61. DARCY ZAJAC, C

62. J.T. BARNETT, LW

63. THOMAS NESBITT, RW

64. KORY NAGY, LW

65. MYLES STOESZ, LW

66. J.S. BERUBE, LW

68. MATT ANDERSON, RW

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Interesting to note #5 is free - placeholder for our newly-drafted defenseman?

I don't think Reece Scarlett is going to make the team.

Humor aside, I do enjoy the number analysis that goes on here every year. #5 could be kept absent all year out of respect for Colin White. Or it could be re-assigned right away, who knows.

I am starting to think Larrson will make the NHL. His 16 year old season in the SEL was good enough to project 22 points in the NHL over an 82 game season given similar minutes and PP time. This season given Rundblad's role on the top PP I would expect 30 points or so in 50 games in the SEL which roughly projects into 38 points. That is, unless, gabe's formula is no longer valid comparing the SEL's PPG difficulty around .78 of the NHL's PPG difficulty.

Don't know why I pointed this out in this thread.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I do think it's funny when certain "cup of coffee" guys get their number and others don't. Tim Sestito must be wondering who he pissed off. lol.

Buying jerseys of fringe Devils is a dangerous game to play. I wonder if they'll let Fayne keep bucking the "system". Also love Sykie getting an ugly number instead of 71 or something.

I am starting to think Larrson will make the NHL. His 16 year old season in the SEL was good enough to project 22 points in the NHL over an 82 game season given similar minutes and PP time. This season given Rundblad's role on the top PP I would expect 30 points or so in 50 games in the SEL which roughly projects into 38 points. That is, unless, gabe's formula is no longer valid comparing the SEL's PPG difficulty around .78 of the NHL's PPG difficulty.

Don't know why I pointed this out in this thread.

yeah, i don't know either, NHL equivalencies have all sorts of issues though. it's not going to be larsson's offense that keeps him out of the NHL.

yeah, i don't know either, NHL equivalencies have all sorts of issues though. it's not going to be larsson's offense that keeps him out of the NHL.

It's hard to say, Tedenby's numbers from 10-11 was nearly spot on...it projected him to get 19 points in 58 games. If anything he should have gotten a few more points based on progression. Josefson as well was dead one, that .78 projected him to get 10 points in 28 games. Oduya's rookie season should have gotten 24 points but then again he didn't get the minutes or PP time he did in Sweden, the following season was more in line with his SEL numbers.

In regards to Larrson, I am trying to put a pricetag on him being on the Devils vs a year in Albany. Defensmen will not sell as many tickets as a forward but I still think the average Devils fan wants a glimpse of him. I can't see us holding him in the AHL for a full season, I really think he is too good for that so it will probably be the same as Josefson last year...still eating a season of his RFA.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

It's hard to say, Tedenby's numbers from 10-11 was nearly spot on...it projected him to get 19 points in 58 games. If anything he should have gotten a few more points based on progression. Josefson as well was dead one, that .78 projected him to get 10 points in 28 games. Oduya's rookie season should have gotten 24 points but then again he didn't get the minutes or PP time he did in Sweden, the following season was more in line with his SEL numbers.

In regards to Larrson, I am trying to put a pricetag on him being on the Devils vs a year in Albany. Defensmen will not sell as many tickets as a forward but I still think the average Devils fan wants a glimpse of him. I can't see us holding him in the AHL for a full season, I really think he is too good for that so it will probably be the same as Josefson last year...still eating a season of his RFA.

then why even bother with Albany. I doubt he is going to learn that much in the minor leagues that will benefit him in the long run. Accept the growing pains in NJ

I don't see Larsson making the team, but I certainly see him getting some time in the NHL if there are injuries or people don't play as well as expected. I mean, who do you think he's better than?