Devils Sign Steve Bernier

njdevil26

Look over your shoulder Palmieri, this ones for you.

It's a done deal, only a matter of time for some rigorous conditioning programming and learning the system.

RW Steve Bernier

Date of birth: March 31, 1985

Place of birth: Quebec City, Que, Canada

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 216

Shoots: R

NHL Seasons: 6

Drafted by San Jose in 2003 (1/16).

ASSETS: Owns good size and some untapped scoring potential. Can play the role of power forward effectively in short spurts. Is also a decent penalty-killer. gif.gif

FLAWS: Lacks consistency. Needs more work on his skating in order to emerge as a consistent scoring threat. His physical conditioning has been an issue. gif.gif

Physical depth winger. gif.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is 6'3" 220 lbs and was selected right before Parise in the draft. Technically, this guy should be a top line RW based on draft and supposed skillset.

Now, he has 2 pts in 5GP in Albany. Does this guy not care about playing in the NHL? Anyone watch him play lately, what's the report on him right now?

Note: I know he doesn't have a NHL contract.

Edited by Anhkheg

This guy is 6'3" 220 lbs and was selected right before Parise in the draft. Technically, this guy should be a top line RW based on draft and supposed skillset.

Now, he has 2 pts in 5GP in Albany. Does this guy not care about playing in the NHL? Anyone watch him play lately, what's the report on him right now?

Note: I know he doesn't have a NHL contract.

Trevor Kidd was drafted much higher than Marty Brodeur too...you see where I'm going with this... :whistling::P

• 2 months later...

As per TG:

"Right wing Steve Bernier has joined the team after agreeing to a two-way contract for the NHL minimum of $525,000. He had previously been on an AHL contract with Albany for $105,000. That will continue to be the AHL salary on Bernier’s contract."

Hmm ... I like this move for a third or fourth line player RW.He is now with the big club on a line with JJ and Poni. Looks like Henrique will not be in the line up.

Parise-Zubrus-Kovy

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Poni-JJ-Bernier

Boulton-Carter-Mills

Edited by Anhkheg