and they have to carry on with their work, even during a tragic moment like this.

Its a touchy subject whether or not they should have held off.

I doubt the plane was going that fast. Reports are that it was having problems getting up to speed. My guess is that it might have taken off, barely, and stalled out after rotation (or hit something). Just a guess.

Reports are that it was having problems on the ground before take off but they continued anyway and struck a pole at the end of the tarmac. They also had trouble getting up to speed like you said.

I doubt the plane was going that fast. Reports are that it was having problems getting up to speed. My guess is that it might have taken off, barely, and stalled out after rotation (or hit something). Just a guess.

They hit something. I think an antenna or radio tower acc to reports.

Yeah. You would just hope it was the impact.

Just wondering, some people on here seem to have some aviation knowledge. I've got my Private certificate. Just wondering who else on here is a pilot.

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Neurologists are now saying Galimov (the player-survivor) is unlikely to survive his injuries even after the surgery. Docs keep fighting

For his sake, I hope he is out of it from meds. Burns are the most excruciating injury you can sustain. I just hope he isnt suffering.

This from Wiki:

The aircraft, whilst being operated by Tatarstan Airlines, had been banned from making flights to the European Community in 2009, following airworthiness and air safety concerns.

After that it was sold to Yak-Service, which operated the plane. Just disgusting that this plane was deemed dangerous enough to be BANNED from the EU, and yet Russian air authorities continued to let it fly. And then the news that right before takeoff, they knew there were immediate problems with the plane, and it STILL took off. This is such a stupid loss of life that was completely avoidable.

Truly a haunting offseason to be remembered infamously for a all of hockey history. horrible...just horrible. how lovely that espn isnt even reporting it.

They reported it. Buccigross was on with Melrose talking about it. Albeit this isn't a major headline to them as Peyton Manning taking a dump is, but it's what you get with ESPN.