Opening Night White

DaneykoIsGod

Some teams fanbases enjoy that experience at games where the fans are all pulling in 1 direction, and they gladly put the t-shirt on for the game. It seems as if our fanbase is always divided (other than our hatred of the Rangers and Flyers), so it doesn't suprise me that there will be people that flatly refuse to wear white (for whatever reason they have) or put on the t-shirt that is given away that night.

Is it a big deal? Absolutely not, as long as we are all cheering for the same team. But, I think its cool to see a whiteout like Winnepeg/Phoenix and Pittsburgh does. It adds just a little bit extra to that game experience in my opinion, and it's not like the team does this every night.

Hell, we all know the T-shirt is going to be a XXXL anyway, so I'm sure most people can easily put it on over another shirt, jersey, etc. If you choose not to do it, I could truly care less because its your choice. However, it would be nice if our fans started to get on the same page with something.

Going off on a bit of a tangent ... The supporters section is a great idea, and I love the fact that I'll be sitting next to them in Sec. 123 this season. However, after seeing/hearing the group at the Rangers game last Friday, I think a drum of some sort, rather than an airhorn, would be a better instrument to keep the beat for the chants. The airhorn is just waaayyy to slow and puts off the timing of everyone getting in on the chant. Just my 2 cents.

Not to toot my own horn (no pun intended) but as the unofficial horn guy last year, I thought I did a MUCH better job than whoever was doing it on friday.

I hate when that happens too, but don't know how to thumbnail it.

Any help?

I usually post photos from my Photobucket account and there is an option there to post a thumbnail or re-size the picture. Thanks for trying. :)

I miss home whites and I am not going near weight posts. lol

I hate when that happens too, but don't know how to thumbnail it.

Any help?

What Dew said works, but the board is supposed to automatically thumbnail large images. However, it's broken in this version of the board software. :doh1: There is an update that fixes it, though.

That's the kind of thing i am talking about right there. It's that entire attitude of "what are they gonna do to me?" or "you can't force me". What's wrong with just doing your part in trying to participate in a unifying effort for a night and not caring what anyone else does? If it makes someone feel better they can put the jersey back on after and go play grab ass at the bars.

yo stop acting like we are in a high school cheer squad. this situation is not at all that close to the autographs at the bbq because there, you are essentially annoying the players. in the stands your cheering, and thats what its about.

you said earlier that, "its called team spirit." and no, there are PLENTY of other ways to show it. so if there are some dark shirts in the crowd, the team isnt gonna do as good? give me a break its not that big of a deal

yo stop acting like we are in a high school cheer squad. this situation is not at all that close to the autographs at the bbq because there, you are essentially annoying the players. in the stands your cheering, and thats what its about.

you said earlier that, "its called team spirit." and no, there are PLENTY of other ways to show it. so if there are some dark shirts in the crowd, the team isnt gonna do as good? give me a break its not that big of a deal

Yo...it's obviously going over your head here and it makes no sense to explain it to you any further in any capacity.

Well, sometimes the "lifer" positions many seem to have been bestowed with can weigh heavy :giggle:

That could be it.

You should also hear how many times I hear people look at their table, read their stuff and then walk away and I hear them say to their friends/families "I have to pay $20 a year to be part of the fan club?!"

I hope the people handing out the t shirts that if they see flyers fans do NOT give them a shirt...

In 2003 we had white games and everyone wore white, and the team went on to win the cup....... Home teams should be wearing white.Devils havent won a cup since they switched.

Don't fret Dew, the Fan Club meetings will begin soon and you can be in like company with the other crotchity members :cheers:

Haha is that how their meetings are? I see them at their table at the games all the time and they never look happy.

Children say the darnedest things.

Gee, thanks pal lol. Meh, i'm sure she'll be back again to continue her grudge sometime down the road.

Lol did I miss something? I am on here VIA my phone and stardew is just coming off as crotchity. Is she the one who wears a ton of pins on her jersey?

But what do I know as I am at most 17 right? Lol

Lol did I miss something? I am on here VIA my phone and stardew is just coming off as crotchity. Is she the one who wears a ton of pins on her jersey?

But what do I know as I am at most 17 right? Lol

It's an old issue from awhile back. She's just in this thread for me that's all and i probably should just ignore her in all honesty. Hey, now you might be lucky enough to make her list! lol.

She's not the pin lady, but does anyone have the pic of that person wearing all those pins? My God, that has to be uncomfortable.

Edited by SJP20

I hope the people handing out the t shirts that if they see flyers fans do NOT give them a shirt...

It won't even matter. The Flyers fans will wear their obnoxious orange and stick out badly while everyone else is wearing white. I just hope the TV cameras don't show the crowd too much as we'll look silly with what will probably be a bunch of orange jerseys sticking out. I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.

It won't even matter. The Flyers fans will wear their obnoxious orange and stick out badly while everyone else is wearing white. I just hope the TV cameras don't show the crowd too much as we'll look silly with what will probably be a bunch of orange jerseys sticking out. I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.

This is exactly what will happen in lower bowl that will be seen on TV. 100 and 200 level will be all white! I guarentee it!