Devils: Lamoriello To Meet With Disgruntled Danton

Diablo

I would be pissed as sh!t too if I scored a very important goal in a game and then get benched 2 games later when my line partners have done nothing more than sh1t.

Well see -- that's the thing -- you are a young guy and you're kind of supposed to feel like that. Danton is a little older and should have a little more maturity but I'll even give him the benefit.

As much as I hate to use this line - you will understand all this as you get older and experience more. See, there is a little bit more to it than just you did a great job but we're sitting you anyhow. Sitting and sitting well is as important as playing well. After last years caper Danton proved he must have his maturity honed as well as his on-ice skills. He did a great job so far this year. He gave heart and soul in his first three NHL games -- as he should. It's a good time to sit the kid. It's early in the season -- not like this was a huge game. He can take a little time and reflect for ONE NIGHT. See NJ, they didn't send him down to Albany. They gave him a night off.

Yes - it was an opportunity to set a precedent...Danton should holler a little -- but not in the press and not through his agent. That's not normal. That's not productive. He should blow his top to Burns! Then suck it up and watch the game! Glean what he can and then what the heck -- share with Burns whatever insights he had sitting on his duff! Nothing wrong with saying IN THE PRIVACY OF THE BACK OFFICE -- hey I saw this, this and this and I think we can fix it this way! Yeah it'll annoy Burns and you think what a freaking ego on this little sh!t -- but it proves he cares about HOCKEY! that he cares about the TEAM. That he wants to help ANY WAY HE CAN. Not that he just wants to hog as much ice time as he can and post his own personal stats.

Frost is a jackass -- yeah you DO want a feisty guy like that on your team -- but bitching in the press is not being ON THE TEAM -- it's self serving and setting yourself against the team - it's adversarial - it's nonsensical and just completely inept - it's so far off base I can't even fathom it. THAT is the point here. Does that make sense? Can you see how this makes Danton impossible to work with?

What SUCKS is Lou isn't fooling anyone! Anyone can see this dip$hit has trouble written all over him and the Devils are going to have to suck it up and lose the craphead for nothing! And yet -- I wouldn't say uncle quite yet.

Can someone just give a better blowjob than Frost though please? I think it's the only way we'll get punkass into the hockey fold. Daton likes to have his weenie Frost

I really dislike this Danton kid. That said, I think the media are having a real field-day at his expense, stalking the guy and trying to get him to mess up by saying more garbage. That's gotta be tough, but he's gotta grow up and deal with it.

Very true - the media should be partially to blame in this as well. I can forgive Jefferton for his remarks to the media, he's just a kid and will eventually (hopefully) learn. The agent on the other hand, has no excuse. God only knows what this guy is feeding this kid. Agents are truly the anti-Christ.

NJay, your comparison doesn't work. They didn't demote him. They decided not to play him in one game...something that has happened to thousands of players before him. But somehow, he thinks he's so special that he should go and shout his perceived injustice (which is just normal operating procedure) to the press. He thinks his interests should come before the teams' interests. He has a history of immature behavior. But he must be right, they're doing him a grave injustice, because they just don't care about Danton, the most important part of the Devs team.

I understand that you're much younger than me, which may be why we see this so differently. When you've held a job for almost 20 years and have managed multiple people, then we'll talk. This is my last post on the subject.

NJ, I'm going to have to agree with PK & Chort and just say that in time you will understand where we're all coming from on this one.

Oh, and about your hypothetical job situation, I offer another choice (and the actual one) and that is 3) I would be finding a good lawyer to represent me in the mother of all employment based lawsuits against Toys'R Us.

Do any of you know David Frost's history? I don't, but did a google search on his name and it came up w/ some interesting articles. I remember he had something to do with Sheldon Keefe and his demotion in Tampa as well.

One article is from last year debacle, and another from a few years ago:

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam011005/col_simmons-sun.html

http://www.canoe.ca/DunlopAwards/frost.html

Perhaps Frost is much more to blame than Danton than we're assuming.

danton needs to put some "skins on the wall" before he has a right to even THINK about bitching.

Lou, the Team, and the fans don't have time for a di**head like this.

I love the way the kid plays.....but Chort hits this right on the head.

Jefferson needs to shut up and respect Mr. Burns (excellent).

GO DEVILS!!!

What many peole here who are defending danton saying danton deserves a spot ver turner, mckenzie or even friesen are failing to remeber her is that Guolla is a center. THey want to give him a game or 2 at center. Who are you going to sit out of these 4. Gomez, Niewendyke, Madden or Danton?

hmmm.

As for what the hell has friesen done tht Danton hasn't? or whatever such statemnet was made. I don't know, 609 more games played, 167 more goals scored? Maybe it's me, but a 1 goal rookie shuoldn't be blabbing his mouth off a year after going to hollywood for austin powers auditions, instead of going to the minors where your team asigned you. You want a second opionion, I'm sure there is a doctor worthy enough to take a look at a MRI in NYC.

Has he played ok? yeah, has he been one of our best players? no.

Joe:

What many peole here who are defending danton saying danton deserves a spot ver turner, mckenzie or even friesen are failing to remeber her is that Guolla is a center. THey want to give him a game or 2 at center.

I can see that logic BUT we couldn't play Guolla at wing for a game? I mean we were considering switching the position of our best forward permanently for crying out loud :lol: And I'm not an expert but it seems to me as if it would be harder to go from wing to center than center to wing, correct me if I'm wrong anyone?

Our best forward has played at center before, so the switch would not be too much for him to handle. He even said so.

I'm not so sure about the switching from center to wing. I can say switching from defense to wing is no picnic in a scrimmage, so I can't imagine what a switch like that is like at a pro level game. The mind just keeps telling you- hey, you're out of positiion. :P

I can see that logic BUT we couldn't play Guolla at wing for a game? I mean we were considering switching the position of our best forward permanently for crying out loud :lol: And I'm not an expert but it seems to me as if it would be harder to go from wing to center than center to wing, correct me if I'm wrong anyone?

By playing guolla at wing, you are not only asking him to play after not playing for a week or so, but also asking him to play out of posistion. Why even have him play at all then? Comparing moveing a player back to his original posistion permanantly to having a center play wing for a game when I'm pretty sure that he hasn't practiced much is apples and oranges.

I forgot to go off on the danton has done everythign like aaskign jimbo quesitons remarks. I forget who said it, but how the hell do you know thta other players haven't asked other vetrans questions. Just casue you don't read it in the paper doesn't mean that Guolla or Bergland or whoever wheren't asking quesitons lal the time. Danton made the team yes, he even probably worked his ass off, but that doesn't mean that 10 other guys didn't 21 other players didn't worjk their ass off to get where they got. The friesnes, turners pandos of the team have worked their asses off for years. Guallo worked his ass off too or else he woudn't have made the team. What makes him less impoirtant then a 3 ame rookie who's looked ok not great.

The idea is to get everyone some playing time early in the season. I'm sure it's also to see how Danton handles some of this. I rather have him go nuts now, so it can be straightened out, then halfway thru the season when acouple injuries occur and we have to rely on him in case he ends up on our bus in third period becasue the refs are picking on him. (not exactly fair to compare him to Theo, but the distractions can be the same if not nipped in the bud)

Joe

What Danton needs to learn is that he's not the only player on the team that has to be kept "happy". To some extent, all of the players have to be kept "happy" in order to keep the team happy. Burns wanted to play Guolla to to get him involved, and Danton was the one he chose to sit. He was told it wasn't anything he did wrong, but he wasn't willing to take Burns at his word. Danton needs to learn he's 1 of 23 - not #1.

:mellow: Danton could be worse. I mean, he could ask Lindro's if he could hire his dad as his agent.

Seriously though, he does need to listen to what's being said and wait his turn like everyone else. Burns should've been scratching Pandolfo instead of Danton.

That said, I think the media are having a real field-day at his expense, stalking the guy and trying to get him to mess up by saying more garbage.

That, I think, is one of the keys to this issue. This probably would have blown over by now (or at least it wouldn't be as bad as it is) if the media would just leave him alone.

Well, that and his agent. That's definitely one Frost I want to scrape off my windshield.