Devils pick up Ryan Carter off Waivers

HellOnICE

i guess with the success Elias Zubs and sykora had last night Lou wants to keep them together and with Henrique playing well he should be centering the 3rd line... this guy could be a good 4th line center id guess

But where do you put Mills then ?

I fell like he have been playing good enough to keep his spot.

Edited by SS-SS

i'm surprised at how much center he's played, i always thought of him as a winger. but i get him confused with drew miller who came up at the same time for anaheim. decent player, seems basically like what rod pelley is supposed to be. seems to be taking up reserve list space though.

seems basically like what rod pelley is supposed to be.

I LOL'd at this....Ugh, he was supposed to be the Madden replacement and was for a bit, but then the downhill slide took over.

The New Jersey Devils post Kovy...remind me of the AC/DC tune "Down Payment Blues"

"I got myself a Cadillac, but I can't afford the gasoline"

He's not better than Steckel. What he is better than is probably Mills, almost certainly Pelley, and way better than Tim Sestito. If this move means that Sestito doesn't see Newark for the rest of the year, I'm on board.

Also, Carter was born in White Bear Lake, which Coen obsessives will recognize from this:

I doubt Henrique is going anywhere. He could have easily had a hat trick last night and the organization is obviously high on him. With us decimated at center and there being a dearth of suitable stop-gap options, Henrique is here to stay and prove himself at least until Zajac returns. With Zajac back, hopefully ZP can slip back to the wing and we can keep AH centering the 3rd line until JJ returns and we have an embarrassment of riches at center.

What this team really needs is a skilled forward with a right hand shot to plug in at right wing. Palmieri belongs on the 3rd line at best. He's just dragging Kovalchuk's line down. I was at the game last night. Dude is 3 stride behind the play and does nothing with the puck.

Edited by Risky