Will Parise Really Stay In NJ?

Quinn01

I hate to say it but since Travis went down, Zach has become less consitant, or is it the lack of playing with a year off either way you look at it. He needs to pick it up or in my opinion he is trade bait come the deadline.

I had the same injury Zach had. Trust me no matter how much treatment you recieve after the surgery it takes about 2 years in my opinion to fully recover from a torn meniscus. I don't think he's 100% all around.

The bottom line is we really don't have to wait much longer to get the answer to this. After Parise signed the 1 year deal this past summer, both sides said they'd negotiate quietly outside of the media and have an agreement that could be signed 1/1/12. Zach has said repeatily that he wants to stay here in multiple media outlets. Forget all the crap you hear on VS. and anywhere else in the media, if he's a man of his word and the Devils want him like they say they do then he'll be a Devil. I think it's good news we've heard nothing on the topic from Parise or the Devils since they agreed to deal with this silently!

If nothing is signed or announced a week after 1/1/12, expect Zach to be traded or just lost to FA on 7/1/12!

The bottom line is we really don't have to wait much longer to get the answer to this. After Parise signed the 1 year deal this past summer, both sides said they'd negotiate quietly outside of the media and have an agreement that could be signed 1/1/12.

If nothing is signed or announced a week after 1/1/12, expect Zach to be traded or just lost to FA on 7/1/12!

/thread.

Exactly this, imo

Edited by Devilsfan118

Dude, EVERY person says they want to stay. We'll see what happens but him saying that doesn't mean sh!t to me because he's never been a FA before. When Elias said he wanted to stay, it actually meant something.

Maybe, but he also said afterwards that he almost signed with the Rangers until Lou offered the no-movement clause.