Pronger

ghdi

I don't believe in injury karma but the fact is he is another fellow human being regardless of who writes his checks and what he has done in his career. I wouldn't want to see some random guy I don't know get bashed in the eye, so I don't wish it upon any hockey player either. Of course I'm glad he won't be playing in the game against us, but an injury in sports is no different than an injury to someone who is not an athlete, so it's never something to take joy or find humor in.

Looks like he is out for awhile. The docs appear to be worried about blood pooling behind his eye, and put him on bedrest. So it is too early to see how this Injury will play out, but looks better than I initally thought.

Eye injuries are no joke, and i speak from experience, hope he makes a full recovery but that will take time and a lot of effort on his part.

That wasn't so bad actually -- not like Mottau's. Pronger's were oh sh!t moment screams of fear - I can relate but it's not bowel loosening.

and that follow through is the kind of sh!t Pronger would take advantage of - especially on a guy like himself. This is man who stomped on someone with his skate. He's such a prick with a sense of entitlement the likes I've rarely seen. He has demonstrated repeatedly, he would not bat an eyelash if he caused permanent damage to someone.

I'm shocked at how I feel about this. :mellow: I'll be dead honest -- I just feel like he has no right to feel fear for his own well being like that the fvcker. I hear self-absorbed "Oh no not ME! This can't happen to ME!" in his cries, not any real pain or gut wrenching stuff.... just selfishness. Amazing a holler can be selfish. You bet your ass you're helpless you fvcker... feel it and maybe rethink some of the sh!t you've dished out in your life. <_<

That anyone can admire him the way I admire Stevens blows my mind --- and that anyone can feel about Stevens the way I do Pronger is amazing to me as well. A jackass like Darien Hatcher is just too stupid and unskilled to know better and I'll always forgive that. but Pronger is so willfully malicious and conceited. He has ZERO grounding in his own fallibility - zero modesty.

Im very glad he's fine and I clearly have some things I need to work out with a certain brand of human. My intolerance cant serve any useful purpose. :urg:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I don't believe in injury karma but the fact is he is another fellow human being regardless of who writes his checks and what he has done in his career. I wouldn't want to see some random guy I don't know get bashed in the eye, so I don't wish it upon any hockey player either. Of course I'm glad he won't be playing in the game against us, but an injury in sports is no different than an injury to someone who is not an athlete, so it's never something to take joy or find humor in.

But Pronger isn't just some random guy we don't know, he's a jerk who has insulted our team several times in the past and has played dirty around our players (arguably trying to injure or at least hurt them). Not saying I'm "cheering" or "rooting for" an injury, but I'm not going to go on and on about how much I care about him getting better either, because to be honest I don't care that much. He's a pro athlete who gets paid millions, his health is in good hands. Players expect to get hurt. It happens. I don't have to pretend to feel sorry for him or hope he gets better soon.

as someone who has some pretty crazy eye issues, i never wish harm to anyones eyes, regardless of who they are.

And i can't stand Pronger and his "physics" ... its in the back of my mind if Pronger is on the ice at the same time as Parise, i just think... ohhh crap this could be bad, and it never happens, but just KNOWING those two are out there at the same time... not fun haha

but i can't make fun of a dude who is having vision problems. I hope he has a healthy recovery but then does something different that puts him out the rest of the season haha

cant find the video but once as a duck Pronger elbowed Parise away from the player, dirty as heck.

never like injuries but when a guy inteionally cheap shots other then gets injured..? hopefully he learns not to be a dick.

Is this what you are referring to as far as Pronger on Parise?:

http://video.mail.ru/inbox/maximail/bloopers/648.html

I wouldnt say that that is "dirty as heck". Parise wasnt watching where he was going and Pronger just kinda tossed Parise aside. Could he have done without the extra umph sure but there was no way that Parise wasnt going to end up on his ass anyway after skating into Pronger.

Yea he's a piece of sh!t, but this could be a career-ending injury for all we know. I only heard his screams through the radio feed, but from what I heard from people that saw it, it was just as bad live. I hate Pronger as much as anyone else, but when it comes to personal safety / serious injuries, it transcends hockey.

Tell that to Ryan Kesler when his leg was getting stomped out by Pronger's skate.

Is this what you are referring to as far as Pronger on Parise?:

http://video.mail.ru/inbox/maximail/bloopers/648.html

I wouldnt say that that is "dirty as heck". Parise wasnt watching where he was going and Pronger just kinda tossed Parise aside. Could he have done without the extra umph sure but there was no way that Parise wasnt going to end up on his ass anyway after skating into Pronger.

although i can see he wasnt watching where he was going, he was starting to turn around.. and the fact still remains: Pronger still gave him an elbow