GDT: San Jose Sharks @ New Jersey Devils 7PM MSG+ 10/21/2011

Coorslight

fvck that sucked.. i really felt we played really well the entire game (except for the giveaways that ended in goals).

That shootout was a perfect example of how parise should have just gone back to the forehand after his typical wristshot-backhand combo

well as chico said after parise missed in the shootout, "its a cat and mouse game". Me and the wife looked at each other, said "WTF" and i knew that was a sign it was over. Played well i thought though, San Jose is a tough team so i cant feel too let down. Also during the game i noticed Cangolosi said "and San Jose is on the way" and kinda giggled very slightly. I think he was impressed he made a rhyme.

You can't lose this type of game being up 2-0..now we go into Pittsburg tomorrow with a tired goalie. Way to finish boys. Love those Under 30 seconds to go in a period goals.

The Salvador and Palmeiri back to back calls changed the game. That was the "even up" portion. I said it earlier, the amount of calls is downright silly. It's ruining the game and this goes on every given night more fuel for the casual fans to see more goal scoring. You're just not going to win in this league with poor special teams and even if you kill them off, it can change the momentum and tonight was a example of that.

You're also not going to win many games committing that many turnovers, either. Salvador's gaffe cost them a point and a win.

Edited by SJP20

Fayne was awful tonite

And Salvador pretty much gifted them their third goal

this is exactly what happen, good call.

I too after knowing the Sharks had days off to scout the Devs... and their shootout wins film... I wish Zac didn't do the same move. I knew Niemi was waiting for it.

Patty doesn't belong on the SO on the first 3.

They were destroyed and lucky to get a point. The 2-0 lead was fools gold. They were really bad. The goal under a minute sucks, especially since it seemed like the Sharks were demoralized a bit before then (who wouldn't be :lol:), but hey, you play that kind of hockey and Murphy's law goes into effect.

fvcking awful excuse for a game. Up 2-0 and you fvcking choke it away. Have a lead with 30 seconds left and you choke it away.

Awful.

Choke? They were outshot like 940 to 15.

this is exactly what happen, good call.

I too after knowing the Sharks had days off to scout the Devs... and their shootout wins film... I wish Zac didn't do the same move. I knew Niemi was waiting for it.

Patty doesn't belong on the SO on the first 3.

His SO% is better than Kovy's....yeah, that was a lazy attempt tonight, but who'll take it then. Don't just complain, at least offer your solution.

Niemi was so ready that Zach score the second goal

Edited by cubanjd305

Count me in the glass half empty crowd...one regulation win in five games, and we've gotten smoked by two of the three good offenses we faced (and probably the only reason we dominated LA was their ridiculous travel schedule).

Maybe the fact we had long layoffs before the Philly and Shark games had something to do with the hideous defensive performances, but we'll find out soon enough.