Gotta Win Tonight!!!!

NJDF

Atlanta has had the most goals against in the NHL (29) at an average of 4.8 goals per game. They don't have a win yet and have 2 overtime losses.

If we don't get AT LEAST 3 goals (win or lose) we have problems.

My hopeful prediction is a 6-3 devils win. I see us playing a great game but make stupid mistakes to spoil what would be a dominating performance.

Goals from: Brylin, Elias (2), Gionta, Newy, and Madden

GO DEVILS!!!

I would say if we don't blow Atlanta out of the water, we need to take a looong look in the mirror. I don't want to hear anything about Atlanta being hungry for a win or that they're due, or any of that BS. They are horrible, the worst team in the NHL right now, and we should beat them badly. I would be disgusted by anything less than a 3-1 win, and frankly, it should be more like 5/6-1.

Totally agree with blackjack, we should blow this team out. See here is the thing, you can say well Atlanta is due for a win, that they wont lose every game, but that being said, if we are to be considered a contender for the Eastern Conference, a win can not come at our expense. This team should be fired up and ready to play after a very disapointing 3rd period the other night in Carolina. I am looking at a 5-1 Devs win tonight. The defense steps up, the offense starts to click,(albeit against the Thrashers) and 2 power play goals!!

i'm betting on 3-3 tie. we are still working on chemistry. bet on the first period looking like sh!t with maybe one solid scoring chance. atlanta gets first goal by kovalchuk and look much better in 1st period. back and forth for the whole game. devils goals come out of nowhere (meaning no sustained pressure).

after this game, we're gonna be screaming but keep in mind, the schedule has really screwed this team. there's no chemistry and they're too excited b/c playing is such a rarity so far. atlanta is in better game shape. even if they lose, i won't be that upset. i'll only be upset if the problems that come out are ones that can't be fixed (i.e. stevens' complete lack of speed)

I can see how they should win. I can see how they might lose. What I can't figure is using the phrase "gotta win" when it's only our fifth game.

It's a manner of speaking. It would be kinda boring if we all said "maybe we'll win, maybe we'll lose, but it's just the beginning of the season".

You are a fan right? You are human aren't you? (j/k here)

GO DEVILS!!