I May Be As Crazy As Danton But.....

NJDF

I think this whole Danton issue is a very welcome distraction. Distraction from what?? How about our lack of offensive production and horrible powerplay. This whole Danton thing, i think, has kept focus off these issues which may have bought this team the time they need to "gel"; instead of constantly answering questions about them and throwing off their concerntration.

Let's hope so anyway.

GO DEVILS!!! :clap:

When I read the title of this thread, I though the suggestion was going to be giving Danton more of an offensive role. It's not a horrible idea, considering Pandolfo's on the PP unit.

Oh those tricky thread titles. :D

If you are suggesting taking Pando off the PP unit for Danton I'll have to take issue with that.....Pando is a natural goal scorer and an invalueable cog in the Devils deadly power play. :blink::blink:

GO DEVILS!!

I think you are getting carried away about this distraction comment. Yes, it may have been a little bit of a side story but lets look at things.

1. Danton's comments came after our Fourth game which happened to be our 1st loss.

2. The Game following the comments The Devils handily took care of the Thrashers (minus 3rd period).

3. If the veteran players on the Devils haven't learned to ignore the BS with the press and players yapping ala Bobby Holik they are in one sorry state.

4. I seen a Gomez quote saying he barely noticed Danton not being there.

5. All of this has occured in the span of a week where we only played one game. Also if you take the win as a sign it wasn't a distraction, We have tonights game to determine if the past days events had any effect.

I have played organized sports all of my life and in one sad season way back in High School we had a teammate die and as it was a very horrible thing to experience. When it came time to suit up and play we put it behind us and managed to only lose two games and the last one was at the state championships.

So if a bunch of High school kids can put together and succeed over adversity there is no excuse froma group of seasoned veterans.

I think this whole Danton issue is a very welcome distraction. Distraction from what?? How about our lack of offensive production and horrible powerplay.

I dunno, I've been griping about the power play all along. I have been distracted by the fact that it's like last in the friggin' NHL or something... :huh::o Or did some other team capture that honor yet???

Of course, with this team, they could have the most putrid pp and then suddenly go on a tear and score a ton of pp goals (total unpredictability).

Their main problem seems to be not enough guys going to the net, missing the net with a shot, or just passing wayyyyy too much, Keep it simple, guys :P .

A power play can't stay bad forever.

There's too much playmaking talent on this team for the Devils to be ranked near last.

Remember at the beginning of last year, the Devils couldn't kill off a penalty..I'd rather have this problem.

And yes, NJay, Danton's a perfect fit on left wing.. and the Devils should have their best offensive players killing off penalties so Danton and McKenzie can get more shifts. This is sure to help their offense.

I dunno, I've been griping about the power play all along. I have been distracted by the fact that it's like last in the friggin' NHL or something...   Or did some other team capture that honor yet???

Of course, with this team, they could have the most putrid pp and then suddenly go on a tear and score a ton of pp goals (total unpredictability).

Their main problem seems to be not enough guys going to the net, missing the net with a shot, or just passing wayyyyy too much, Keep it simple, guys .

I didn't mean chat rooms...I meant the focus of the media. This Danton story took all the attention away from our offense problems....which is what would have been the focus of the media (I'd think) if the Danton thing didn't happen.

GO DEVILS!!