Devils pick up Ryan Carter off Waivers

HellOnICE

Why all the Pelley hate? Pelley doesn't make mistakes and is an excellent PK guy for a very affordable price. Pelley 4 President.

NJ has used rod pelley for 53 seconds on the PK so far this year. i don't think he is in the PK mix. plus he never scores and doesn't really do anything well. he hustles, but that's not enough.

It's bad to say Ryan Carter will improve our 4th line because he is nothing special. He played weakish minutes with OK linemates last year and was a negative.

There is no chance he plays ahead of Henrique unless Henrique goes into a playing slump. I also feel there is little chance he is better then Steckel.

Something I just looked at, I knew Josefson has excellent on draws early in the season but Henrique is also excellent so far. When Zajac and Josefson return we maybe one of the better faceoff teams in the east.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

so who's being send down/moved to get carter on the roster? I really hope it isn't mills, i like the way he plays. this makes the boulton signing more annoying, they definitely dont need him and janssen and i prefer cam

nobody - they are carrying 22 players before this. when marty is healthy, kinkaid will be returned to albany.

I like this...

Gives us a 23 man roster... Nobody needs to be sent down.

Also gives us the option of playing without goons on the fourth line.

Janssen has played well, especially last game and Boulton has been alright... But we don't really need them for a lot of games.

i dont know, ever since seeing boulton knock that guy to the ground, i've been wanting to see more of him. we really dont have many guys who can fight decently at all and i really like seeing that in our arsenal. i know he had those bad penalties early but i dont think too much of that- he's gonna play tough and i want to see more of hiim

i dont know, ever since seeing boulton knock that guy to the ground, i've been wanting to see more of him. we really dont have many guys who can fight decently at all and i really like seeing that in our arsenal. i know he had those bad penalties early but i dont think too much of that- he's gonna play tough and i want to see more of hiim

especially now since clarksy is a scoring diva! and needs to put that fighting stuff behind him! :koolaid:

Edited by EdgeControl

From NJ.Com:

“No, I think he's been alright. If you look at our center position, two of your top three centermen have gone down. So we’re basically one injury away from having to play wingers out of position. You can never have enough centermen.

"This guy is an NHL player. He's played a bunch of games in the NHL in some good situations. I think he was in Anaheim for five years and won quite a few games there. He knows how to the play the game and gives us a little bit of veteran experience up the middle. We're pretty young there."

DeBoer coached Carter in Florida last season.

“We basically picked him up at the trade deadline in Florida last year, so I worked with him for the last six weeks of the season. He’s a centerman. He’s versatile. He plays the game the right way. He plays with energy. I think he can kill penalties. He’s one of those guys that can play a role and help us.”

Carter was scheduled to join the Devils Wednesday night, but DeBoer said he wasn’t certain if he’d be in the lineup Thursday night against the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena.

"I don't know. He's scheduled to get in tonight so depending on the time and things like that, we;ll talk about it," DeBoer said.

"I think he's a good faceoff guy. I don't know what the numbers show but I believe he can help us there," the coach said.