A question that's been bugging me for a while..

Devilsfan118

So, semi-random question here:

I've noticed for the past few years (at least) that there seems to be someone whistling as every Devils power play winds down. As in, someone is whistling to let the players on the ice know that the power play is about to end and the opponent player is about to step out of the box.

Who is the whistler?? Is it a player?

As an example:

@1:33 into that video, you can hear it right before Kovalchuk blasts home the pass from Larsson

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

Learn something new every day.

Now to get him to lead the "Rangers Suck!" chant...

you know i'm a big proponent of NOT doing the chant when we aren't playing the Rangers, but, seriously, if Marty were to do this during a Devils Rangers game I would just die laughing!

So wait, he literally flips up his mask and whistles during the game? Or is he one of those very skilled people who can whistle loudly without their fingers.. I've never even noticed this, but I'll be looking tonight because we all know there will be tons of penalties

So wait, he literally flips up his mask and whistles during the game? Or is he one of those very skilled people who can whistle loudly without their fingers.. I've never even noticed this, but I'll be looking tonight because we all know there will be tons of penalties

He just does whistles without his fingers, doesn't have to life his mask up or anything. You can even hear it on tv all the time too.