Tedenby struck by puck in practice, Slavador anxious

Legion15

Devils winger Mattias Tedenby hurriedly left the ice when he appeared to be struck in the side of the head by a puck during a dump-in pass as the team practiced at AmeriHealth Pavilion today.

Tedenby was in severe pain as he was assisted off the ice and hurried to the dressing room. He was taken to the hospital for stitches.

It appeared Tedenby would not return to practice.

CRAAAP!:angry:

in lighter news...

Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador did not play a single regular season game in 2010-11.

So, as the opening of this season nears, Salvador admits he is feeling excitement and some nervousness about getting started.

nj.com story

Concussion is what I'd be worried about with Tedenby

I don't know. None of the reports indicate any sort of immediate concussion symptoms (blacking out, dizziness, etc), just that he was cut and in a lot of pain. Also TG mentioned it was a dump in, so it couldn't have been that hard of a shot. Probably just hit him the wrong way and gave him a nasty cut.

Edited by Amberite

I don't know. None of the reports indicate any sort of immediate concussion symptoms (blacking out, dizziness, etc), just that he was cut and in a lot of pain. Also TG mentioned it was a dump in, so it couldn't have been that hard of a shot. Probably just hit him the wrong way and gave him a nasty cut.

Thats not necessarily true. You can also slap the puck around the boards to dump it in.

Thats not necessarily true. You can also slap the puck around the boards to dump it in.

Even going around the boards, the puck has much less velocity and force than a straight up slap shot. I'm not sure if it would be enough to cause a concussion. Anyways, TG said Tedenby will be just fine, so there's no issue.