Ranger Mess

coldply123

Trottier seems to have no control over the big players as usual.

Sather spends more time spending and counting rather then actually doing his job.

Bure gave up on almost every play.

Kasparaitis has lost the idea of playing defense.

Messier seems to have no idea how to pass.

And Richter becomes the swiss cheese special 60 minutes a night.

Holik gets his 45 mil and turns into a cupcake

The Rangers may be cursed

But I dont care

hey, how can you blame slats, toiled in Edmonton for all those years, pinching pennies like nobody else in hockey(not even us) making ends meet as the lowest paid GM in sports

But now he's hit the jackpot, works at the garden, smokes beaconsfield cigars all day, can dissapear into his cottage in the canadian wilderness all summer, only to re-emerge every so often and sign a Holik and a Kasparaitis. It's all a clever ruse.

Bure is trying, but I wouldn't blame him if he gave up with this sad sack bunch, especially Messier. Old man Mess holds a closed door meeting with the players and then proceeds to go out and play like sh!t. Mark......it's time. You're finished

Holik isn't the dominant force he was with us, sort of strange to see him start a season so slowly. He hasn't played poorly but looks lost most of the time. Hasn't contributed offensively at all.

and he himself isn't even running practices

so I'm assuming Shoenfeld is running the practices right? Might as well give him the reigns because Trotts looks like a clueless swindler. I heard he really impressed Sather with this 120 page resume he put together or something. He schemed his way into a nice fat contract :lol:

insanity:

yes, and we're also 5 games into the season.

a little early to declare utter supremacy.

Sure but some people were declaring the Rangers' utter supremacy before the season started :P We can have a little fun if we want...though I'm trying not to have too much fun (publicly) since I don't want to jinx it. It'd be even more delicious if they missed the playoffs this year than any of their other five years, though.

Kasparaitis has lost the idea of playing defense.

Since when was Kaparaitis a solid defensive player. He just runs around all night trying to hurt people with big hits so he can make sportscenter or NHL tonight. Thus further relaying the hoax that he is worth big time money and is a top d man in the league.

After all who needs to play in position?

I watched a good bit of the Rangers game, and the Rangers didn't look awful.

Holik is doing nothing out there, he isn't being given a role and so he can't do anything.. which is why you don't pay a role player 9 million dollars, etc. etc.

One of my favorite plays of the night was seeing Darius Kasparaitis fly into the offensive zone at the end of a power play, with no rhyme or reason, and the Caps got a 2 on 1 the other way. The Rangers should be glad they gave him a 6 year deal.

Anyone notice how decent Salomonsson looked?

From what I hear :) Trottier has next to nothing clue about implementiing anything, and he himself isn't even running practices. I've heard the term "Chinese Fire Drill" to explain their play. Just my contribution

If true, why the hell did the Ranger$ even hire Trottier as HEAD coach?Brilliant move, Slats. :rolleyes:

Holik is doing nothing out there, he isn't being given a role and so he can't do anything.. which is why you don't pay a role player 9 million dollars, etc. etc.

Anyone notice how decent Salomonsson looked?

Too ironic, considering A$$holik has bellyached about how he wants to be "the man". Yet when given an opportunity to do so, he isn't exactly excelling. Maybe he's not nearly as great as he thought he was?? :rolleyes:

Salo has looked decent in the Crapital games I've caught since we lost him on waivers, even if he hasn't lit the world on fire scoring wise. But I guess I'm not allowed to say that since there's a whole bunch of people on this board who insist he's garbage :P .

The last time I saw Bobby get a hat trick I was on Playstation 2. Unless the Rangers get their defense turned around in the next three weeks they'll be dead last in the division behind the Islanders. Oh Wait!! They are already. :):lol::lol: Bobby will be lucky that either Stevens or White doesn't take his head off.

So, was it Bobby that made the Devils good, or was it the Devils that made Bobby good?

Its only been 7 or 8 games for them but the answer seems clear.

I don't necessarily think it was ALL NJ that made Holik look good. Holik has good qualities on his own (not his mouth, obviously). Having said that, it's becoming quite apparent that he DOES probably need a structured environment with the right supporting cast to excel. I guess you could say that for anyone, but I think a player of his caliber needs it more than an Elias type does - Holik just isn't an ELITE player, even if he's a legend in his own mind :lol: .

Rangers goals against is 33 goals now. That is an astounding 23 goals over the Devils. Holey damn! granted they have played 3 more games but that shouldnt amount to 7 goals a game. At this pace the Rangers will have 300 goals against compared to last years 258! To put this in perspective the Thrashers have better defense then the Rangers.