NJDevs "Fanatsy" - Smack talk

aylbert

Ah the Fantasy world.

You know it well :rofl:

How can you be playing Madden when the NHL 12 demo is out?

Because I pre-ordered it and you can do a four person franchise in NHL games but it would take a hundred years to finish a season....in Madden it's way easier!!!

You know it well :rofl:

Because I pre-ordered it and you can do a four person franchise in NHL games but it would take a hundred years to finish a season....in Madden it's way easier!!!

Fair enough, I do a two person franchise in NHL each year, just won the cup a few weeks ago.

But I don't spend much time in NJ, so it took longer than it should have.

Posted this on the League site. Guess it is time for my yearly question as to WHY there are drop/adds happening before Tuesday or Wednesday morning again.

Really? Again? No waiver time?? Didn't we go thru this last year? I suppose if you aree lucky enough to have a puter available when you are watching a game and see someone go down you win, eh?

So, what's it going to be? Waivers til wednesday morning or leaving it like it is with instant drop/adds?

Im entirely fine with how it is. In my other league, I had Stafford. when he went down, I was like sh!t. So i went to handcuff him to be safe. Had there been a waiver i guarantee someone else would have picked up shaun hill just to spite me on principal. And In This LEague, Cadillac. Since Sjax left with injury too

Its entirely fine. SO much technology has the internet nowadays (crackberry, ipads, iphones...Laptops etc). I dont have internet access of my own at the bar. I simply asked nicely if i could use someones for a moment and they said no prob.

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

I'm not OK with it since I do not have easy access to the innerweb during the games for the majority of them. There are many many weekends I don't watch any games til my team plays (if I'm lucky) And many more weekends where I am at work w/o TV or streaming innerweb or time to check very often.

Frankly, :evil: and it is nothing personnal towards you Flamme, Tough sh!t if someone screws you over on the waiver wire once in a while. If you want to avoid it, pay the price with a roster spot and handcuff the peeps you think you NEED to before they get hurt. Not only are you covered, but that potentially puts someone with some talent back out on the wire for someone elses need when you D/A the handcuff.

I aint saying I would have made any moves for sure this week, but I went to have a look at how my guys did and was thinkng about what if I needed to get a replacement that I needed and one of you vultures snatched him up already during the damned game.

So, I guess we are looking at the grass from different sides of the fence.

Frankly, :evil: and it is nothing personnal towards you Flamme, Tough sh!t if someone screws you over on the waiver wire once in a while.

No offense, but That sounds a bit hypocritical of you. You are complaining about someone vulturing someone you wanted, and then you are saying "TS" if someone screws someone over on the waiver wire..

No offense, but That sounds a bit hypocritical of you. You are complaining about someone vulturing someone you wanted, and then you are saying "TS" if someone screws someone over on the waiver wire..

Actually, I believe what I am saying makes is more fair for the league, not just the guy watching the game when sh!t happens. At least the waiver wire works with a list and moves you to the back of the list and gives everyone a chance at a D/A before you can get another. And like I said, if it is a handcuff you are looking for then just handcuff 'em. I could h/c Brees if I was willing to sacrifice the spot to do that.

You want the player (or the backup)....find a way to get him....first come first serve....as it should be, you're either gonna race to get him first on Sunday....or race to get him first at 9am on a Tuesday....it's a technology world....get out of the stone age and deal with it :P

You want the player (or the backup)....find a way to get him....first come first serve....as it should be, you're either gonna race to get him first on Sunday....or race to get him first at 9am on a Tuesday....it's a technology world....get out of the stone age and deal with it :P

Are you aware how waivers work? Because you are completely wrong. On waivers, it's not the first person who puts a request in, its the person with the highest waiver priority gets the first player they wanted (there's time for people to think it over, see the news, etc). There's no "race"; unlike out current method... where you could grab anyone you want, whenever... which rewards those who are watching a specefic game(s) and sees the injury before anyone else.

I'm fine with a race... but why do we all of a sudden live in a technology world now, but not when we're drafting?

...maybe I would have won if Janikowski actually broke the record rather than merely tie it :)

Edited by aylbert

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing B )

And again, any way you set up a waiver-fest it's gonna be a race to get there first....just a matter of when, and I will not apologize for having 2-4 laptops at the bar to seize the moment!! :whistling:

I'm fine with a race... but why do we all of a sudden live in a technology world now, but not when we're drafting?

...maybe I would have won if Janikowski actually broke the record rather than merely tie it :)

EXCELLENT point about the draft technology. :clap2:

no. Not even if it was a 109 yarder. RD.gif

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing B )

No, You being Mayhem and all, I see why you choose not to have the wire, but

ALL players are locked at the start of waiver time. You can set that to be kickoff of the first game (Thurs/Sat games) or Sunday 1pm. Sunday is easiest since the issue you run into the other way is if someone wants to D/A a player on Friday or Saturday night, the commish has to force it thru. So you just set it up for Sunday 1pm and watch to be sure no one Adds a player who already played that week prior to Sun 1pm, and that takes care of that problem.

You are right that once a player clears waivers it is vulture feeding time, but first the waiver list gets filled then it is 1st come 1st served.

YOU can still be the first guy to put in YOUR waiver request, and with your standings, you'll probably get him and move to the back of the line for your next pickup.

See, this system

1 prevents hoarding

2 keeps it fair for those who are unable to watch all the games

3 helps make bad teams (like yours) able to possibly make up on talent and perhaps ( laugh.gif ) compete with good teams. I know this is a crazy warped concept for your completely normal mind to comprehend, but it does help improve bad teams and is fair to all the teams in the league.

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing cool.gif

And again, any way you set up a waiver-fest it's gonna be a race to get there first....just a matter of when, and I will not apologize for having 2-4 laptops at the bar to seize the moment!! :whistling:

Again, I don't think you understand. There's no mad dash if you move players to Waivers at kickoff. Read Mask's post above.

Especially in a keeper league, we really should be using a more orderly process to pick up players.

This doesn't stop someone from picking up Randy Moss or TO if they come out of retirement... but it does prevent someone from snagging a backup RB or QB because they just saw the starter carried off on a stretcher. It' not meant to prevent handcuff vulturing... but allows for actual use of the waiver priority list other than add/drops.

This doesn't stop someone from picking up Randy Moss or TO if they come out of retirement... but it does prevent someone from snagging a backup RB or QB because they just saw the starter carried off on a stretcher. It' not meant to prevent handcuff vulturing... but allows for actual use of the waiver priority list other than add/drops.

Which you can STILL do if you use a "waiver system"

so because I decide to drop Breaston for a WR with hope I get dropped to last on the waiver trail, so if one my backs gets hurt I go to put the guy in on waivers....and someone swoops right in and waiver vultures him....it's the same crap, I'm NOT changing the system mid-season....too bad.... start a lobby in the off-season....and that's the bottom line, 'cause the damned commish said so!!!!

PS I LOVE the double standard of the people bitching that I "cause drama" sitting in here....CAUSING DRAMA.... well played kids B )

Again, I don't think you understand. There's no mad dash if you move players to Waivers at kickoff. Read Mask's post above.

Especially in a keeper league, we really should be using a more orderly process to pick up players.

Question: Every owner has the same advantage/disadvantage when the games are kicked off, correct?

or must we take an inventory on who has the most smartphones/laptops available? :noclue:

Question: Every owner has the same advantage/disadvantage when the games are kicked off, correct?

or must we take an inventory on who has the most smartphones/laptops available? :noclue:

Do we need to take inventory of who has work, plans, redzone, sunday ticket, smartphones, etc?

If that's how we're rolling, that's how we're rolling. But I don't think its a fair system.

so because I decide to drop Breaston for a WR with hope I get dropped to last on the waiver trail, so if one my backs gets hurt I go to put the guy in on waivers....and someone swoops right in and waiver vultures him....

PS I LOVE the double standard of the people bitching that I "cause drama" sitting in here....

Holy hell dude. Please read. A waiver system is NOT meant to prevent vulturing of handcuffs....If you want to handcuff your starter, grab him now and not when your starter gets injured.

Putting free agents on waivers at kickoff is meant so you dont have somebody jumping online the second something happens to take the backup... it makes waivers nearly useless as there is typically far less demand for someone you are dropping than a prominant backup getting full time work now that the starter is injured. A key example: Michael Vick. Hmm.. I think I understand now.

It's not "drama" to discuss rules that are stupid in week 1. It would be great if you could argue against the actual point that somehow eludes you after it was explained so clearly.

Edited by aylbert