NJDevs "Fanatsy" - Smack talk

aylbert

I didn't make a big stink about it because I wasn't asking for a rule change in-season just because it didn't benefit me at the time.

THIS

and there-in lies the difference

And thank you Has....the Dumbo analogy is the SAME EXACT THING (actually this one's more fantasy owner bad luck as opposed to drafting damaged goods)

And thank you Has....the Dumbo analogy is the SAME EXACT THING (actually this one's more fantasy owner bad luck as opposed to drafting damaged goods)

You think it's reasonable that Manning is able to be picked up as a FA and kept for a 15th? Gotcha.

You think it's reasonable that Manning is able to be picked up as a FA and kept for a 15th? Gotcha.

If you're going to cut him....sure

Same thing with Dumbo last year if Has had cut him

(happened to me in another league when I had a drunk panic fit and cut Tom Brady when he got hurt too)

There is always a plan B of changing the rule AFTER the season, which also adds to the gamble of picking him up now, I have no problems changing the rules AFTER the season

And what if Manning DOES come back? We all sit there and wait till you feel like adding him? When does it become no longer "unfair"?

And what if Manning DOES come back? We all sit there and wait till you feel like adding him? When does it become no longer "unfair"?

Dude, I swear to god you don't fvcking read.

I'm fine with anyone who wants to pick him up THIS SEASON. I'm not trying for a special reserved tag on him, etc

The only thing I asked THIS ENTIRE TIME is: is it possible to exclude Manning from being kept for a 15th rounder by someone.

That's it.

Dude, I swear to god you don't fvcking read.

I'm fine with anyone who wants to pick him up THIS SEASON. I'm not trying for a special reserved tag on him, etc

The only thing I asked THIS ENTIRE TIME is: is it possible to exclude Manning from being kept for a 15th rounder by someone.

That's it.

There is always a plan B of changing the rule AFTER the season, which also adds to the gamble of picking him up now, I have no problems changing the rules AFTER the season

but *I* don't read.....:rolleyes:

So let it be known whoever tries to vulture Manning may (and likely will be) denied their vulture pick when it's voted on after the season ends :boogie:

but *I* don't read.....:rolleyes:

So let it be known whoever tries to vulture Manning may (and likely will be) denied their vulture pick when it's voted on after the season ends :boogie:

That's a horrible idea. The biggest value to hold Manning in our current system is that you are holding him for a 15th for next year. So your plan is to say we won't change anything in season, but later will decide if Manning can be held for a 15th? Thats a bs and unfair delay. Just state it as fact now so people know what exactly their picking up. (Ie. I dropped Manning because I dont like his outlook this season and dont want to keep him for next season. If I could pick him up to keep him next year for a 15th... I would.

This isnt an in season rule. It has no effect week to week. It effects NEXT season

That's a horrible idea. The biggest value to hold Manning in our current system is that you are holding him for a 15th for next year. So your plan is to say we won't change anything in season, but later will decide if Manning can be held for a 15th? Thats a bs and unfair delay. Just state it as fact now so people know what exactly their picking up. (Ie. I dropped Manning because I dont like his outlook this season and dont want to keep him for next season. If I could pick him up to keep him next year for a 15th... I would.

This isnt an in season rule. It has no effect week to week. It effects NEXT season

IMO: getting Manning for next year, almost sacrifices your team this year. I consider my team pretty well stocked with no significant players available (Cadiallac Williams aside). To sacrifice quality depth for "next year" is silly. This also assumes Manning will be 100% next which is not guaranteed.

Look at Vick who Crasher kept in the 15th spot this year, but then went on to draft a really crappy team this year.

24e3z0j.gif and giggle.gif

I also think that this would be a bs outcome (for someone stupid crazy enough to p/u Manning this year), a rule change like that, in my opinion, would warrant a grandfather clause for the poor shmo this off season. Just as with making the league a keeper league, it needed to be determined before you drafted people.

If I may pose a suggestion to the answer, and will be proposing this officially at the end of the year...

The player is kept at the position he is drafted, not the position you drafted him. This is how we work it in the league I run, and I think it works pretty well to stop the "vulture 15th"

Example: Peyton Manning was an 8th round selection. Regardless of who add/drops him, he will still be an 8th round selection. This is still a great value, and it will be a tremendous value next season in the draft (assuming he's the same player...). Meanwhile, someone like, say, Greg Little, WR, CLE. Not drafted...if he becomes hot and gets picked up this year, he wasn't drafted and he costs a 15th next year assuming you're keeping him.

If I may pose a suggestion to the answer, and will be proposing this officially at the end of the year...

The player is kept at the position he is drafted, not the position you drafted him. This is how we work it in the league I run, and I think it works pretty well to stop the "vulture 15th"

Example: Peyton Manning was an 8th round selection. Regardless of who add/drops him, he will still be an 8th round selection. This is still a great value, and it will be a tremendous value next season in the draft (assuming he's the same player...). Meanwhile, someone like, say, Greg Little, WR, CLE. Not drafted...if he becomes hot and gets picked up this year, he wasn't drafted and he costs a 15th next year assuming you're keeping him.

I could support that idea - although it would have affected the Shonne Green keeper most notably this year - who I believe was a 1st rounder (maybe 2nd) last year... but when he lost his job to LT, he was dropped. I guess that's a similar, although not as clear situation (is Greene a bust? vs will Manning return to form next year?).

But as this is something that effects pickups now, I think it should be decided by Crasher now... and not let a grey cloud of uncertainty hover throughout the season of what exactly you have on your roster...

Im going ot be paying ALOT of attnetion to the Rams Giants Game tonight...eesh. This game is gunna be CLOSE.

I am going to watch this game closely as well, but I can see the GIANTS winning tonight. Bradford is going to be great....if the Lambs ever get a a real Offensive Line. Bradford's hand can't be very good to grip the ball tonight.

I am going to watch this game closely as well, but I can see the GIANTS winning tonight. Bradford is going to be great....if the Lambs ever get a a real Offensive Line. Bradford's hand can't be very good to grip the ball tonight.

Stafford+ for Rodgers is looking pretty good, so far.

Im going ot be paying ALOT of attnetion to the Rams Giants Game tonight...eesh. This game is gunna be CLOSE.

Well Raw is gonna suck, and if you get too creepy close to the little TV that I have the game on I'm gonna have to beat you with a goalie stick :P

Though a nice effort from my "awful back and old WR's" this week eh? B )

Sweet jesus I've missed so much the last two weeks I hardly know where to begin. Maybe I should go overseas more often if my fantasy team will average 130 a week and the Jets go unbeaten too :lol:

As far as waivers go, I find it amusing that Masked makes such a big deal about there being no waiver period every year when the fact is only a couple players a week (if that) get claimed in the heavy football hours of 1-8 on Sunday, and for every Vick you get lucky on and every useful RB vulture there are a half dozen guys who'll be back on the wire in a couple weeks anyway :P Plus you have to drop someone to get someone. If you want to drop someone in a keeper league and risk the 15th round rule or losing your own handcuff, buona fortuna.

And for the notion that first-come first-serve isn't fair (and again, it's amusing that Masked can be around at all hours of the draft but somehow vulturing players isn't possible for him) but waivers are, how are waivers fair now exactly?! There's no way Masked should have had the #1 waiver claim to get Woodhead but of course he doesn't say a word about that. Usually waivers get decided by inverse order of the first round picks, which would have given CRASHER the #1 claim since he picked last, but in this league the waiver order seems to get picked at random anyway. Plus this is 2011, you don't need a computer to make changes. I can set my lineup and do add/drops from my phone.

On Peyton, I agree with ayl that any change for next year needs to be decided on now, otherwise it affects roster decisions for this year and becomes the same type of contreversy as trying to add keepers retroactively was a couple years back if there is a change to the rule next year. To me there are only two options:

A) Keep the same system where only players on IR are 'frozen' to that team

B) I think VALUE was getting at this one before: Just freeze every drafted player's keeper value regardless of injury or inefficiency, eliminating the '15th round loophole' entirely - which would ensure only 15th round and UDFA's get the '15th round' designation for keeper purposes, no matter how many times a drafted player gets cut he still retains the same round value.

The one thing that cannot happen is creating injury loopholes for non-IR players. Where would the line be drawn, if a guy misses ten weeks? Six? There's too many gray areas, it's either gotta be all or nothing.

Edited by NJDevs4978

... no waiver period every year when the fact is only a couple players a week (if that) get claimed in the heavy football hours of 1-8 on Sunday, ...

... There's no way Masked should have had the #1 waiver claim to get Woodhead but of course he doesn't say a word about that.

even just 1 player getting p/u during a game, I believe, is unfair.

I agree there is no way I should have had the #1 waive pick at all so far this year. Did I? Did someone else try to get Woodhead but I got him first? I don't know. But if that is what happened, that is B.S. Obviously the way this leagues waiver system works is crap.

As far as the ability for me to be here all hours during the draft but not during gameday, I really wasn't complaining about that for myself, I merely used an example. And for the record there is a HUGE difference in being able to pop onto this site a few minutes every hour or so at work and being able to keep up with EVERY football game happening on a Sunday afternoon. (of which I work MANY of)

The one thing that cannot happen is creating injury loopholes for non-IR players. Where would the line be drawn, if a guy misses ten weeks? Six? There's too many gray areas, it's either gotta be all or nothing.

Agreed; and I never asked for this. I wasn't looking to benefit my team or reserve Manning. I just didn't think it was fair I had to keep Manning on my roster (when I feel he won't play this year) because dropping him would give him away to someone for a 15th rounder next year.

Welcome to the bottom of the barell, with me, Ayl. lol.

I'm not used to be down here. I would bring up I had the toughest schedule so far (in terms of points against); but I'm also not putting up enough points. Although Week1 I would have beaten most :D

Something about your stud RB and QB both MIA.... Hopefully Foster recovers though.