DEVILS FANS ATTENDING THE GAME

soulartist23

Everyone, I ask you, any and every Devils fan at the game, to rally together to protect home ice tonight.

There are going to be a load of Flyer fans at the game and the 50+ people in the 122 section are going to have a hard time drowning them out by ourselves.

PLEASE, do not become quieted, winning or losing. HAVE SOME SWAGGER! Chant and yell with us.

We NEED TO STAND TOGETHER.

Together, we can DROWN THEM OUT.

We cannot let THEM have their way. Don’t be afraid of being yelled at “for being too loud” and don’t be afraid of those orange jerseys:

THIS IS OUR HOME ARENA. LET’S PROTECT IT.

LET’S GO DEVILS

Is this about the atmosphere at The Rock tonight (and all season long), or, as hurricane mentioned, another desperate plea for fans to support the 'supporters section'?

There have been two vocal, passionate sections for decades - 208 and 233 (formerly 217 and 228 at CAA) - fans who supported the team through wins and losses (including all of last year, not just a few games that the front office wanted to unload seats for) - and fans who didn't need official recognition and a sign and constant jumbotron coverage. The 208 and 233 regulars worked their way to being the 'go-to' sections of the arena for passion, they didn't just beg the front office, and other fans, to recognize them.

I definitely believe that the 'supporter section' adds a much needed vocal section on the Taste of Newark side of the building, but the constant need to promote that section is getting old - they need to earn a reputation for themselves by action, not online pleading and help from the front office.

Bottom line - every Devils fan in attendance tonight (and all season long) needs to be vocal in maintaining home ice advantage regardless of where they sit.

• Like 1

I was totally disappointed with the "Diablos".

First, I thought there would be way more of them.

Second, they didn't seem any louder or into the game than everyone else. I agree with a prior post. I think they need to earn their reputation like the Yankees "bleacher creatures". Disappointed with the product on the ice as well as the work of the Diablos

No offense, but it actually bothered me that the Supporters or "Diablos" didn't even wear white. There were only a handful in that section donning the white, let alone the free shirts.

Sorry, its pretty petty, but if you're going to call yourself the official supporters, you better support what the team's trying to get going.

• Like 3

No offense, but it actually bothered me that the Supporters or "Diablos" didn't even wear white. There were only a handful in that section donning the white, let alone the free shirts.

Sorry, its pretty petty, but if you're going to call yourself the official supporters, you better support what the team's trying to get going.

i agree completely.

i don't want to totally sh!t on them but for a group that held meetings, practiced chants and sold this idea to management they were a complete flop.

Maybe I was expecting too much but i totally thought there would be way more Diablos than 3-4 rows of the entire section.

this team has a lot bigger issues than section 122.

the product on the ice was an absolute disgrace tonight.

i know its only game 1 but this lineup has more holes than swiss cheese.

the lack of effort really irritates me

i agree completely.

i don't want to totally sh!t on them but for a group that held meetings, practiced chants and sold this idea to management they were a complete flop.

Maybe I was expecting too much but i totally thought there would be way more Diablos than 3-4 rows of the entire section.

this team has a lot bigger issues than section 122.

the product on the ice was an absolute disgrace tonight.

i know its only game 1 but this lineup has more holes than swiss cheese.

the lack of effort really irritates me

practiced chants?? what grown men actually practice chants?? and they product is what we saw last night?? smh..

I heard the vuvuzela on tv a lot last night. Problem is, the dude still only knows the syncopation notes to open the overly used, sometimes annoying, almost as annoying as Rocky Top, "Lets go Dev-ils" chant. Admittedly, I do like the one chant that ends with Rangers suck and Flyers swallow.

the supporters section sucked.

the banner or whatever was on the wall is nice (though the name is a joke).

i dont have tickets there, not that it would make a difference...the 10 or so people that actually went to all of them last year dont have seasons in the section so it was fairly obvious there would be something to be desired.

i mean i was smashed but i don't remember hearing anything from that section...

Everyone, I ask you, any and every Devils fan at the game, to rally together to protect home ice tonight.

There are going to be a load of Flyer fans at the game and the 50+ people in the 122 section are going to have a hard time drowning them out by ourselves.

lol there were about 50+ Flyer fans in the whole arena last night. The only time there's ever been a noticeable Flyer fan invasion at the Rock was Game 5 a couple years back and even then it was only like 25%.

I wasn't at the game last night and I couldn't get season tickets because I can't make almost all of the games this year. I just got done watching the game this morning and was disappointed to hear how silent it was in the 3rd period(yes I know the team sucked but that never stopped us from being loud before) I haven't been in contact with anyone in the Devils office(and none of them have been in contact with me) and I had no idea they even named them the "Diablos" I haven't had anything to do with the section since last season ended.

I can't make it to a lot of the games this season so there isn't much I can really do about trying to improve things.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I wasn't at the game last night and I couldn't get season tickets because I can't make almost all of the games this year. I just got done watching the game this morning and was disappointed to hear how silent it was in the 3rd period(yes I know the team sucked but that never stopped us from being loud before) I haven't been in contact with anyone in the Devils office(and none of them have been in contact with me) and I had no idea they even named them the "Diablos" I haven't had anything to do with the section since last season ended.

I can't make it to a lot of the games this season so there isn't much I can really do about trying to improve things.

Like I said before, the "core" of people that were there last season are not in 122 this year. Section has taken a different direction, more organized chants/songs and stuff that likely won't catch on to other parts of the arena. I wish them all the best but you don't want to see such a weak showing because you know if this fails, they will never try it again.

Is this about the atmosphere at The Rock tonight (and all season long), or, as hurricane mentioned, another desperate plea for fans to support the 'supporters section'?

There have been two vocal, passionate sections for decades - 208 and 233 (formerly 217 and 228 at CAA) - fans who supported the team through wins and losses (including all of last year, not just a few games that the front office wanted to unload seats for) - and fans who didn't need official recognition and a sign and constant jumbotron coverage. The 208 and 233 regulars worked their way to being the 'go-to' sections of the arena for passion, they didn't just beg the front office, and other fans, to recognize them.

I definitely believe that the 'supporter section' adds a much needed vocal section on the Taste of Newark side of the building, but the constant need to promote that section is getting old - they need to earn a reputation for themselves by action, not online pleading and help from the front office.

Bottom line - every Devils fan in attendance tonight (and all season long) needs to be vocal in maintaining home ice advantage regardless of where they sit.

I was part of it last year, and I don't remember any begging of the front office for official recognition. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was the Devils that came to us and offered the official recognition and unexpectedly gave us free tickets for one or two games. No offense, but from a reader's perspective that post just reeks of bitterness.

And I agree with you 100% that everyone there needs to make themselves a part of the atmosphere, not just one official loud section, not two unofficial loud sections, every section. It is disheartening to see so many people just sitting there with their hands on their lap all game long. Why even bother going to the game then? How could it be worth your money to just sit there like that? I don't get it, maybe someday we will have a nice home rink atmosphere.

Yep, as expected we had a great grassroots thing going and the Devils took it over and dragged it into the ground. Seems like a lot of us who were part of it last year were left out by their decision to make it season tickets only.

I told them several times it was essential to keep at least 1 row open to allow different people into the group and that would be how it would naturally expand. Plus not everyone can make it out to every game for several different reasons and factors. And let's be honest here, it's not like that row or two wouldn't be open on most nights anyway. They lack common sense.

I told them several times it was essential to keep at least 1 row open to allow different people into the group and that would be how it would naturally expand. Plus not everyone can make it out to every game for several different reasons and factors. And let's be honest here, it's not like that row or two wouldn't be open on most nights anyway. They lack common sense.

Yea I said the same thing to my ticket rep. Of course it wasn't his decision but he said he would forward it to whoever was in charge of it, but either he didn't bother or the guy didn't care or didn't agree with us on that being the way to go. Unfortunate.

I was part of it last year, and I don't remember any begging of the front office for official recognition. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was the Devils that came to us and offered the official recognition and unexpectedly gave us free tickets for one or two games. No offense, but from a reader's perspective that post just reeks of bitterness.

And I agree with you 100% that everyone there needs to make themselves a part of the atmosphere, not just one official loud section, not two unofficial loud sections, every section. It is disheartening to see so many people just sitting there with their hands on their lap all game long. Why even bother going to the game then? How could it be worth your money to just sit there like that? I don't get it, maybe someday we will have a nice home rink atmosphere.

Cause you are right, we never begged for anything. I sent them an email asking them to give us the back of a section to let us stand/chant. They said yes and that was that. All the stuff the front office did was because they wanted to do it.

The bottom line is that whoever is in the section now has to pick up the ball and run with it to make it work. Being quiet no matter how many goals we are down doesn't accomplish that. It's only game 1 but I'm hoping to see it get better.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

The crowd was great last night. There were lots of loud sections - the Flyer fans got shut down despite their winning. and there were very few Flyer fans there -- it was awesome.

Some of you guys just have to lighten up. I love the people that quietly enjoy a hockey game. they follow closely they enjoy the game they stay for all three periods and make smart comments about the game to each other. Not everyone CAN scream a full 60 minutes much less all through commercial breaks and time outs.... so we should kick them all out because they aren't loud enough for you. I was also pleased that there was no mass exodus on goal 3 -- a few people got up but they looked foolish and you could tell by the way they looked around defensively they felt foolish as well.

It was a great start I hope it's not just a special home opener crowd. Give people slack you guys -- players and observers alike. Everyone's dissatisfaction ALREADY is just ... well it's not fun makes me think I guess people don't want Devils to have fans.

Edited by Pepperkorn