Will Parise Really Stay In NJ?

Quinn01

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I just want to see the views of you guys on this topic. Forget everything that has been said already, what are YOUR personal views on this. Will he stay, if so will that entail a large contract? If he goes, where do you think he will end up?

I personally see him leaving at the end of this season. I think he is a tad bit bitter about Kovalchuk. I get the feeling he is young and frustrated in a hockey sense. I see him going to somewhere west like LA or Columbus.

Edited by Quinn01

Haven't we debated this enough? Can we just sit back and enjoy the season already? There will be 865423 threads about this soon enough.

Yeah I hear ya its just irritating me not knowing whether or not the captain is going to leave. I know its part of the game but the anxiety is killing me. :lol:

haha i have been wondering the same thing...last night he did an interview on nbc nhl overtime show and they asked him if him being the captain would make him stay

he said twice we're working on it looking perturbed...i really think he wants to stay but can nj afford him was something that wasnt brought up

one of the experts who i didn't recognize said he's going to be gone and lou will be moving him early to get good value out of him and set the team up for a rebuild

i am pretty bad with the rosey covered devil glass' but i think he will sign...thats my gut...lou doesnt want to move him and i think he wants to stay and the only thing holding this back is money

ques if we can't sign him do we trade him for prospects and picks?

btw he mentioned being captain is helped by having kovi an "ex-captain" on the team

Edited by justdo3043

And another thread on this topic will cure your anxiety how?

I think it's more like a need to wallow in the anxiety with as many as can stand it.

I hear you Quinn!

I can't get a read. I think he's not petty or compartmentalized though.

I DO get a distinct feeling he's doing all he can to help Kovalchuk. I think that he's doing his best to not leave the devils or more precisely, any of his teammates in the lurch. He's not pulling any Holik "I can look in de mirror and sleep like a leetle bebby at night... can anyone else on dis team?" while preparing to move on all season long.

I think Chico's take is coming from his relationship with JP -- and I think that makes it far to easy to over-simplify. JP is emotionally removed and has a different ambition for his son. He can't know what will truly make Zach happy.... it's his job as a dad to push Zach out of his comfort zone just in case ZACH doesn't really know what he wants. (and Zach is no fool -- he knows anything he says to Chico will go right back to his dad one way or the other -- so the communication is tainted - not in a negative way but in a keep every one happy - keep everyone's emotions as level as possible until it's time to really make a decision. Chico is a loud mouth who thinks he's helping -- which he IS but you have to keep it in the proper perspective too...)

In the end there will be consensus - and since every one seems to be coming from the right place I'm fine with however it plays out. I really like Zach and wish he'd stay but I'd understand if he left.

I feel ZERO ill will on any side. Every side has to question loyalties and such --but I approve of what every side is doing :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I think it's more like a need to wallow in the anxiety with as many as can stand it.

I hear you Quinn!

I can't get a read. I think he's not petty or compartmentalized though.

I DO get a distinct feeling he's doing all he can to help Kovalchuk. I think that he's doing his best to not leave the devils or more precisely, any of his teammates in the lurch. He's not pulling any Holik "I can look in de mirror and sleep like a leetle bebby at night... can anyone else on dis team?" while preparing to move on all season long.

I think Chico's take is coming from his relationship with JP -- and I think that makes it far to easy to over-simplify. JP is emotionally removed and has a different ambition for his son. He can't know what will truly make Zach happy.... it's his job as a dad to push Zach out of his comfort zone just in case ZACH doesn't really know what he wants.

In the end there will be consensus - and since every one seems to be coming from the right place I'm fine with however it plays out. I really like Zach and wish he'd stay but I'd understand if he left.

I feel ZERO ill will on any side. Every side has to question loyalties and such --but I approve of what every side is doing :noclue:

Absolutely, I mean I get bored in one spot in like 2 months. I cant imagine playing at that caliber for several years. It does seem that his connection with his teammates is what is going to keep him or push him away. On the other hand, if he does decide to leave, I would hate to see us get nothing in return for one of the top players in the league.

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I just want to see the views of you guys on this topic. Forget everything that has been said already, what are YOUR personal views on this. Will he stay, if so will that entail a large contract? If he goes, where do you think he will end up?

I personally see him leaving at the end of this season. I think he is a tad bit bitter about Kovalchuk. I get the feeling he is young and frustrated in a hockey sense. I see him going to somewhere west like LA or Columbus.

You love starting threads dude...you start off saying you know the topic has been beaten to death, but continue on beating the topic. I dont get it. Why not use a prior Parise thread? :noclue:

I don't think the Kovy trade and deal will have any negative affect on his decision in and of itself. I could be way off here, but I don’t feel egos clashing or resentment

Its how and if Kovy produces that will go into the thought process. Can the devils win with him and Zach? That obviously will be a factor

then you have the basic check lists of;

Stability and money will be big factors (can you blame him)

A hockey town would be a draw for him, and add financial incentives

And a winning chance; gotta drink from the cup

Right now it’s looking precarious at best. There is a ton of money coming off the books across the league. And if we cant be a major player in the bidding wars he gone.

He wants to play for a winner, simple as that. He's tired of losing. IF this team can make the playoffs and somehow put together a decent run I think that will go a long way in convincing him to stay.

The reason I consider this faulty logic - Zach isn't lazy. He's massively creative and he wants the room to develop that winning team. He doesn't strike me as some guy who solely wants his name etched on the Cup before he retires. He wants a legacy that he can share in the responsibility for. Like Nieds had to leave the Devils to feel true ownership of a Cup win.

Zach is feeling out if that can happen here. Actually I think he's pretty sure it can - as sure as he is that he can make it happen anywhere else. In fact he can make it happen here sooner than anywhere else most likely.

If he feels like he can get more -- I dont want to say credit or respect -- but if he feels he'll have more ownership of the team somewhere else he may go. But he wants to hold on to all he's built here and the team is showing they will allow him to in title ---

So it boils down to how he honestly feels -- does he honestly feel like he's contributing to the top of his ability here -- that he is allowed to and that he himself is capable.

Don't you all know how that is? I never understand why it's difficult to empathize with that goal. It's completely non-selfish in terms of what it brings to the team.

Trade him to Edmonton for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Gagne. Good deal no?

In all seriousness, I think Parise isn't worth more than Elias money and if we do end up giving him that money we won't win anytime in the forseeable future...