Devs to honor Doc

MadDog2020

On Steve's behalf: He's a good play by play man. But just as the Devils have spoiled us with so many years of greatness, we've also been spoiled with the best announcer in the business. Give Steve some time. Maybe he'll be the next great one. Things like this take time.

• Like 1

Exactly what I noticed.

He's trying, certainly seems to be trying to improve his play-by-play. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll get better over time.

He's got a great role model -- and Doc is there for advise and stuff too. He's REALLY lucky to have Chico too. Chico's kindness is just such a relaxing thing. He's his wacky self with strong opinions -- but he never overpowers anyone and never tries to make someone feel stupid like all the other announcers out there seem to.

For me all the macho announcers ruin everything. They want to feel so smart that you dont even get to follow the game -- you follow THEM bitching and hollering about the game <_< They remind me of the biggest jerkoffs on a message board.

I would doubt it, but I do think he'll end up talking with chico and steve in the booth at some point during the game

You never know. It will be Vancouver in town that night, you know VERSUS likes to air a lot of their games. Plus it could potentially be a Brodeur/Luongo matchup. Don't be surprised if this game is a last-minute addition to the VERSUS lineup.