41 members have voted

1. 1. The New Jersey Devils will...

• Win in regulation.
    • Lose in regulation.
    • Win in OT.
    • Lose in OT.
    • Win in SO.
    • Lose in SO.

Now THAT was a win. Shootout or not, the Devils deserved the two points. Just as encouraging as the actual comeback is the fact they've played progressively better in each game.

how fvckin good are zach and kovy in the shootout, hahaha

Kovy's getting better at this shootout thing. If he's a legit threat in the skills competition now, combine him with Zach and two goalies both terrific in the shootout and that's a lot of extra points you can pick up.

Edited by NJDevs4978

eventually people will realize this is a real good team. they smashed nashville. weber and suter held their own, but everyone else was dominated.

larsson's first not good game, hopefully they hold him out of a practice or two and get him healthy.

kovalchuk's line was dominant, kovalchuk was all over the ice - 8 shots on goal.

i like the way deboer is doing things here, with his line changes

Now that I know I'm wrong, Clarkson scored game tying goal and also the fact that I said if we don't score before the third period we'll lose. I admit I'm wrong. Too bad I blew all my predicitons tonight. I'm sorry everyone. I"m really a Flyers fan, sorry to disappoint with this badass name of DevsMan84. GL I shall be leaving now and never post again. I sir....am a bitch.

Best quote of the night. Told you, you were wrong. Have fun. We'll chat another time I'm sure.

On a better note: Great win...had a fun time with everyone tonight. LET'S GO DEVILS!!!! 3-1-0!!!! WOOOO

eventually people will realize this is a real good team. they smashed nashville. weber and suter held their own, but everyone else was dominated.

larsson's first not good game, hopefully they hold him out of a practice or two and get him healthy.

kovalchuk's line was dominant, kovalchuk was all over the ice - 8 shots on goal.

If they prove they're a good team again, then people will 'realize' it. But they have to prove it, after a year and a half of mediocrity. A good month this month will go a long way towards that because of the schedule (not to mention it'll represent a carryover from the finish last year).

The five-day break should help Larsson and Marty. I have no issues with DeBoer so far, and like the fact he went against the grain and chose to go first in the shootout the other night. Wasn't too crazy about the timeout with four seconds left cause it gave the Preds time to set up a play but eh, if he didn't call it Trotz probably would have anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 shots is the exact thing you want from your shooter. overall i thought he played a great game. he attacked well, always had that shot on full speed. and of course had a nice and patient shootout goal

How about Moose. :burn: :burn: :moose:

blocking 2 shoot-out last game, one penalty shoot tonight plus one shoot-out tonight.

Great win coming from behind, and Pekke Rinne jus robing us every oportunity.

moose was an animal, literally. two unfortunate goals (especially that very nice deflection to the top shelf) but overall he had a great game... again.

wins like this get us so excited.. this is what I love to see!!! could not have asked for a better game

If they prove they're a good team again, then people will 'realize' it. But they have to prove it, after a year and a half of mediocrity. A good month this month will go a long way towards that because of the schedule (not to mention it'll represent a carryover from the finish last year).

if you are going to artificially limit the time periods being talked about, you should mention the dominant play down the stretch last year. that happened.

also this is a way different team than the team that opened the 2009-10 season - more than half the players who played tonight weren't on that team.

Great game tonight. All the lines looked good.

Kovy looked 100 times better than he looked last game.

As far as Clarkson scoring, let's be honest it was Tedenby's beautiful set up. Clarkson's shot wasn't even good, he got lucky and it slid under Rinne. I'm ok with Clarkson playing on the third line, but there's no reason for him to be on the first power play unit, taking face offs, or out there in OT.

That's the only problem I have with DeBoer so far. Almost everybody gets OT time. Just shuffle your best players. Parise and Elias got 2 shifts in OT. They started and didn't get on again until under 2 minutes left. There is absolutely no reason why Clarkson should be on the ice in OT and taking face offs in OT. :doh1:

Pretty impressive for Parise and Kovy to make a goalie of Rinne's caliber look silly on those shoot out goals.