Sean Avery Clears Waivers

Quinn01

Tortorella on NHL.com:

"I think we have better players than Sean Avery, plain and simple," Tortorella said. "I can dodge it 10 different ways without trying to run Sean over -- I thought he had a good camp, but I think the makeup of our team and some of the people we've added and some of the youth we've added as far as depth put Sean in this spot. I wish him good luck in everything, but we've gone by that. I think we're a better club. The players that are here are better than Sean Avery. They're more versatile in a lot of different areas."

Really? I know Avery is not a good fit for them, and yes there are many players better than him, but are they really that good this year? any better than recent seasons?

I guess it's just the nice way of saying "we dumped that goon before he could damage the team chemistry"

Yeah Avery and Kovalchuk don't get along, I guess that goes back to Avery in LA and Kovy in Atlanta (?)

Was fun watching Kovy beat the crap out of him. Now maybe Avery can go back to designing handbags, or man-purses or european shoulder bags or whatever fashionista stuff he does. (isn't it some metrosexual clothing line or something):unsure:

I almost wished NY didn't waive him because I just want to see this guy get abused like this everytime we play him

From LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/11631/rumblings-averys-next-step-turris-progress-doans-future-in-the-desert

The New York Rangers assigned him to AHL Connecticut on Wednesday, which, as a matter of due process, was a must.

The question is, where will he end up for good this season? His agent, Pat Morris, told ESPN.com on Wednesday he was in talks with clubs in Sweden, Switzerland and Russia.

Whatever deal Morris ends up negotiating for his client, the Rangers must sign off on it because they will officially "loan" the player to a European club. That's if and when a deal is actually reached with a European club.

According to this guy:

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2011/10/5/2470223/new-york-rangers-place-sean-avery-on-waivers-dallas-stars-salary-cap

Avery leaving the NHL means the Stars are under the cap floor by $300,000 (since they were on the hook for half Avery's salary). Since they are at the 50 contract limit they also can't simply sign someone. His solution: Call up Brad Lukowich.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman