Sather: "We will be carrying the Stanley Cup"

jagknife

I didn't see this in the other thread, not sure how any of us let it go without being at least acknowledged...

Sorry if I'm being juvenile but I found this to be hysterical.

A GM who hasn't delivered jack since arriving in NY other than a handful of crap contracts and a pretty good set of prospects really shouldn't be gauranteeing anything, let alone the Stanley Cup and a World Series [he added, "Just like the Yankees will win the world series"]

I'm sure it was in the heat of the moment and a probably taken by me out of context as I was only able to read about this via Twittter and Kevin Allen's USA Today article, but that's perfect bulletin board material right there for the rest of the NHL.

Edited by jagknife

More Ranjerks hot air. What have they done since 94? Bring teams of primadonnas together who don't know how to complete a season as a team. Not saying we have done stellar, but the philosophy is whats on the front of the jersey first, that's a motto the rangers don't seem to live up to which is why they fail. All we need to do is have our prospects and guys who 'look good in camp' have it carry over to the regular season, and not peak too early and we'll be fine. The goal playing those blowhards is to have Queen Henry pouting on his throne when he gets pulled, and make Avery look like a fool (which isn't really that hard)

Our team's mindset has always been more workmanlike than them, not so flashy which is why all they can do is whine about our 'trap' and how its 'killing the game' - i'd rather see a low scoring affair and win than a high scoring one and lose, don't get me wrong, nothing is better than blowing out a marquee team and rubbing it in their face.

Lmfao, classic stuff right there. The only way the Rangers will be carrying anything resembling the Cup in the near future is if they order one of those replicas from NHL.com.

eh, too small for them to feed a horse oats out of, thus damaging it. those idiots. They wouldn't know what to do with the cup if they won it.

I LOVE whatshisface's scream! Hysterical! Man I forgot his name. I listen to talk of the nation wednesdays just to hear it! Howard Dean! Poor idiot. One scream

Ahhhh. 1million on Antiques Rd show. It's my husband. It was he'll when Buffy was on against antiques rd show. But I digress..... From my digression. What was this thread about. :unsure:

More Ranjerks hot air. What have they done since 94? Bring teams of primadonnas together who don't know how to complete a season as a team. Not saying we have done stellar,

If you're talking about since 94...we've won three cups since then and only missed the playoffs twice. That's pretty stellar.

Chill out guys, he was just busting Flyers' balls. Here's the video of the good natured "trash talk" he did there:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=124834&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

Nothing to put our panties in a bunch about.

However, I can just imagine how they turn it into a "guarantee" if they somehow win the Cup a rain of meteors destroys all NHL arenas except the Garden and they get awarded the Cup this season. :giggle:

If you're talking about since 94...we've won three cups since then and only missed the playoffs twice. That's pretty stellar.

well, i was thinking within the past couple years, but i'm sure that's what some of the resident doubting thomases will use to poke holes in why we're not exactly dominating them. Totally agree they talk sh!t but never put their money where their mouth is. Every year it's Lunqvist this and Avery that and Duby this. Ok....and...? What has it gotten them every year? Just more replaying of Messier's seizure - the ONE moment of glory they have to hold on to. It's like that tool on the Concert for NY who was talking smack about NJ, he started with a rant about the Devils and then the guy interviewing him was like "um, didn't they win the cup the next year? and 2 more after?" and the douche was totally speechless and changed the subject. All while dressed in a blue skirt. That's the attitude all Rangers fans have toward Devils fans: "'94 this, '94 that" then all you gotta say is "...and?" and bring up our 3 cups since, that's all you need to win an argument against them, they have no comeback for that, no trump card! That's what makes it sweeter every time we beat them.:gd:

Chill out guys, he was just busting Flyers' balls. Here's the video of the good natured "trash talk" he did there:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=124834&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

Nothing to put our panties in a bunch about.

However, I can just imagine how they turn it into a "guarantee" if they somehow win the Cup a rain of meteors destroys all NHL arenas except the Garden and they get awarded the Cup this season. :giggle:

To be fair, I did say "I might be taking this out of context"

Either way, its fuel for the fire! :burn:

Lmfao, classic stuff right there. The only way the Rangers will be carrying anything resembling the Cup in the near future is if they order one of those replicas from NHL.com.

Or schedule another jersey retirement ceremony. And 2014 is just around the corner, so I'm sure some "20th anniversary of continued celebration of the Cup we won in '94" is already in the works.

The only way they will be carrying the cup is if the NHL and Betman decided they dont want to present it at the end of the playoffs to the winning team, and ask the Rangers to do it instead.

Lets face it they will have the whole off season to practice their carrying and handing over skills.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add on to the Rangers hate real quick here. I had the Rags game on MSG and they have this "Best of Henrik Lundqvist's Saves" or something like that. These amazing saves included two showstoppers against elite snipers named Andrew Peters and Matt Cooke lololololol. This made me laugh really hard and I had to share it with someone, so that's about it. Hope you guys can enjoy this a little bit.