HENRIQUE

JakeDev

Uhhhh, that's their real name.

I know it was just kind of a coincidence. for a second one might think they were talking to Patty like he's some kind of analyst for his opinion.

the splash screen on the Devils site announcing their ticket packages or whatever features a Henrique picture at the moment. nice, kid does well, immediately start using him to market the team

Edited by Legion15
  • Like 1

im so excited about this kid, last game he made an AWESOME play on an aggressive forecheck, got the puck and had a good scoring chance out of it

but yeah... im always making fun of other fans from other team getting all excited on youngster having good streaks thinking that kid is the next Lemieux... so im trying not to get too crazy about it...

but damn i hope he's the deal deal

Good interview...he is very down to earth with opportunity he has and I think as long as he keeps his play balanced the way he has, its nothing but positive. The surronding experienced players will factor into that as well...feed off each other.

Adam is up to 10 pts so far this year (4th in rookie scoring) with his two assists tonight. Here is how our top scorers lineup at the moment:

17GP Elias 7G 10A 17PTS

17GP Parise 6G 4A 10PTS

14GP Henrique 4G 6A 10PTS

12GP Kovalchuk 3G 7A 10PTS

I am not going to say he is the same level of player as those listed with him, but his start to the year indicates this kid should have a scoring future in the NHL. In the past couple years, there were a lot of projections that he would slot in as a 3rd line checking center, but I think the forecast is now shifting, as he has been able to show he has a scoring touch at the AHL and NHL level.

It feels good to know we have 4 smart, thinking centers on our books in Zajac, Elias, Josefson, and now Henrique. Now we just need to draft some scoring RWs for the future.

Let's not go crazy here. I like Henrique, but you can see why it was (and still is) thought that he might be a checking-type center - he clearly has speed and some good stick handling moves, but I don't remember many great passes he's made, and he's not getting a ton of shots on goal.

I don't think he will stay at center long-term - he might even get shifted over when Zajac returns.

Edited by Triumph

U can say he doesn't often make great passes but the thing about henrique is that he makes things happen. He has great moves to the net and even when he doesn't score, he has a knack of making things happen. We saw that in parise's goal today. I am extremely happy henrique is on this team

It feels good to know we have 4 smart, thinking centers on our books in Zajac, Elias, Josefson, and now Henrique. Now we just need to draft some scoring RWs for the future.

+1, I think the consensus is a scoring RW and a top veteran Defenseman who can QB/PK. Then this team becomes a true stanley cup contender. We should look for teams at the bottom to trade with. Any suggestions from the Jackets/Flames/Ducks/etc.

I can definitely see Henrique being shifted to wing when Zajac returns. It's good to know he has the ability to play center as well though.

Also, I don't think I was going crazy, as I was tempering my statements as much as I could. Like I said, I feel like his forecast is shifting, not that it has shifted.

Anyway, at the very least, we've developed another player for our NHL roster, and homegrown talent is something I like seeing.

• 4 weeks later...

we we're all high on Tedenby but seems like Henrique is quickly catching up from the 2008 class

first round #24 Tedenby - 86 games played / 9 goals / 18 assists

third round #38 Henrique - 27 games played / 7 goals / 16 assists

while our 2nd round picks

#52 Burlon is still not playing in the NHL

#54 Cormier 21 games played / 1 goal / 1 assists and couldnt even crack the Jets roster this season

whats the deal with tedenby? havent been watching this year much. i was really counting on this guy to be a big part of the future.

just a few years ago people starting saying how dim the future here looked with everyone aging but now 2 or 3 years later we have a great pipleline with larsson, tedenby, josefson, urbom, and now henrique. cant wait for the future!!

Edited by Mayday