Angry with Devils Sales Department

Scoopscj

I just received my letter today from the NJ Devils regarding my rewards for being a new season ticket holder. In the letter it explained that my club seats one game perk are for the San Jose game and they are an upgrade not an additional ticket. I am shocked and angry that what I was told and what I will receive are two entirely different things. I attended the Supporters meeting in the summer where I met many fans and ticket representatives who explained some of the perks for buying a full season tickets. I specifically asked about the 'club seats' perk. I asked my ticket representative the following questions, "Are these upgraded seats or additional seats?" I was told they were additional seats and was then told I could even sell those tickets in the secondary market to help defer the cost of my season tickets. I responded, "Great because I don't want to buy supporters tickets and then have to sit in the club seats because it defeats the purpose of being in the supporters section." I then asked about what game I could get for the club seats. I was told by my ticket salesman that I could choose any game I wanted. Now I read in a letter that I've been assigned a game that I didn't choose and that the tickets are an upgrade, not additional tickets like I was told during the sales pitch. I feel very angry and upset that I was lied to. If this is how they treat new customers you can bet you won't have much repeat business.

Anybody told this as well?

Scoops

lol I was wondering about the club seat thing since I, too got that as my 'perk' for getting season tickets (along with a signed Clarkson signed puck). I didn't get the letter you did but my mail doesn't tend to arrive till later in the day.

On my form it says it's an upgrade, like you I assumed they would have been additional tickets - I never asked, but I guess the difference between upgrade and additional tickets isn't just semantics for them. Now I hope this upgrade ISN'T for one of the premier games (or a game I wasn't planning to go to) and I'd wind up either not being able to resell my tickets for a popular game or not being able to use the club seats if they were for a game I wasn't going to.

And I was originally told I was 'probably' going to get a choice of games based on availabilty but got assigned an sth rep a few days back and he told me that I'd have one picked for me so that isn't a surprise at least. If you were told specifically that you could resell the tickets then you have a justifiable gripe but sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the sales department.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It really should have been an elected award... a drawing for the gift cards, etc... and then a tiered selection for the club seat experience... like rivalry games, weekends, etc. or a souvenir selection in lieu of a ticket swap - if you don't want to "upgrade" out of the supporters section, etc.

So are we all getting the same game then lol...if we're only allowed to 'upgrade' I wonder what happens if we sell our regular seats before then? :P

Obviously this is an upgrade not additional tickets, but can I still sell this pair as club seats or am I the only one that can use the upgrade?

I doubt there's any way they could 'stop' you from selling seats you have, though you might not be able to list them on TicketExchange. I'm not even sure how they could stop you from selling your own seats to recoup some money though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No response from the Devils. Part of me wants to just go to the club game and throw away as much of the food as possible... sadly I'm not like that but the evil thought is in my head.

They probably didn't get your message yet cause it's the weekend. Your best bet would be to find a rep at tomorrows game or give them a call on Tuesday.

Edited by Satans Hockey

No response from the Devils. Part of me wants to just go to the club game and throw away as much of the food as possible... sadly I'm not like that but the evil thought is in my head.

That doesn't hurt the Devils, it only hurts the other ticket holders who either paid for their tickets in good faith or actually want to use their FREE club seats. I don't understand how free club seats are such an inconvenience, yeah it sucks you can't pick your own date but geez, it's not something they had to give you either.

ridiculous comment.

And you're not hurting the devils by doing such an act (even though i think your joking).

The reason the club seats ticket pricing is so high is because a portion of the cost goest to Center Plate or Aramark (whomever does the food concessions at the rock).

So throwing away food has no impact on the Devils whatsoever.

Furthermore, is seems like you are the only person who received this perk has a problem with it.

Upgrade does not mean "in addition".

Maybe the rep mispoke cut him/her a break.

It's a nice added benefit so enjoy the game and enjoy the upgrade.

I'm 32 years old and somehow i got stuck with the Zamboni ride.

You think i wanted that prize?

Just think about all the fans on the board that would LOVE just to be able to have season tickets.

Put it in perspective.

Dude, I got the same pretty much the same exact sales pitch. The clubs were in addition to, not an upgrade, and I was told I could pick any game for my clubs, barring the Rangers games. I chose not to purchase, but that was clearly the offer.

So did anyone find out for sure that you can't sell your regular seats for the club game? I sold my regular pair for the Sharks game last week, and I'd be ticked if I got screwed out of my upgrade because of a sale before I knew when the upgrade would be. I still haven't gotten my letter BTW.