Brodeur not sure he'll stay with Devils

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year in a backup role, Montreal...23 starts or so. Absolutely he would do it.

I think Brodeur would retire before willingly becoming a backup. And especially to do so in Montreal, where he'd just be blowing up Carey Price's spot - it'd be positively Farve-ish for him to do that.

I personally always figured he would become the Goaltending Coach for the Devils once he retired. I can see him enjoying that.

I meant to put that into my post too. I concur!

Bobby Orr ended his career in Chicago, Mike Modano is still kicking around after leaving the Stars, Patrick Roy is a jackass (doesn't really fit in the situation but I always feel like putting it in), Joe Montana played for the Chiefs, Michael Jordan played for the Wizards, Johnny Unitas played for the Chargers, Willie Mays played for the Mets, Ruth played for the Boston Braves, Joe Namath played for the Rams, OJ Simpsons played for the 49ers yet all those players are remember as the player in their prime and spent most of their time with not who they ended with

I am about to remove the Post from the front page links with these articles. /sarcasm

laugh.gif

Bobby Orr ended his career in Chicago, Mike Modano is still kicking around after leaving the Stars, Patrick Roy is a jackass (doesn't really fit in the situation but I always feel like putting it in), Joe Montana played for the Chiefs, Michael Jordan played for the Wizards, Johnny Unitas played for the Chargers, Willie Mays played for the Mets, Ruth played for the Boston Braves, Joe Namath played for the Rams, OJ Simpsons played for the 49ers yet all those players are remember as the player in their prime and spent most of their time with not who they ended with

Oh, and Ken Daneyko played for the Devils... smilydev.gifkoolaid.gif

All good examples of what df118 sed it is special.

Marty has given his all for this franchise. He has brought us fans extreme success. If he wants to play for another chance at the cup as this team re-works itself, I personally won't hold a grudge if he asks to be moved. Of all people who have ever donned a NJD sweater (or leg jersey - a reference for the old-timers on the board), he has earned that right. I would be sad to see him in another uni but I would root like hell for him to win (unless he was with the rag$ or the Phailures).

While the (N)Єverson is just stirring up the pot since he has no real insight to add regarding the hockey world, I think it probable but anything can happen and Lou's history has shown that he will do what he thinks best for the franchise.

Where's all this rebuilding crap come from? This organization has been rebuilding and succeeding at the same time. I expect cup runs every year with the crew we have now!

thought it was weird i saw this story on facebook from martys page that he posted. I'm not too worried, i would rather him retire than play for another team but this stuff happens. I'm most hopeful he stays with the Devils after retirement in some capacity. A great players career ending is always a dicey thing. Im a Buccaneer fan and i remember all the uproar when Derrick Brooks was cut. Amazing athlete but the last game of the season, he couldnt tackle or catch up to anyone. It was real sad. then the people in an uproar realized they were wrong when the Saints picked him up and released him pretty quick and no one else wanted him. Its a sad thing when age catchs up to you (ex Mike schmidt), even if you do look at the over all picture and see how lucky you were. Maybe Marty's trying to deflect all the negative attention away from the devils and to him somehow, who knows.

Per TG

Brodeur said that if he decides to play beyond this season, the only way it wouldn't be with Devils is if the team doesn't want him.

there you go guys

That's basically what the quotes in the Post article said. (N)Єverson just made everything sound more convoluted to try and create a story where none existed.

That's basically what the quotes in the Post article said. (N)Єverson just made everything sound more convoluted to try and create a story where none existed.

your post made me remember of this ad

I don't think Brodeur will leave the Devils, he wrote a great legacy not only in the Devils but on the NHL . so why "spoil it " on the very end?

This article was clearly manufactured by the way the questions were asked. Brodeur's not going anywhere. If he has a decent season this year and feels he has enough gas for one last go, Lou will sign him and Marty will play for a significant pay cut. If he has a bad season, he'll retire, there's no way he'll go anywhere. Montreal is the only other place I could imagine him wanting to go and they're not gonna sign him while they have a budding star goalie in Carey Price, what would be the point? And Marty won't do the backup thing, maybe a 1A, 1B thing, but definitely no backup deals.

I foresee him getting back into form this year and while he may not have an outstanding season, it will be a good one and he will resign at very reasonable price for one last season and then he will retire a Devil's legend.

P.S. For those that think Niedermayer doesn't deserve to have his number retired because he finished his career in Anaheim, would this also apply to Brodeur if he were to play somewhere else?

Edited by ATLL765