GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers 7pm

njdevil26

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larsson has looked pretty good so far despite being a little shaky on his feet sometimes but he just needs to play a little more and get some confidence.

Oh, I don't know. I think he looked VERY confident tonight. Very calm, anyway. That's what we've been hearing about him since the draft rankings started to pop out and that's what we can perceive first hand now.

That's the feeling I was getting at least.

a68989b2-961c-79bf.jpg saw Chico on my way out tonight. Got talking and he was telling me that Sykora isn't worth the risk for later in the season. Larsson will most likely make the team and not looking like praise will be coming back.

Cool you met him but I am also glad he is known for being a terrible analyst and judge of talent.

Larsson was very good - not perfect, but who would expect that? It's easy to see that he thinks the game at a very high level and has the physical skills to match.

Sykora got more scoring chances than probably anyone, which is odd, because he really didn't do anything else.

Please, let's never have a Boulton-X-Janssen line again.

Peter Harrold is probably not going to make the team - he didn't have a good game.

Stralman has good offensive ability, I'll be keeping an eye on him for the rest of the preseason - I don't know why this guy is only on a tryout contract with a team stuffed with 3rd pairing D men.

Agreed -- but at least you're in the state of NY! :P

Point. :P And I should have expected it, but it still bugged me. If there's one good thing to come out of it, though, it's that it reminded me I'm supposed to hate the Rangers (and their fans).

See anyone fun in the arena?

I didn't run into anyone from the boards, if that's what you mean. If not, then I have no idea what you mean. Didn't see Chico or Lou or anyone else we might care about. Crowd was real lively, plenty of chants supporting both teams.

I'm always surprised at how cynical Chico is off the record. Always with a smile... but so FAST with his strong opinions. I like that he holds his tongue on air. So is he a jovial realist or does he just protect himself waxing all cynical, sort of not getting his hopes up bracing for the cold truth of it all?

I'm sick of using CAPITALS all the time why do I DO that so MUCH these days?

I'm sooo tired. must... fight.... sleep..... I never go to sleep when I want to... <_<

anyhow -- fun game -- I dont have my hockey eyes yet so I just enjoyed it. but I wont be able to take Rosen anymore... he practically has a bi-lateral lisp when he says Rangers zone... how do you type a bi-lateral lisp? Randgscherschhh jzzchhone ... :noclue:

Rowdy I almost called you by name! Yeah -- I had no one in mind and I wrote that even before I read Giroux's comment

Stralman has good offensive ability, I'll be keeping an eye on him for the rest of the preseason - I don't know why this guy is only on a tryout contract with a team stuffed with 3rd pairing D men.

I hope he plays Friday. Defensive position can be hard to see on TV and so much easier in person, so I'd like to have him and Taormina in Friday to check out.

a68989b2-961c-79bf.jpg saw Chico on my way out tonight. Got talking and he was telling me that Sykora isn't worth the risk for later in the season. Larsson will most likely make the team and not looking like praise will be coming back.

did he explain why he thinks Parise will be gone?? what details did he give

anyone here find Larsson a little bit... too calm ? i mean sometimes he always look like a braindead zombie that happen to make damn great passes lol

i'd just like to see a little bit more emotions and aggressivity eventually

I dunno, that Nick Lidström dude gets by pretty well playing that way.