Best Devil-related Quotes

Jerrydevil

That Lemieux one is real good. How about Gretzky calling the Devils a "Mickey Mouse organization."

Yeah, but Wayne followed it up with an even more gracious one when he heard NJ was upset: "Geez, you'd think I insulted Miss Newark or something."

Captain Scott Stevens: "It's not over yet. We have to look at it as one game at a time, starting tomorrow."

Bobby Holik: "There is no desperation. I think the best way to describe it is determination. I don't think we have to do anything differently, we just have to play 60 minutes the way we are capable of playing. We just have to be more focused and disciplined."

Scott Niedermayer: "There is no choice, we have to go out and leave it all on the ice."

Coach Larry Robinson: "It's beyond me, that if you consider yourself a winner, how you can go out and not give everything. You can't leave anything on the table."

Toronto coach Pat Burns on the return to form of Doug Gilmour, "Dougie's back to his old self. He's even taking dumb penalties at the end of the game."

Devils Mike Peluso on New Jersey meeting Detroit for the first time after last years playoffs, This is like Dallas and San Francisco meeting in the NFC final. It's what everybody lives for, although we don't have Deion Sanders yet."

Devils Mike Peluso on the Stanley Cup tattoo on his upper left arm. He went to a tattoo artist in Alaska and, "I gave him too pictures, and he had me give him a $100 deposit so I wouldn't chicken out. It took two hours and it really hurt. I started thinking it was a good thing Mark Messier didn't get one every time he won a Cup."

madden: "Why dont you ask bobby, he seems to know all the answers"

mckenzie on holik: "we gotta get a bell for him, he's like a wrecking ball"

madden: hey ace(2001 conference finals, madden screams this to mario lemiueux, and lemieux gives him a perfect pass, lemieux gets really pissed)

Since we're doing so many Claude quotes here's another one, this took place right after Claude's divorce from wife #1 became final.

Claude & Benoit Hogue (who don't like each other) are fighting for the puck near the Devs bench.

Claude says, "Why don't you get down on the ice & push the puck along with your nose?"

Hogue replies, "How's your wife?"

Devs bench answers (almost in unison), "Very rich!"

I don't know if you all heard this story, but right before Ftorek got fired he was giving a "motivational speech" in the locker room in which he put the letters....mW on the drawing board.

He then went around the room asking all the players if they knew what it meant. Of course nobody had a clue, so finally a furious Ftorek shouted at the players "It stands for the little me and the big We."

I think the article on this was in sports illustrated or maybe tsn. Either way it had me on the floor when I read it.