GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ New Jersey Devils

Quinn01

Aside from one or two good plays, I really dont find any value in Palmieri.. We should give zharky a chance to come in and at least he would create some buzz. Palmieri is only good (somewhat) on the boards with his size. I don't get why he's still in the lineup.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could also roll four scoring lines

Parise-Zajac-Henrique/Clarkson

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Kovy-Josefson-Palmieri

Tedenby-Carter-Henrique/Clarkson

Boulton-Mills-Janssen-Pelley

DeBoer will definitely have options and some very tough decisions to make here. He could choose to go four scoring or three scoring and one energy. What does he do? If he decides two have both options available, then waive two players from the crash line, maybe Pelley and Janssen? They could keep Henrique in center and move Elias back to left wing and Sykora right. Its going to be interesting to see what Lou and DeBoer decide. Looking forward to it.

Aside from one or two good plays, I really dont find any value in Palmieri.. We should give zharky a chance to come in and at least he would create some buzz. Palmieri is only good (somewhat) on the boards with his size. I don't get why he's still in the lineup.

Palmieri needs to find his game. He is definitely having a difficult second year. Tedenby is also a ball of talent who may be under utilized atm. Another option the devs have when rolling four scoring could also include calling Zharkov up. Interesting ....

Edited by Anhkheg

Man the Devils look awesome all round tonight.....without Kovy.

They didn't need Kovy to be utterly stupid in the third period and almost give away the game. I'm shocked there's no ripping of whoever the airheads were that stood around picking their nose on the tying goal (it looked like Carter and Volchenkov but I only got one look) because they thought the puck went into the net and play was dead without hearing a whistle.

Really, the Devils were the better team but they probably deserved to lose just on that stupidity alone :P Thank goodness Henrique bailed them out, he should have been the 1st, 2nd and 3rd star. After watching the last few games, I don't get why Henrique was ever on the outs with the team. He's already done more in five games than the more balleyhooed Josefson did in 40 or so.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just came home and saw the winning goal. Excellent. Henrique has more goals than Kovalsuck. But can we please start beating teams in regulation when we have a two goal lead in the 3rd. Congrats to Marty for his first win of the season.

This team is lucky To win because they are probably losing this game against better teams.

I agree. This won't happen when the play the Caps back to back Friday/Saturday.

I was so ticked at Volchenkov and Carter standing around before the goal I didn't even see the hook till now, that was pretty blatant :lol:

They missed one there. Then came the make up call. Devils couldn't capitalize ..then came the break away thank god.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery

haha the Henrique doubters were right on cue today before the game. This kid is getting his confidence, what a great game to see tonight from him. I had to work, but from what i see in the replays, it looked pretty even... marty honestly got away with a couple of lack plays. i saw Parise doing his thing in hustling like no other, good sh!t :cheers:

still though, I would have liked to see us beat Wpg in regulation. whatever, a win is a win, good work boys! build on thisssss

the ice was absolute garbage last night. There were LAKES of water, not puddles but freaking lakes, in the corners, in the crease, and up the boards.

So much for the quality of the ice improving without the NBA around. I love how we were hyping up the Prudential Center that it was going to have the best ice in the world when it first opened :lol:

I agree. This won't happen when the play the Caps back to back Friday/Saturday.

Can we just win Tuesday before we worry about the OMGZ, it's the home and home of doom this weekend!

Edited by NJDevs4978

To me the 3rd period is the result of the end of the 3rd game in 4 nights. They were just spent and got a little lazy. Nothing concerning.

The first two periods looked to be good old Devils' hockey. This game was very encouraging to me, and the emergence of Adam Henrique should be exciting to all Devils fans who probably haven't seen a rookie flash this well since Parise came up. JJ has had his moments, but certainly has not been as "sexy" as Henrique's play has been. Too bad AH isn't a right-handed shot.

To me the 3rd period is the result of the end of the 3rd game in 4 nights. They were just spent and got a little lazy. Nothing concerning.

The first two periods looked to be good old Devils' hockey. This game was very encouraging to me, and the emergence of Adam Henrique should be exciting to all Devils fans who probably haven't seen a rookie flash this well since Parise came up. JJ has had his moments, but certainly has not been as "sexy" as Henrique's play has been. Too bad AH isn't a right-handed shot.

Josefson is still, in my mind, better then Henrique. Josefson's defense is probably miles ahead of Adam's.