NJDevs "Fanatsy" - Smack talk

aylbert

I don't HAVE TO...remember...Commish "stomp your foot down and make decisions"....well I DID....save the "debate" for the off-season

right now it's just two of 12 people making noise anyway

and I made my point as cleanly as you did with "six picks in a row clouding the flow of the draft"...I'm still waiting for a legit answer on that too

either system has its allowance for douchebaggery and vulturing....this one just has the survival of the fittest angle to it

Question: Every owner has the same advantage/disadvantage when the games are kicked off, correct?

or must we take an inventory on who has the most smartphones/laptops available? :noclue:

Answer: No

According to the way we are doing D/A's, no. The people watching whatever game are at an advantage over people watching another game or are actually AT a game, or not watching games at all.

Regardless of Crasher having four laptops or me on a desktop dinosaur, that doesn't matter.

Question: Theoretically, people can D/A six times during 1 o'clock games before others even hear a score,

Is that fair? smilydev.gif

Holy hell dude. Please read.

Somebody needs to go back to commish school. doh1.gif

....this one just has the survival of the fittest angle to it

Highly questionable use of an analogy there!!

laugh.gif

Wow, so the person or group of people who pay attention and keep an eye on all the games GET AN ADVANTAGE....amazing, it's called doing your homework....deal with it :P

I guess next we should ban draft guides because researching before the clock starts is an "unfair advantage" too RIGHT?:rolleyes:

Highly questionable use of an analogy there!!

laugh.gif

You mean the guy who's lost 40 pounds plus since you last bet him.....your insults are as dated as your draft philosophy..... then again I've always seen "well the guy who's got nothing left in his arguments or a REAL comeback resorts to the lame fat jokes anyway".....you got nothin...we got it....move on.......

I don't HAVE TO...remember...Commish "stomp your foot down and make decisions"....well I DID....save the "debate" for the off-season

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...

It's fair enough to say rules are rules for the season... but we can still have an open discussion about why you chose to have open waivers...

At least we know Manta won't be snagging anyone :D "I don't use the internet on the weekends, I have a life"

You mean the guy who's lost 40 pounds plus since you last bet him.....

Pure awesomesauce! That's great to hear!

Whoa, whoa! Little sensitive there, easy Crasher, I wasn't talking about your fat ass. I was referring to you being 0-1 and Definitely NOT currently possessing the fittest team. (Especially after Vick goes down). But good job on the lbs dropping. Guess yer gonna be giving up more goals now though. tongue.gif

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...

At least we know Manta won't be snagging anyone :D "I don't use the internet on the weekends, I have a life"

Two well put points

That and I probably won't need anyone.

Nicely played. cheers.gif

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...It's fair enough to say rules are rules for the season... but we can still have an open discussion about why you chose to have open waivers...

And is not keeping tabs on every game....every Sunday (hrrrmmm...catchphrase!!) doing your homework??

And if say we made the magic waiver time 9am Tuesday...

NOPE....Clown's not awake yet, we need to let him have his crossaint and whatever other California Fraud Crap they eat for breakfast....

What about Noon? NOPE....ZOMG Work FIREWALL....I'M DOOMED.....

5pm....NOPE....people commuting....

9pm? Too late...already asleep!!

There's no winning :P

NOPE....Clown's not awake yet, we need to let him have his crossaint and whatever other California Fraud Crap they eat for breakfast....

Your FAIL on understanding how the Waiver system works is EPIC! horse.gif

15qxkeo.gif

Edited by Masked Fan

I understand it FINE

Giving someone 48 hours to cockblock your wavier claims is EQUALLY as absurd of an option, the fail is on YOU for missing it the first three times I said it, and then shooting down what was going to be the "next genius idea" of a "way to make add/drops fair"...there's no perfect system or answer for it, but first come first serve is the best one and out of 30-something people over 3 leagues, only two seem to have an issue with it :koolaid:

I understand it FINE

Not according to your own words. dontknow.gifmoosegrin.gif

I understand it FINE

You clearly don't.

So let's go over this.

-------------------------------

Its 12:55pm Sunday... better set that roster... sh!t, someone's out... my depth sucks... add/drop.... phew, that was close.

It's now 1pm Sunday... All free agents go to waiver.

1pm games happen... injuries happen/players emerge... I take note. I put in for an add/drop.

4pm games happen... injuries happen/players emerge ... I take note.

Monday night games happen... injuries happen/players emerge... I take note. I cancel my add/drop from Sunday's games, and go with the niftier option from the Monday performance.

Add/drops get processed by yahoo at something like 3 in the morning by the system on Tues/Wed (whatever day it is).

Waiver claims get fulfilled.

All players without any waiver requests on them get released back to the free agency pool.

---------------------------------

No mad dash to be the first person to snag a player because the starter took a knee to tie his shoelace. An orderly progression of people interested in a player, going down the waiver priority list. There's no mad dash.

There could be 4 requests in to pick up the 1 player... the one with the highest waiver priority gets him. Simple enough.

Edited by aylbert

Why do people continue to argue this when it has been said maybe a vote will happen next year and to drop it for now.

I argue only because he says tough, rules are rules, vote next offseason (if it ended here, fine)... but then he goes on to explain something wrong... which just invites more of the argument. I agree that we already went past week1... rules are rules. But I also don't like putting things off - so I'm ready to debate next years rules now... in week 2 of this year :)

Why do people continue to argue this when it has been said maybe a vote will happen next year and to drop it for now.

Yeah, there hasn't been any argument over getting the waiver rule changed this season, just discussion on how the waiver rules actually work and trying to get though that slab of concrete on top of Crashers' neck.

especially with comments like this one here...

You want the player (or the backup)....find a way to get him....first come first serve....as it should be, you're either gonna race to get him first on Sunday....or race to get him first at 9am on a Tuesday....it's a technology world....get out of the stone age and deal with it :P

doh1.gif

This, BTW, while misplaced in this thread, was not acknowledged properly.

Well done aylbert! :clap2:worthy.gif Those are some SMOKIN' bitches! (except the last one!)

The weather, as presented by MaskedFan... with a MantaBlock at the end, of course.

eb52de6f96ac5a7c684f4e6439cad619.jpg

So can we rule Manning under the Brady rule and make him ineligble to be kept as a free agent?

He's a dead roster spot to me... he won't be put on IR, but will be out months and likely the season if the Colts aren't in contention...

but if I drop him, someone else could pick him up and keep him for a 15th...

So can we rule Manning under the Brady rule and make him ineligble to be kept as a free agent?

He's a dead roster spot to me... he won't be put on IR, but will be out months and likely the season if the Colts aren't in contention...

but if I drop him, someone else could pick him up and keep him for a 15th...

So.... what? Manning isn't on IR??? That's F'd Up! That is EXTREMELY F'd up actually. The fantasy site should definitely be giving him an IR designation. If I were commish, I'd allow him to be dropped and picked up only by you until the day after he steps onto the field or when he gets an IR label on the site, then he would be put into the waiver pool (aka "thrown to the wolves" in our current format) if you chose NOT to pick him back up. (I've had to do similar stuff in my league where I am commish before)

Either way, his "keeper kost" (kk) should absolutely be whatever rd he was drafted in.

The fantasy site should definitely be giving him an IR designation. If I were commish, I'd allow him to be dropped and picked up only by you until the day after he steps onto the field or when he gets an IR label on the site

Well, in real life, the Colts are using a roster spot on Manning with the hopes that he can come back and play at the end of the season if they need him. So he isn't on the IR in the NFL, and therefore yahoo doesn't put him on the IR. Unless the Colts have something better than last week, they won't be sniffing the playoffs.

But yea, in fantasy, he's basically on IR for the season and I would just drop him if it didn't have fantasy impact for the following year...

if you have the depth, you keep him on your roster and stash him away in hopes he comes back in time for the fantasy playoffs. If you don't you drop him and hope no one else gets him. You can't make special rules just because the team IRL isn't doing what you think they should do and putting him on IR. If thats the case then I want to drop Roy Helu and no one is allowed to pick him up. Until the first game he does really well, then I want to retroactively add him and put him in for that game he did well...

come on, its about making choices, doing what you hope pans out...

...He wouldnt be a 15th...regardless if you kepe him or not if someone picks him up its at the spot you drafted him.

No, if you drop someone they go to the free agency pool... and you can then pick them up and they are a 15th round for keeper - they don't retain their draft position (only in a trade does it transfer)

If thats the case then I want to drop Roy Helu and no one is allowed to pick him up.

come on, its about making choices, doing what you hope pans out...

Your Helu scenario is not comparable. Manning ISN'T playing, and isn't playing for 3 months at mininum (December). The only reason he isn't IR'd by the Colts is because he's Peyton Manning.If they have any opportunity at all to get him to play in a meaningful football game at the end of the season (late, or into playoffs), they want him to play.

It's not like he's fighting a nagging injury that make's him questionable to play. He is basically a non-play for fantasy, and I don't think I should have to reserve a spot on my roster to prevent giving away Manning to someone next year for their 15th rounder.

I don't want to keep Manning next year... but if I had him for a 15th, I certainly would.

Edited by aylbert