Tfp On Danton

MantaRay

You know -- I dont like it when the press and the fans all want to manage the team. Personally I think everyone is inventing the Nothing Good To Report Here mentality because it's just more fun to be an arm chair GM and or coach than an optimistic fan. Middle of the road make for dull discussion and no one has the patience to see what direction the team will take.

Pepper:

I don't know about the Inventing of Nothing good to report, for last weeks games.

I was a little disappointed myself, especially on Saturday night. Last weeks article was just the opposite, citing much good to report.

I think he was just as disppointed as I about last week's performance. I like the breakdown on the PP/PK stats for the past weeks games.

Frost is acting like he only has one client and he thinks Danton will be his gravy train. What he is doing is potentially killing his career.

It sort of reminds me of Mike Maneluk's agent. He was a rookie in Philly about 5 years ago. Started the season on a tear and his agent caused a stink to get him a bigger contract. He has since been banished by most NHL teams at a very young age.

This just proves that agents should not be allowed in professional sports period! All they do is tell these players that they are worth tons of money just for playing a game. Yeah take :puke: a$$holik for example $45 mil to play a game? Agents talk these players up that they are superman, when theyre really not. Agents are the reason why baseball is in the sh!tter now and signs begin to show that hockey will follow soon. (hopefully not)

Really it's just that Frost doesn't know how to agent. Honestly -- he's acting like he read a lot of old agent biographies and outdated books on how to be an agent from his local library...not realizing not all agenting is the same. He's not a commercial agent for one thing. He's not a theatrical agent for another. He's a sports agent. We're talking a completely different breed here. He can't try to act like freaking Myron Selsnick - even Hollywood agenting isn't like that any more. The man doesn't know what he's doing. He has no idea how to spin. He's ruining a kids career trying to learn the ropes and it's a shame. Adn he doesn't give a rat's ass about Jefferson -- not one iota. he'll run that boy into the ground and find another until he feels he's gotten it right -- or one of his little proteges get's wise and murders him. But Hey...that's what you want in a client right? Well he's gonna bring that firey temper off the ice too...hihi.gif

You know -- and I have no vested interest in saying this. I have no sports agent friends feeding me lines here -- it's PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON MY FACE -- this guy has his head shoved so far up his ass it's just ...it's just a shame, that's all.