GDT: 9/29 New Jersey @ Philadelphia

puckrock

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flyers really do look pretty decent. I think they will be powerful this year. Either way Devils looked pretty good tonight. Again its only pre-season and there are obviously kinks that need to be worked out.

With what Lou and Deboer saw tonight, there will be some big cuts in the next few days. Expect a "cleaner" roster Saturday.

Edited by Quinn01

Our PK is horrible. Brad Mills tried to pick a pass that never came and looked foolish, and Strahlman and Tallinder are way too soft around the net. Come on guys. Parise has been invisible as well, and our offense is a literally predictable with all the slapshots. Not a bad performance at all but needs work. Vintage Marty for the win.

I didn't think Stralman played a bad game other than that Jagr goal. It was the only time I saw him make a mistake. While Larson looks like the best offensive defenseman on the team, I saw him make 2-3 big positional mistakes that lead to odd man chances and one that was almost a breakaway. I think Larson will make the team for his offensive abilities right now; not really for his ability to be sound defensivelly. At times he looks great defensively, but he looks like he needs to get used to some things first.

I thought Kovalchuk was absolutely terrible tonight. Some may disagree, but I thought he dragged that line down. He had to have doubled anyone on the team in turnovers. I'm starting to become very disappointed in his inconsistancy. Even when Parise has an off game offensively, he always plays sound in the other two zones.

I also think Parise and Elias need Zubrus on that line. He's big, can protect the puck, and is a decent playmaker. Plus I think we might be able to get some scoring depth from Sykora on the 3rd line.

From what I've seen from Henrique, He looks ready to do some damage, but I don't know who his wingers would be. Clarkson, Sykora, and Tedenby are all possibles. It will be interesting to see who makes up that 3rd line.

Overall, not bad, but losses are never really good. I think it's important that this team wins the next two games, no matter who is in the line-up. This team has shown that they can have confidence issues. Losing is not something they want to get used to.

Edited by The Facepainter

Marty looked vintage.

Parise-Elias-Sykora exploded out of the gate, but really slowed down after the 1st intermission. Veilleux-Steckel-Bernier might have been our most consistent line for the majority of the game. Veilleux definitely made up for his bonehead fight against Avery.

Larsson makes rookie mistakes, but also makes veteran plays. I don't like him with Greene. Pair him with someone more experienced and apt to cover those rookie flubs. This would have been a perfect assignment for Paul Martin.

I weep for our RW depth without Zubrus in the picture.

The entire team had terrible turnovers it seemed. Flyers' pressure was too much.

Fair enough; I definitely agree.

I didn't think Stralman played a bad game other than that Jagr goal. It was the only time I saw him make a mistake. While Larson looks like the best offensive defenseman on the team, I saw him make 2-3 big positional mistakes that lead to odd man chances and one that was almost a breakaway. I think Larson will make the team for his offensive abilities right now; not really for his ability to be sound defensivelly. At times he looks great defensively, but he looks like he needs to get used to some things first.

I definitely agree about Larsson. WRT Stralman, there were a few bad turnovers he had during the game that I pointed out to my friend, I just don't remember the specifics of them anymore. Sometimes I write stuff like that down to reference, but I didn't last night because I wasn't home when watching the game.

The entire team had terrible turnovers it seemed. Flyers' pressure was too much.

Reminded me of how the Devils have looked in recent playoff series. Two steps slower than the opposition.